The Disney Hobo Life! An April 2017 TR (Finished 08/05)

Great pictures and wonderful start to your Easter!

Columbia Harbor House always seems to hit the spot. :lovestruc

Can't wait for more!

Thanks! It was so nice being there during Easter (I've been there near Easter before but never actually celebrated!)

It wasn't as awesome as it normally is that day, but I also didn't get the Anchors Aweigh sandwich like I normally do (I have no idea why!) I was also having a bit of heartburn that day so that probably didn't help lol.

Thanks for sticking around!

Part Three

After Lunch we headed back towards Main Street for our next FP of the day.

34229984855_050c076a20_b.jpg

Can you guess where?

A was so excited he was jumping up and down. We had a minor meltdown - he wanted to wear his hat in the photos (it covers his face and E wanted a couple nice pictures where she could see his face) but he got distracted with Mickey talking to a little girl and it was easily forgotten about.

Ah, to be a toddler lol.

We had THE BEST photopass lady ever. We were also in there for a good 15 minutes, with A just playing around with Mickey and dancing. Ugh, it was just adorable.

34229983885_d8ddd02653_b.jpg

34229983045_20913db930_b.jpg

34229982165_0b8b8fe7bc_b.jpg

We were supposed to split up after that - J and I would take L on The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh while E and T took A onto Peter Pan. But L had fallen asleep while we were in line for Mickey and once we got A back into his stroller he fell asleep as well. So instead we walked around the park a little bit.

34229981355_50d4aba627_b.jpg

34229980845_341f989154_b.jpg

33845898820_01685117a7_b.jpg

We decided to just call the last FPs we had for the day a wash when it was obvious they were down for the count and we were going to be cutting it too close to the time we’d have to meet up with T’s parents for dinner anyway. Instead we ended up here:

33845899410_36fa16faa3_b.jpg

And promptly split up. T went to get a table while E got herself a citrus swirl. J and I went further down.

34189470556_6188bf2f28_b.jpg

34189469676_a5acbf099a_b.jpg

And got ourselves this beauty:

34189468796_4f25a42909_b.jpg

We sat just inside the small overhang between the Aladdin meet and greet and the Bazaar area. L had woken up so she had a little bit of our ice creams. It was around this time that T’s phone (which had died as we left Mickey) had finally charged enough to turn it on. He had a call from his parents. He managed to get in touch with them while we were sitting there - since they hadn’t heard from us they had just entered the park and had gone onto the Peoplemover. We told them that we’d head for dinner and meet them ASAP.

After finishing our ice creams we headed out of the park and walked over to the Contemporary, where we were eating for Easter as well as the kids’ birthdays since A’s was the next week and L’s isn’t that much further off.

A woke up as we were walking into the Contemporary, so we spent some time looking at the Easter eggs that were set up in the foyer then sat down on the couches near reception to wait for T’s parents.
33419366933_3496e6a614_b.jpg

34073073272_e7feffb6d0_b.jpg

34073072672_63b7c81ef1_b.jpg

34073072002_6ee796116a_b.jpg

34073071452_db09a4a62f_b.jpg

They weren’t that far behind us, and they took A and L to get changed into the outfit’s T’s mother had made for them specially for dinner.

A was a little excited.

Once the kids were ready we headed upstairs. We had reached Chef Mickey’s, where we were eating for the night. We got up there just in time to catch a few kids doing the opening ceremony for the restaurant, which was cute.

33845892110_a464bfa241_b.jpg

33845892940_68774b6848_b.jpg

We took pictures with the Mickey statue in front of the restaurant then sat and waited for the buzzer to go off. We were brought in by a very friendly hostess who let us stop and look at the Easter eggs on display inside before we kept going because A saw one he liked and, well, I saw one I liked too.

34073068982_224ff3ff39_b.jpg
33845891080_af764befec_b.jpg

We were seated in the back, next to the door to the kitchen and against the wall in the corner. It was a good table to be at, especially with two little ones - it gave them easy access to the characters. Our waiter wasn’t super happy, and didn’t bring a lot of refills after initially coming back once. But since it was a buffet, no worries for us!

