The Disney Hobo Life! An April 2017 TR (Finished 08/05)

A full row to myself only ever happened once before on a Virgin Atlantic flight from London to Boston. It was the business flight and I was so happy to stretch out and sleep for six hours after leaving my flat at 4 am to get to London. It's like the best gift ever when it happens!

For me, the bag helps me minimize what I need because I'm an over packer lol. Also my shoulders are uneven so when I have my crossbody bag that I use all the time at home it begins to hurt in the parks after only a couple of hours. To each their own! :)

It only happened to me when I flew to Chicago and it was a connecting flight to San Diego where most the people were getting on in Chicago.

Josh carries the big bag so we can overpack :rotfl: we could carry a smaller one but he wants all his electronics. I wish I liked carrying that bag more it's definitely the cutest bag.

Alice is Jey’s childhood favorite, so I have seen my fair share of Alice in the park, and this one just lit up the room. I videoed her entire time with the kids (all my pictures are stills from that video) and thank goodness I had sent it to Liz because I ended up losing all my videos from this day, but that one was preserved! She was adorable and sweet and both kids absolutely adored her! She spent quite a bit of time with us before moving on.
Such a bummer that you lost all of the videos, but at least that one made it and it does look like it was so adorable!

she LOVED Pooh! She kept hugging him and as we were leaving she kept squirming around in E’s arms to look at him and wave to him.
Oh my goodness, that is the cutest thing! Not that I can't understand :P Pooh is so soft and huggable.

This time I thankfully remembered that I could take photos AND video at the same time so that’s exactly what I did! I’m heartbroken I lost the video but I’m so glad I still have something to remember the encounter because it was wonderful and, well, I think the pictures speak for themselves!
They do speak for themselves! A is adorable and Buzz and Woody look so happy to be seeing him!

then popped over to watch the cheesy little Star Wars show they show on the stage every half hour.
It is so cheesy but I can't help but enjoy it. Cheesiness for the win.

I love your storm trooper pics!!! So much fun!

Thanks! :) They're so much fun to take pictures of, I just can't help myself!

Such a bummer that you lost all of the videos, but at least that one made it and it does look like it was so adorable!

Oh my goodness, that is the cutest thing! Not that I can't understand :P Pooh is so soft and huggable.

They do speak for themselves! A is adorable and Buzz and Woody look so happy to be seeing him!

It is so cheesy but I can't help but enjoy it. Cheesiness for the win.

I'm still really sad I lost the videos, but at least I took pictures through 90% of them so at least I have that!

I know you understand the Pooh love! I even got L a Pooh card for her birthday this week ;)

Part Three

The moment we stepped into the Brown Derby we knew it was a bad idea.

We were fried. The kids were fried. But we had already checked in so there was no turning back now.

We were brought to our table - a booth in back near the kitchen and bar area. Our waitress came over and took our drink orders and walked away. I’ve had this waitress at the Brown Derby before - an older woman who is usually very good, but she was having none of it today.

Now, when I say the kids were fried, I don’t mean they were loud or crying or anything. L was fussy - she was teething and had a small fever from traveling/teething/the heat (E has Polymorphous Light Eruption - my dad has it too - and her kids are lucky enough to have inherited it) but they were quiet and polite. Just exhausted. But when we ordered our meals, our waitress seemed annoyed by curious things - for example, J and I got the same thing, and both of us asked for a change. J asked for no cheese, I asked for no pecans. She was fine with me asking without pecans but she raised her eyebrow at J’s no goat cheese.

It took about an hour before our meals came, with no refills offered for our drinks in that time. A resorted to reading the wine menu because he got bored with coloring.

34241443101_f490841baa_b.jpg

Somewhere there is a picture E took of me actually reading it to him because that was where we were at by that point.

Our meals finally came. J and I were both so hot we just ordered the local greens salad with champagne vinaigrette. I liked it, she thought the vinaigrette was a bit overwhelming and we agreed it was probably because she didn’t have the cheese to cut the acidity.