We let E take A up with T’s parents first, then we went up afterwards.

I ended up only going up to get one plate for dinner and one for dessert because I got so wrapped up in the characters coming around. For my first (and only) plate of food I got: spinach salad, a perogi, beef, mac and cheese, polenta, macaroni salad, mashed potato, and salmon. Lots of carbs, my favorite! I also had pomegranate lemonade.

33845891640_995c7ed443_b.jpg

Then the characters started coming. Oh man guys, the character interactions were AMAZING for us! Also the interaction with the CMs and chefs. I don’t know what it was - if A is just adorable (I’m biased but he is), the fact that it was his and L’s birthday dinners, the characters were just amazing that night, the stars aligned perfectly, or what, but it was absolutely fabulous! Special props to Mickey, Pluto, and Minnie. Big, huge props go out to their handler for being an amazing woman and going above and beyond. Also for the pastry chef for just being a great person to chat with every time she came in and out of the kitchen. They all really made this little boy feel super special.

33845890530_0cfb9d528b_b.jpg

34073067502_7f2418bc0c_b.jpg

34073066982_4fbd318ece_b.jpg

33845889230_0f11d1e7c4_b.jpg

33845890010_c04fd92ca9_b.jpg

33845888450_44d56a04b7_b.jpg

34099388431_f4ea6e56a1_b.jpg

34099387471_ab09d8d8f9_b.jpg

We were told to wait until Minnie came around again before we left, so that was around the time I decided to go get dessert:

34099390301_53694fe6cd_b.jpg

That’d be a spoonful of bread pudding, two macarons, a s’mores tart, an Mickey oreo mousse, an eclair, and a berry tart. They were all yummy and that s’mores tart and oreo mousse haunt my dreams.

We left after Minnie came back with A’s chef hat signed by all the characters and the chefs. After a few more Minnie cuddles and a bunch of thank you’s to the character attendant we headed out, making sure we took down names of everyone we could so we could write a glowing review of them to drop off at guest services later.

33845887850_dcd83aa4e9_b.jpg

Oh, before we headed out we had to stop by guest services anyway. We had had two weird encounters that day that had us second-guessing ourselves. The first was when we pulled up to the gate at HS. The Cm in the booth scanned T’s band and it popped up saying our hotel, which we weren’t checking into until the next day. Then, during dinner, E’s Waze app told her it was time to leave to make it to check-in. She hadn’t been able to find a hotel room for Easter, though she had tried numerous times, so she just wanted to check and make sure we WEREN’T actually supposed to check in on Sunday.

Once everything got straightened out (easily enough, just a blip!) T’s parents headed back to their house to set everything up for us for the night while we headed back to HS to get the car.

We had a half hour’s drive back to T’s parents, and once we got there we basically all crashed.

I'm going to look at my daily step-count just because I want to see for my own curiosity how differently I walk in Disney World versus Disneyland this summer so I'll post the stats my watched picked up at the end of the day.

Today's step count: 12,363
Distance: 5.38

Last edited:
Loving your report. Great pics at Chef Mickeys and I love all the Easter decor.

I'm here to follow along! :)

Also my car had been egged by some awesome human the night before
Yikes! I am so sorry that people are the worst.

There are four gates instead of the two that Kerry Airport has (now THAT would be the smallest airport I've ever flown out of!
MKG is the smallest I've ever flown out of and it too only has 2 gates. Very tiny. It's yarring to go somewhere so small after experiencing large airports.

We watched the pre-parade which was specially for Easter and we enjoyed singing along to the easter Parade soundtrack they used.
I think it's so awesome that there are always those special things for holidays.

Those costumes are something though.

they took A and L to get changed into the outfit’s T’s mother had made for them specially for dinner.
Oh my goodness, their outfits kill me with how cute they are! Seriously!

I love this stuff!

I am so glad you had such great character interactions this day, as well as a fantastic time at Chef Mickey's! It truly makes a great impact on your vacation.

It was a great treat! I love anything pomegranate so the second our waiter said they had it I was already ordering lol.

It was an amazing time! A was smiling from ear to ear and was talking about it all the way home from the parks that day, and we were all super happy. It's definitely one of those vacation memories that we'll all have for a very long time.

Loving your report. Great pics at Chef Mickeys and I love all the Easter decor.

Thank you so much!

I'm here to follow along! :)

Yay! Hi!

Yikes! I am so sorry that people are the worst.

Thankfully nothing terrible happened but now I'm super worried about parking on the street. I actually just went to move my car back into the driveway and did a thorough check of it.

MKG is the smallest I've ever flown out of and it too only has 2 gates. Very tiny. It's yarring to go somewhere so small after experiencing large airports.

It's so weird! But it was so so great not having to worry about all the issues you have with a big airport!

I think it's so awesome that there are always those special things for holidays.

I know! I've never been specifically on Easter weekend before, and I'm really glad to see some nice touches!

Those costumes are something though.

This was a high school too! From Georgia I think. And there were a TON of them! They're beautiful though.

Oh my goodness, their outfits kill me with how cute they are! Seriously!

Aren't they adorable? T's mother did a great job on them! I wish I could have gotten a better picture of L's, but she's teething so she was having a grumpy day.

Chapter Three: Funny Old Bear!

Part One

J and I hadn’t gone to sleep until about 11 the night before. We were in the three season room with A, so we were letting T put him to bed, so the two of us slept in until about 7. T’s parents were awake with A, who was happily watching tv, so I relaxed for a few minutes before I decided I needed to get up.

As a sidenote, is a three season room called that in Florida? Because I’m 90% sure that it’s not, but I also cannot think of another word for it. Is it still technically a lanai? I have so many questions about the room I slept in.

Anyway, J and I both got up as T’s mother was heading out the door for work so we said our goodbyes and she wished us a happy vacation. I decided to forego a shower for the morning since my hair was just going up in a ponytail again and I was putting a bow in my hair and needed the added texture. So I got dressed quickly, did my makeup and put on my sunscreen while A played, going between me and J. E was up getting L ready and T was packing up the car.

We were all ready to go by 9, changed the kids, and were on the road by 9:15. We were going to the Grand for breakfast. Our ADR was at 10:15 and we made it by 9:50 or so. Just enough time to take it slow! We went up to valet and got everything all settled (we had a cooler of fruits and other assorted snacks for the week we needed to have put in the cooler at guest services, etc.) we started in.

We got distracted within the first 100 feet though, because Richard was out working so we stopped to talk with him and take a picture with him.

33530276924_db39dc6330_b.jpg

After our chat with Richard we headed inside. Our original plan the night before was to take the monorail from the Contemporary over to the Grand to see the Easter eggs - we hadn’t actually known there were even any IN the Contemporary until we got there! - but by the time dinner ended we were all so tired from getting up so early that we collectively couldn’t do it. We hadn’t been sure how long they would keep the Easter eggs out after Easter, so we were all pleasantly surprised!

34213868662_68639191aa_b.jpg

34241390351_15e9b9eb48_b.jpg

33561867463_ac54040066_b.jpg

33561867123_27854dc20a_b.jpg

33987821550_6233da3f2b_b.jpg

33561866523_98de6ce07b_b.jpg

33987819620_ff7b8756ed_b.jpg

33561865923_eb09363549_b.jpg

33987817850_7666e65178_b.jpg

33561865413_fd26a811ec_b.jpg

33987816010_abcebd635e_b.jpg

33561864643_f7d9312a2e_b.jpg

33987814650_5ef10f77c6_b.jpg

33561864113_847e3b3c23_b.jpg

33987813080_50ce008fc8_b.jpg

33561863383_c5e2bba8ed_b.jpg

33987811650_1676dba70e_b.jpg

33561862573_8589e6ee08_b.jpg

33987809840_355cab738c_b.jpg

We had fun looking around at all the eggs and showing them to the kids, then it was time to head over to 1900 Park Fare and check-in. A was dressed as Bert and L had an Alice dress on, so they were super on-point. We waited maybe 5 minutes (enough time to have a cup of orange-infused water that we all finished as our buzzer went off) and then we were led inside. We were seated near the kitchens, and conveniently located next to the food. J and I took the first round after we put in our orders of juices (and T and I got some coffee). She got lost in the omelet line, so I made it back faster than her (admittedly I only made it round about half way):

33561862013_3435614225_b.jpg

Croissant, strawberry soup, eggs, corned beef hash, waffles, sausage pizza. I went back up later to get a red velvet pancake and some bread pudding.