34213910822_72daf5c0e6_b.jpg

T got the beef and enjoyed it. E got the pork but didn’t get to eat a lot of it. This was actually the thing that turned us off from the waitress, outside of inattentiveness (she literally had to walk by us every time she went in and out of the kitchen and wouldn’t make eye contact), was when E finally got to eat she actually came over and said “Oh, you finally get to eat!” because she had been feeding L and, y’know, doing normal mom things. T had tried but L just wasn’t having it from him.

Once we got the check we paid and left. L promptly passed out once she was on E’s chest and A was started to get fussy and it was check in time anyway so we decided to leave Hollywood Studios. A was supposed to go with T in the car while we took the bus so L could sleep, but A decided he wanted to come with us.

We got a bus quickly and took the back row so E could keep L on her chest comfortably. Of course the second we sat on the bus A started to get sleepy and we hadn’t brought the stroller with us, so J found every and any old school Sesame Street video she could to try and keep him awake. With three minutes left in the drive she had to resort to tickling his leg or shaking it gently just to give him enough stimulus to stay awake.

T beat us to the hotel so while we were on the bus he sent us the room number (our text never went through to us with our number so he had to go to the front desk and ask) and took the time to unpack the car.

34241416441_475e7d2863_b.jpg

We were sure we knew where we were going so we walked in and immediately turned left and headed down the hallway.

And then we found a dead end.

Oops.

Turning around, we trekked back through the lobby and went to the right. We took the elevator that we finally found up and easily found our room.

Okay, I say “easily” - we nearly walked past it every single time because the villa rooms don’t follow the exact numbering system of the regular hotel side.

Once we got there I went outside to look out at the pool view we had:

34241441121_191c40327b_b.jpg

If you looked to the right you could see some animals, but honestly I was okay with this, mostly because we never really used the balcony.

Right after we reached the room the gift that E had gotten came in. She was a little shocked - it wasn’t the bag she had ordered and it was missing one of the balloons. Everything else was correct, but we were a little concerned about it being the wrong bag. For the time being though, we let A open the bag and I gave L her stuffed Pooh that had been hanging around in my bag.

34241438971_4c28758052_b.jpg

34213909812_4a9800b4c3_b.jpg

34213909402_2d91dfe8b6_b.jpg

34213908942_7834278c6a_b.jpg

We were staying in a 1 bedroom villa. E and T (obviously) got the bedroom, with L in the pack n play in there. J and I were taking the pull out sofa, and T set up a bed using the couch cushions and a sleeping bag between the couch and the door to the porch. It actually worked out pretty well! Even if I had brought a sleeping pad for nothing - we all know if I hadn’t brought it I would have needed it, right?

But before we set up the room J and I just sat on the couch and stared at the wall for about an hour. We recharged our phones, mine deleted my videos (seriously, THIS WAS THE MOMENT OF DOOM! I’m still not over it, guys.), we watched a bit of our LLR consultant’s live sale and rubbed it in that we were in Disney, and then J turned to me and said “want to go to Magic Kingdom?”

As we are all very well aware, I’m sure, the answer to that question is never no.

We told T and E to text us if they needed anything - food included - and headed out to the buses, off to Magic Kingdom!

I'm sorry for not updating earlier! I meant to, and had this written all out, but I went away for Memorial Day weekend - we went to Misquamicut to see The Force Awakens at the drive-in and then I spent the rest of the weekend with friends down in the Providence/Fall River area. Once I came home I started to have a truly horrible allergic reaction to something (we don't know what yet) so I'm still recovering from that. But I'm hoping to get this update out and then another later tonight or tomorrow!

Part Four

As we were walking out of the room was when I realized that all my videos were deleted.

Yeah. It’s been a month and I’m still not over it.

And it was partially my fault, partially Dropbox. It told me it had finished uploading when it hadn’t and my phone has less than a gig of space (don’t get me started on that rant; there’s a month until I can get a new one and I will be getting the most storage I can) so when I went to free up space for the night it suddenly flashed that the videos hadn’t saved but they had already been permanently deleted.

Anyway, we got to Magic Kingdom around 8-ish.

34241415011_c2ba21c325_b.jpg

34241412751_d688a1cd5c_b.jpg

We walked down Main Street and tried to figure out what we wanted to do. We decided to make a FP for Big Thunder and headed over to Adventureland to see what wait times looked like for Pirates. It was listed at 20 minutes but in reality it was a walk on.