The characters started coming out. First up was Tigger, who got A to bounce with him, but L was eating so he didn’t bother her. He also complimented my Bobba Love shirt (thanks, Tigger! I love him too!).

33987808810_3abbbbb2fd_b.jpg

Mary Poppins was next and was quite pleased to find a chimney sweep at our table.

33561861583_7f8b86ce57_b.jpg

33987807380_e28e69d898_b.jpg

33561861293_a03520c196_b.jpg

Then, guys. Alice came.

Alice was the best Alice ever.

Alice is Jey’s childhood favorite, so I have seen my fair share of Alice in the park, and this one just lit up the room. I videoed her entire time with the kids (all my pictures are stills from that video) and thank goodness I had sent it to Liz because I ended up losing all my videos from this day, but that one was preserved! She was adorable and sweet and both kids absolutely adored her! She spent quite a bit of time with us before moving on.

33987806240_1a6c2691a1_b.jpg

33561860763_359852d8e5_b.jpg

33561860613_23d44d193e_b.jpg

33987804820_c360b6f17c_b.jpg

Since L had finished eating (mostly) and had spent time with Alice, Tigger came back to see her before going around to the rest of the room.

33987804140_f119c3c698_b.jpg

33987803430_46f8a98b8f_b.jpg

He was followed by the Mad Hatter. A is too little to have seen the Alice in Wonderland movie, and knows Alice more from merchandise than anything else, so we had spent time in the car showing him the Mad Hatter scene of Alice in Wonderland to introduce him to the character. Even without A really understanding who he was Hatter was still great (I have a very big soft spot in my heart for the Mad Hatter, so I super enjoyed this guy).

33987802360_e290c02814_b.jpg

33987801590_a307e0a34e_b.jpg

After Hatter we had the last helping of food. T had gone up to grab some more fruit for the kids and had found gummy worms, so he brought over a fruit bowl full of them for us. This was not the last time we had dessert with breakfast! We were trying to stretch our time because we had seen Pooh Bear out in the back lobby taking pictures with people as they left and we wanted to get the kids’ picture with him but he had just gone back to the kitchen. Finally we just got up and figured we’d wait in the lobby. T and E took a cute family photo from the photopass guy of them in front of the backdrop then we waited for Pooh Bear.

34241471451_6286963d22_b.jpg

So, when Pooh had gone out to the kitchens L’s eyes had widened and we weren’t sure if it meant that she liked him or was scared of him. When she got to the front of the line we figured it out: she LOVED Pooh! She kept hugging him and as we were leaving she kept squirming around in E’s arms to look at him and wave to him. Sidenote: this was one of the best trips to go on because we got to see L hit the age where she obviously had favorite characters, which is awesome!

After that we set off, admiring the lobby a little more. T went to valet to get the car while we brought the kids over to the old cars out front to look at them. Once we got the kids settled in the car we headed off to our destination for the day: Hollywood Studios!

I had honestly forgotten it was even Easter!

Easter barely existed for me this year, lol!!

I LOOOVE all your Easter parade pictures. This is now on my list of Disney things I need to see!

But they had made Peter’s shadow

This is amazing.

I ended up getting the chicken breast nuggets and fish combo with french fries. It was okay, not the best, but it hit the spot.

Basically our same situation with CHC in December, which makes me sad. It was my overwhelming favorite for a long time, but I didn't even eat there last week.

We were also in there for a good 15 minutes, with A just playing around with Mickey and dancing.

Ah! That's awesome!! I'm glad they spent so much time with you guys.

A woke up as we were walking into the Contemporary, so we spent some time looking at the Easter eggs that were set up in the foyer then sat down on the couches near reception to wait for T’s parents.

These eggs are amazing!!

Lots of carbs, my favorite!

Mine too!! Long live carbs!!

Oh man guys, the character interactions were AMAZING for us!

You guys have had incredible luck with characters so far!! This looks so fun!

We left after Minnie came back with A’s chef hat signed by all the characters and the chefs.

What a clever thing to have signed!!

I'm going to look at my daily step-count

I'm going to do that in my TR this time too

We got distracted within the first 100 feet though, because Richard was out working so we stopped to talk with him and take a picture with him.

Oh, sweet! I've seen him before in passing, but it's always been so quick.

Renoir girl! Lorelai! Gilmore Girls!!

I love the eggs here at the Grand - Wow!!

Easter barely existed for me this year, lol!!

I LOOOVE all your Easter parade pictures. This is now on my list of Disney things I need to see!

This is amazing.

Basically our same situation with CHC in December, which makes me sad. It was my overwhelming favorite for a long time, but I didn't even eat there last week.

Ah! That's awesome!! I'm glad they spent so much time with you guys.

These eggs are amazing!!

Mine too!! Long live carbs!!

You guys have had incredible luck with characters so far!! This looks so fun!

What a clever thing to have signed!!

I'm going to do that in my TR this time too

Oh, sweet! I've seen him before in passing, but it's always been so quick.

Renoir girl! Lorelai! Gilmore Girls!!

I love the eggs here at the Grand - Wow!!

I LOVE the Easter parade and I didn't even know it existed! I was bummed about CHH because it used to be my go-to, but I think now Pinocchio's or BoG are. We had AMAZING character interactions (it continues!) all week! And yes, there will be more carbs lol.

THANK YOU FOR THE GILMORE GIRLS SHOUT OUT! All I could think of when I first saw it (and I was deep in a Gilmore Girls conversation while I wrote this update the night before last lol)

Hello there! What a special trip! Everything looks amazing for Easter! I have never been to Disney at Easter time so it is very nice to see the pics! The kids are adorable and it is so good to hear that they are having such wonderful interactions with the characters! It will be my DS first time (and technically my DD's 2nd but she wasn't even 2mo old for that trip!) so I am super excited to see there reactions in December. I can't wait to read more!

Your day at MK sounds wonderful! Totally like a Best Day Ever!
Your meal at Chef Mickey's sounds like fun with amazing character interaction. I went there a long time ago but I wasn't too keen on it after. They stuck us in a corner and it was hard to take pictures, and the food did not leave us feeling good. But it was a while ago so I should probably give them another chance.

The Easter eggs are gorgeous. I wish I could have seen them. They look amazing.
1900 Park Fare is so yummy. Your brunch looks really good! I'm glad your niece found out she loves Pooh!

Quick Update!

Hey guys, super quick update - I don't have time to answer your comments yet (hoping to do that once I get home from work tonight!) but I just wanted to let y'all know that I've started a PTR for my next trip: Everybody Loves A Little Surprise! An October PTR

Hope to catch you all over there while I stress over every minute detail because I'M BACK PLANNING MY OWN TRIP!

...also, I mean, I should probably do something about my poor, neglected DL PTR at some point. Anyone interested in that, it's But We're Ready to Go Already! (A Summer PTR). I got super distracted by this April trip that I kind of forgot about it. Oops.

You may be biased about the cuteness of the kids but I'm not and I have to say they are sooooooo CUTE!!!! ::yes:: The Chef Mickey outfit is awesome! We loved our breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and we were all adults. The character interaction was great even for us big people!

Hello there! What a special trip! Everything looks amazing for Easter! I have never been to Disney at Easter time so it is very nice to see the pics! The kids are adorable and it is so good to hear that they are having such wonderful interactions with the characters! It will be my DS first time (and technically my DD's 2nd but she wasn't even 2mo old for that trip!) so I am super excited to see there reactions in December. I can't wait to read more!

Hello! Doesn't everything look lovely for Easter? I love all the spring colors :) Thank you! I hope your kiddos have a great time on your trip!