Once we got off I had J take this picture of my plaid - I had changed into it and a treasure map t-shirt (that I managed to buy literally two days before we left) before we went out for the night. I had been sad that Cakeworthy didn’t have a Pirates plaid (this was months before they made the Jack Sparrow plaid but I don’t really like it anyway) so I decided to make one for myself. Liz and I seriously had a party one weekend and made four of these - a Thunder one for her, the Pirates one for me, a Stitch one for our friend Amanda, and a Mansion one for Jey. Considering I’m the least crafty person I know I was super proud of myself.

34241412111_2d0fd6b903_b.jpg

It was close to our FP time (about 9:30) so we headed over to Thunder.

34241411241_efd23d0694_b.jpg

We enjoyed our ride and I recorded some of it to send to Liz because I know how much she misses working there - it was her very first job in WDW so it holds a special place in her heart.

We made a Buzz FP once we got off and headed towards Haunted Mansion. It had a 20 minute wait so we hopped in line and enjoyed the Grim Grinning Ghosts. Our Fp was open by the time we got out so we started to head through Fantasyland but got distracted - the lantern magic shot was out and the line was super short! We hopped in line and got our shots.

J went first:

34241410881_767260cc06_b.jpg

Then me:

34241410651_f1edacfb74_b.jpg

Hello, sweaty face. Maybe I should have reapplied something on to my face before going back out for the night. Or at least attempted to fix my hair. Ah well, when in Disney?

We continued through Fantasyland, distracted for a moment by Wishes. We watched a tiny bit (I was trying to get a specific shot, I admit)

34241409851_d22c04b0bd_b.jpg

34241409491_1277ddbc31_b.jpg

34241409061_848894a27c_b.jpg

34241408621_809ec2b52b_b.jpg

and then FINALLY made it to Buzz.

34241408251_7de2930db4_b.jpg

We both kind of stunk this time around lol. But I look super concentrated in the shot. This is very different from the next shot you’ll see from me later in the week.

Once done saving the galaxy we decided to let the park clear out a little bit so we hopped onto the Peoplemover. The ,ramp wasn’t on anymore so we had to walk up it. Which was super fun in my Teva flip flops let me tell you (I’m shocked I made it without losing a shoe- great calf workout though!). We were the only ones on the Peoplemover, probably the last guests. It was super fun!

34241408151_329c9e3475_b.jpg

I also almost left my wallet on the ride and had to go running back for it. Thankfully the CM was quick and he grabbed it for me.

We headed back at that point. We were starving and the Mara closed at 1 so we figured we’d head back to the hotel and grab food once we were there. We sent E and T a text but they were obviously asleep. It was fine though - by the time we ended up back at the hotel we were so exhausted that we didn’t even remember that we had wanted to go to the Mara until like halfway through the next day.

33987753370_a47fa9868d_b.jpg

We had thought to pull out our pjs before we left so we quickly changed and crashed as quietly as we could because A was asleep next to our bed. T was awesome enough to pull out the bed and make it for us, so that was super helpful! We were asleep by midnight.

Chapter Four: That Animatronic is Sassing Me!

Part One

Even though I was exhausted after our night in Magic Kingdom, I was awake at 6.

Now, the reason why? Well, there was something on me. I was in the corner of the pull-out and there was definitely a person on top of me. I tried to get comfortable but my shoulder seriously hurt and after a while of trying to sit there and fall back to sleep I could not. So I finally got up. It turned out that in the middle of the night A had woken up and was crying so J had put him on our bed and tried to calm him down. Instead, he fell back to sleep and flopped over onto us so she just got him comfortable between us and went back to sleep.

By the time I had come back into the room he was sideways on the bed with his head on my pillow. I decided I was not getting back into the bed with the weird way he was sleeping so I grabbed my iPad and spent the next hour sitting at the kitchen table reading and playing around on facebook.

When T got up and peeked in to see if anyone was up yet he started laughing. Apparently A’s never crawled into bed with anybody, not even them!

We let him sleep. I showered and got ready, and ate an English muffin with peanut butter for breakfast. E left after she got ready - she had some students taking a workshop in the parks over the break and she was planning to go to the workshop with them on either day.

Once A and J were awake and ready we headed out to the Magic Kingdom. We got there around 9-ish and started heading towards Fantasyland, since we figured we could do a lot of things the kids would enjoy.

33670314704_3f92106d65_b.jpg

As we were walking by Merida’s stage J commented that I should go meet her. I said that the line was always long, but as we rounded the corner we realized the line was actually super short. So I hopped in.

34471458686_a65a874019_b.jpg

34471457536_4f81a68ec5_b.jpg

34471499666_a601660593_b.jpg

I was in and out in about 15 minutes and headed back to Fantasyland to find A, T, L, and J. J had sent me a picture of “Sir A” so I knew they were around Sir Mickey’s somewhere.

33670346984_aed9f4b719_b.jpg

34471497356_045e85c09e_b.jpg

33670344654_54a203a65d_b.jpg

34512758575_1a21d50d6b_b.jpg

I stopped to take a couple of pictures of the carousel that you see above and while I was walking around to get a different angle T called over to me. A really wanted to ride the carousel so we hopped in line.

33670342764_7eb0797dcd_b.jpg

L LOVED it! We sent videos and pictures to E who was super sad she missed out on it. When we got off we had a text from E - we had been planning on heading over to Haunted Mansion because A said he felt brave enough to go on it. E’s kids were heading in that direction already, and their tour guide said we could get into line with them since they were going standby anyway.

34512757405_40cb8dc0d3_b.jpg

34127296870_6a38e9e25e_b.jpg

34512754875_de4b94df37_b.jpg

34127295380_3e39a2af6f_b.jpg

A went with T and E while J and I took L. L was super into it and had a great time! A said he liked it and wasn’t scared of it, but he’s at the age where he does it once then he’s done.

Once we were off we headed to Philharmagic and got in right as the next show was starting.

We headed back to the Tangled bathrooms and hung out there for about a half hour. It was around 10:45 at this point and we wanted to stay in the area to meet up with E.

I got myself some water and a treat, and we got the kids some water too. I kept A entertained playing find the Pascal.

34512751755_c24067b3e5_b.jpg

34127294650_97bd4fb32b_b.jpg

34512750475_53cf4ef10b_b.jpg

34127294050_a6ec44c59d_b.jpg

Once it was 11:30 we headed over to Liberty Tree - we had made an ADR while we were in line for Haunted Mansion right at opening so we made that our meeting place with E.

It took about an hour before our meals came, with no refills offered for our drinks in that time

My biggest pet peeve at a restaurant, ugh!! I'm sorry your waitress wasn't great this night.

We were staying in a 1 bedroom villa.

I want a refund! My regular room's chair did NOT have a lion on it!!

mine deleted my videos

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I would have freaked out!

Once I came home I started to have a truly horrible allergic reaction to something (we don't know what yet) so I'm still recovering from that.

Ack! I hope you're feeling better, that's scary!

the lantern magic shot was out and the line was super short!

I wanted to do this so badly in May and didn't! I think both pics came out great!

The ,ramp wasn’t on anymore so we had to walk up it. Which was super fun in my Teva flip flops let me tell you

I could run a marathon in my flip flops, lol!! I'm glad you didn't lose a shoe! My only bad flip flop moment was during a rainstorm where Liberty Square and Frontierland start to merge...the walkway had so much water it was running like a mini river and I stepped on the curb awkwardly and my flip flop started floating away. Stressful.

I said that the line was always long,

Always my experience, no Merida for me :sad:

I was in and out in about 15 minutes

That's amazing!! I"m jealous!

Once we got off I had J take this picture of my plaid - I had changed into it and a treasure map t-shirt (that I managed to buy literally two days before we left) before we went out for the night. I had been sad that Cakeworthy didn’t have a Pirates plaid (this was months before they made the Jack Sparrow plaid but I don’t really like it anyway) so I decided to make one for myself. Liz and I seriously had a party one weekend and made four of these - a Thunder one for her, the Pirates one for me, a Stitch one for our friend Amanda, and a Mansion one for Jey. Considering I’m the least crafty person I know I was super proud of myself.