Your day at MK sounds wonderful! Totally like a Best Day Ever!
Your meal at Chef Mickey's sounds like fun with amazing character interaction. I went there a long time ago but I wasn't too keen on it after. They stuck us in a corner and it was hard to take pictures, and the food did not leave us feeling good. But it was a while ago so I should probably give them another chance.

The Easter eggs are gorgeous. I wish I could have seen them. They look amazing.
1900 Park Fare is so yummy. Your brunch looks really good! I'm glad your niece found out she loves Pooh!

The last time I had been at Chef Mickey's was when I was 16. It seemed like it had stepped up its game, but I was definitely in it for the adorable character interactions than the characters lol.

I'm so glad the Easter eggs were still out - I was honestly worried that "Disney magic" would happen and they'd be gone Monday morning. It was definitely a great brunch! 1900 kept all the food super fresh, and the options were different, which was awesome! She found a couple other characters she loved too - let me just say this is a girl after my own heart!

You may be biased about the cuteness of the kids but I'm not and I have to say they are sooooooo CUTE!!!! ::yes:: The Chef Mickey outfit is awesome! We loved our breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and we were all adults. The character interaction was great even for us big people!

Awww, thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed 1900 Park Fare as well! I'm so glad I got to experience it with them!

Part Two (A)

This'll be split up into two parts because I had too many pictures. Whomp. So Part Two will be "Part A" and "Part B"

We drove from the Grand to Hollywood Studios fairly quickly. We got a spot in the middle of the lot and took the tram up to the front. We had FPs for the day but no real concrete plans. We weren’t really married to any of our plans so we were kind of going with the flow.

So, before we got too far into HS A and L had costume changes. We left A’s hat and vest in the car so he’d be cooler, and we found a bathroom and changed L into much cooler onesie so she wouldn’t be too hot.

Once we were inside we headed over to Disney Jr. We had FPs for the stage show, but before we went in E and I got in line with A for him to meet Jake.

Like I said in the last installment, I was videoing a lot this day and all my videos are gone. Apparently the Jake pictures never showed up on my Memory Maker even though I’m linked to T and E so just believe me - it was adorable.

By the time we got out of the line it was time for us to get into the FP line for the Disney Jr show so we all headed over there. We chatted with the family in front of us for a bit and told them where they’d want to sit to get a good view because they had never done it before. We sat in the back, near the middle.

I’m not a huge fan of the Disney Jr. theatre area. It just makes me feel super uncomfortable (I know how you wash your floors! Also, kids all day, so like, I get nervous) but I know how much the kids love it and really wanted to watch it with them.

While we were waiting I ended up with a lapful of L. She had climbed over to me and was playing with my hands and the girl next to us (probably about 12 or so herself) was playing with her too. So far it had been a good day for attitudes.

34241470501_8701501c5f_b.jpg

34241469861_e9d900d4fe_b.jpg

33561857713_83d824aabe_b.jpg

34241470901_8d69211138_b.jpg

We had also gotten a text during our wait for the show saying that Toy Story was down. That was everyone’s next FP. Except for me - I had planned so late that I couldn’t get one so I made a FP for Star Tours. By the time we got out of the show I offered to do a run over to Toy Story to see if it was up because there was WiFi trouble in the area we were in and T had to stay visible for E (who had done a bathroom run) could find us.

I ran down and the line was open again so I ran back to T since my text hadn’t gone through and told them it was up. I told them I’d meet up with them later and headed off myself. My plan was to stop at the little Guest Services counter at the top of Sunset Blvd then continue on my way to use my FP and meet up with everyone else a little afterwards.

I got to the Guest Services desk but had to make a quick stop at the shop across the street to get a gift card first. There was a very helpful, super nice young man from Brazil working the counter and I quickly got my shiny new AP!

34241469121_07254573b3_b.jpg

This exchange happened:

Him: “is this your first day using this ticket?”

Me: “uh, y-no! I used it yesterday.”

Him: “Oh well, Disney magic, you got an extra day!”

Obrigada, sir.