I love Cakeworthy, but I haven't bought any in awhile because some of them have an unflattering fit. I like the Hot Topic ones too, but I considered making one when the Haunted Mansion one I wanted wasn't available. But I'm not very crafty so I just waited till it came back. I like yours though! I agree I don't like their Jack Sparrow one either.

My biggest pet peeve at a restaurant, ugh!! I'm sorry your waitress wasn't great this night.

I want a refund! My regular room's chair did NOT have a lion on it!!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I would have freaked out!

Ack! I hope you're feeling better, that's scary!

I wanted to do this so badly in May and didn't! I think both pics came out great!

I could run a marathon in my flip flops, lol!! I'm glad you didn't lose a shoe! My only bad flip flop moment was during a rainstorm where Liberty Square and Frontierland start to merge...the walkway had so much water it was running like a mini river and I stepped on the curb awkwardly and my flip flop started floating away. Stressful.

Always my experience, no Merida for me :sad:

That's amazing!! I"m jealous!

Thankfully the rest of our week made up for the waitress at Brown Derby, but I'm still super bummed, because she was fine to me and T, but to J and E she was super snarky.

hahaha, sorry, we horded all the lion headed chairs in our room.

I'm still not over my videos deleting themselves -_- I'm getting a new phone (WITH MORE SPACE) later this month so I plan on not even TOUCHING my Disneyland or October videos until I get home. I'm not playing around this time!

I have no idea how I got so lucky with Merida - I'm super sad I was Rapunzel-bounding (there was a reason, though!) and wished I was Merida bounding, but oh well.

I still have hives :/ we can't figure out what it is. I'm basically downing Benadryl, bathing myself in aloe, and now I'm on 2,000 mg of vitamin C to block the histamine. I don't want to do a steroid pack again, I have bad memories of them.

Oh no! Glad you retrieved your flipflop lol. I love mine, but squishy-on-squishy walking was a super workout lol.

I love Cakeworthy, but I haven't bought any in awhile because some of them have an unflattering fit. I like the Hot Topic ones too, but I considered making one when the Haunted Mansion one I wanted wasn't available. But I'm not very crafty so I just waited till it came back. I like yours though! I agree I don't like their Jack Sparrow one either.

I have a Haunted Mansion one from Cakeworthy that I do really like, but I'm just so picky about them. I'm also not a plaid person (or a button-down person in general) but the Old Navy plaid I used is so slinky and comfy!

Part Two

J and I sat down with the kids on a bench inside Liberty Tree while T checked us in. It took about five minutes before they were calling our name, and E was running in just in time!

We were seated in the first room, near the windows, and we all basically knew exactly what we wanted as we sat down. Our waiter was quick and brought us our drinks faster than anything, and we ordered. As we were waiting for our food he went past to another table with desserts and it was like a bad movie - we all whipped our heads around to watch the desserts go by. That was about when we decided to stop being good and admit that we really just wanted dessert with our meals.

34512749775_9be5d557fb_b.jpg

I got the pot roast, which I devoured:

33670337534_86b8f89fa6_b.jpg

It super hit the spot.

After we devoured our meals, we got desserts. I got the sticky toffee pudding:

33670334104_a478bf9521_b.jpg

And really enjoyed it, as I usually do!

While we were walking out of our meal, we caught the beginning of the Muppet’s Great Moments in History so we watched it. It had been on my list of things I really wanted to see so I’m glad I did!

34512743275_bf69c6873f_b.jpg

33670332624_5d5bca9639_b.jpg

34512741035_92fa29064e_b.jpg

33670331594_3b8967363f_b.jpg

34512739835_c41764ef8c_b.jpg

33670330804_ae1afee94c_b.jpg

34127288360_19f239683d_b.jpg

34512738815_1b8248c035_b.jpg

Once we finished watching we headed towards Fantasyland. T and E had fastpasses to take the kids onto Pooh, so J and I headed down towards Storybook Circus. She was meeting her mother and grandmother later in the week, so we got her nana some ears and got them embroidered. We also went on a search for socks. T and E hadn’t brought a lot of socks for A, hoping he would wear his sandals for the majority of the trip, but the kid lives in his boots and refused to wear his sandals.