While I was there I got about a million text messages from J. Now, all this took maybe 5 minutes? So I thought something was wrong! It turned out the FP line was over 40 minutes so they never actually got into it - they just stepped in, asked the CM before they scanned their tickets, then stepped out again. They had instead gotten in line across the way to meet Woody and Buzz and had changed A into his Woody costume that he would live in if T and E let him. I didn’t want to miss this so I said I was on my way and if I could get to them in line I would.

34213928242_e7f9774f81_b.jpg

Everyone in the queue by the way? Super nice and understanding. I hate being that guy, and I also hate when people are rude and push through, and I didn’t want to, but when I said I needed to get to my niece and nephew everyone was super fine with it. A family that I passed realized I was with A and asked if they could get a picture of his outfit, but besides that, no fuss!

They had been in line for about ten minutes at that point, so it was another ten or so before we got into the room. Was A excited?

34213930942_9439a49767_b.jpg

Yes, yes he was.

This time I thankfully remembered that I could take photos AND video at the same time so that’s exactly what I did! I’m heartbroken I lost the video but I’m so glad I still have something to remember the encounter because it was wonderful and, well, I think the pictures speak for themselves!

34213930142_762bf8405c_b.jpg

34213929552_c0120a5bf8_b.jpg

34213929072_089d4070d7_b.jpg

34213928642_61fa5134cd_b.jpg

We stepped out to figure out what we wanted to do. The line was still a little l\ong for the FP line for Toy Story, so we made the decision that instead of staying for our third FP of the day we’d make a quick ADR for lunch at the Brown Derby for an hour from then. Then we saw the Green Army Men out and about so we got in line for A to meet them while he was still in his Woody outfit.

34213927352_36c93f3a30_b.jpg

34213926392_1fd40c750b_b.jpg

34241463401_275c4d8d21_b.jpg

34213924392_6f3dfb648e_b.jpg

After that we split up again - they got into the FP queue and I went on my way elsewhere. I had missed my FP (to be fair, meeting Woody, Buzz, and the Green Army Man with A dressed as Woody was completely worth it!) so I was going to go look around the Launch Bay and see what was around there. I also had texted J while we were waiting to see Buzz and Woody and told her that since I had to split up from them anyway I was going to pop into one of the stores to see if they had a little Pooh Bear for L since she had loved him so much that morning. I figured the best place to find a Pooh Bear toy would be one of the Sunset Blvd stores so I was about to head over there when I noticed the crowd setting up for the Storm Trooper march. There was room right up front for me to squeeze into easily without being right on top of the girl already there and she happily made room for me.

Warning: a million and a half Storm Trooper photos ahead.

34213923232_1e985549ec_b.jpg

34213921982_350716eb3c_b.jpg

34372285835_d16f472404_b.jpg

34372284795_dae67cbf48_b.jpg

34213918862_49451ae3b9_b.jpg

34372283605_e10f332d7b_b.jpg

34372282965_ee8127e2c8_b.jpg

34213916612_a7ec7a1a22_b.jpg

34213915842_b4752ff82e_b.jpg

34213915172_785a2baca8_b.jpg

34213914412_79b0d01cfc_b.jpg

34213913902_4b99fd39e4_b.jpg

34213913652_913987d6d5_b.jpg

34213913392_67a52baf38_b.jpg

34213913022_a7f77d0e99_b.jpg

34213912692_e4f625121c_b.jpg

34241447371_fd7df84f89_b.jpg

34241445931_629d09b44c_b.jpg

34213911662_206e72c326_b.jpg

Part Two (B)

After the Storm Troopers had marched away again I decided to head not to Sunset but towards the Launch Bay and check the stores in there to see if they had anything. The Disney Jr store had a perfect Pooh Bear so I bought it, managed to fit it into my backpack (don’t ask me how - he was seriously the SIZE of my Minnie bag) and set about looking around the Launch Bay. I wasn’t in there long when J texted me that they had finished up at Toy Story and were heading my way.

34213911322_bd033f2697_b.jpg

34213911132_78ed34ed27_b.jpg