We found some socks just as we got a text saying that T and E were off Pooh so they headed to meet us. E also wanted to buy her friend some ears for her kid so we looked around to see what we could find.

J and I were supposed to have a FP for Little Mermaid at this point, so we headed over to that area. But A was exhausted and having a minor tantrum (seriously, the kid’s tantrums are pretty much equivalent to my whining so I’m super grateful for that) and didn’t want to leave T’s side. The line was only about a half hour long, so T said he’d take A through the line and we could use our passes, but we decided to just go with them, since being with the kids was more important than the ride.

34127283740_6a02486818_b.jpg

34127284400_5370cd65be_b.jpg

Also, let’s be honest, if we got into the line we’d get to stay in the air conditioning a little longer.

The kids were a little bit more awake after that, which was good! So, I planned my trip too late to get a lot of the big ticket FPs, which includes Mine Train. I was a little bummed because it was going to be A’s first time riding and I didn’t want to miss it, but figured I’d figure it out.

Well, E had figured it all out. They had to do ride swap anyway because we had L, so our original plan was that I would stay back with L and keep her out of the sunshine, etc., while J, E, and T took A onto Mine Train. Then we would swap and I would get to ride with whatever parent and A.

Well, that changed slightly. As we were walking from Little Mermaid to Mine Train J noticed that the Fairy Godmother was out. She was wearing her Fairy Godmother shirt and is the kids’ godmother, so she said she’d take L to get the picture and would go second round. She and I switched bands and I headed over to the FP line with T, E, and A.

34127285970_306d06996b_b.jpg

Someone got the red card!

When we got to the front of the line A decided he wanted to go with T so E and I went together. We were the last two rows so he got a great first ride. I filmed it all, and got a couple pictures of us on the ride as well!

34127287880_3af5cbdd91_b.jpg

34512736725_d2a613c878_b.jpg

A really liked it! He was scared to put his hands up until he saw me and E do it and then he actually did!

When we got off we asked if he wanted to go again but he said no. He’s at that age where “going again” isn’t really a thing he understands - we went once, why would I want to go another time?

We found J. They hadn’t met Fairy Godmother because her set had finished by the time they got over there and the stepsisters had come out. But someone had given L a wand from from Cinderella’s Royal Table so J had gone to the restroom to rinse it off and then let L have it. She was a very happy little princess!

34512733565_79065f96d4_b.jpg

Since A didn’t want to go again we asked who he wanted to stay with him and L. He chose T, so T offered to wait for the Fairy Godmother to come out again then get into the line so J could get a picture with her and both kids. The three of us used the rider swap FPs and headed in. This time we ended up in the first two rows.

34127287140_a71de8bd37_b.jpg

We had a fun ride but once we got to the end the ride stopped abruptly for a few minutes. But we were literally done - we were at the cottage. So E spent the time trying to imitate the animatronic of the hag. Until the hag started cackling and turned around and E was flabbergasted. “Did that animatronic just sass me?” she yelled.

We were in hysterics by the time we got off. We were still laughing once we found T and the kids.

But we had gotten back just in time for the fairy godmother to come out! A and the CM handler bonded over having the same name, and the Fairy Godmother was smitten with the kids.

34512730685_73a87fcd1d_b.jpg

34127284980_7580ef6fd2_b.jpg

After that it was off on our next adventure!

I disappeared for a bit, sorry guys! I'll catch up with the TRs I'm reading tomorrow during the day.

It was a whirlwind of a last two weeks of work - some pretty bad power plays are being done in my district right now and I'm kind of stuck in the crosshairs. Fingers crossed (and good thoughts appreciated) that everything works out okay for me! BUT! I'm on vacation!!!

I've literally had an entire vacation's worth of stuff done in the last 48 hours - auditioned for a local theater's summer musical, went on an impromptu road trip, went to a comic convention, met Martin Klebba(we talked about Emoji Blitz and teaching and I love it!), so it's been grand!

I've also done some stuff for our vacation to Disneyland this summer - I made some reservations and bought my tickets. This week I plan to do some things for my mother/daughter trip (officially booking hotel, etc.) AND I have a third trip planned!!! I mean, for next summer, but I'm still so excited! I'm starting to plan my 30th birthday trip (7 months after I turn 30, because #teacherlife). I'll be going with Liz, our friend Kristen, and Liz's boyfriend Kyle (who is also the awesome human who has offered to drive us to the airport for Disneyland. On his birthday.)

Anyway, excuse the gushing, I needed to share with people here who understand! On to the end of the day (finally!)

Part Three

Our next adventure was to head over to Small World. E had a couple of students who had only one wish for their school trip to Disney: ride Small World with A.

So we hopped into line with them. The line was out the door, but it was only 20 minutes before we were all setting sail!

33670318964_14b3464645_b.jpg

33670318334_8b7af240d0_b.jpg

After our ride we parted ways with E’s students for the rest of the day. We went to the Tangled bathrooms so E could change L into her princess outfit, and since we matched we had to get an Auntie and me picture taken!

34127283160_489fae5e0b_b.jpg

Our final FP for the day was to meet Tiana and Rapunzel, who is L’s favorite princess. I’m not even kidding - she is 1 and she has a favorite princess - a girl after my own heart!

Rapunzel came right over to us before we even met Tiana to play with L and her dress - it was super sweet! The kids loved meeting the princesses and were super cute with them.

34127282880_1b1f571dfd_b.jpg

33670320994_764e8a1406_b.jpg

33670320434_0af130309e_b.jpg

33670319724_6dd5763396_b.jpg
33670315864_508f3ab49e_b.jpg

But after we were done we were all wiped! Thankfully, it was time for dinner, so we headed out of the park. We hopped onto the monorail and ended up with a car to ourselves so we stretched out and vegged - if our monorail hadn’t stayed in the Contemporary for an extra amount of time we were actually just going to go around again to let the kids (and us!) sleep. We were pretty impressed though - we had managed to pack a ton of things in to the morning and afternoon. And it wasn’t terribly crowded!

33670317884_1094eb91af_b.jpg

We got off the monorail at the Poly and headed over to Kona. We were early but we figured if they weren’t ready for us we’d go sit and relax, but they were ready for us!

We had a MUCH BETTER waitress than we had had the night before at Brown Derby. She came around with water right after we sat and was super understanding about how tired the kids were and tried to make sure they had what they needed and that they got their food first which was great!

We all had a moment where we talked about drinks, then kind of all decided to just go for it. T and I both got the Lapu Lapu:

33670317594_8d1f0e7b49_b.jpg

While E and J got the Island Sunset. I sent a ridiculous picture of E drinking hers to her but it apparently didn’t end up in my upload batch -_-.

I ended up just getting the steamed pork buns. I know it’s an appetizer but it’s probably my favorite thing on their menu.

33670317244_31ca444743_b.jpg

It was just as good as I remembered it being!

We opted for dessert too, and while everyone else got sane desserts I went insane with the Kona Kone:

33670316964_45017924a2_b.jpg

(this makes it look like it's small. Please know that it's actually the size of my face!)

I can’t say no to a dessert that’s also a challenge. I didn’t get anywhere near finishing it but it was good!

After the meal but before we paid, E and J ran to the restroom and just after they left T had to take A to the restroom too. So I stayed with L. She was getting super fussy so I picked her up and cuddled with her, humming to her to get her to sleep.

After dinner was paid for we headed on out to the monorail again. Once we were back at Magic Kingdom we decided that it’d just make more sense to head out than stay in the parks when the kids were so exhausted. Since it was such an early night we asked if the kids wanted to go swimming. A definitely wanted to so we all got changed and spent a nice hour down in the pool. They were playing trivia and we won like four times, then started giving the answers to the kids around us. I didn’t bring my phone with me or camera because I just wanted to enjoy myself so no pictures here sorry guys!

We basically fell asleep right when we got back into the room.

Umm... that Kona cone looks amazing, is that cotton candy around the bottom? Now I want ice cream!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter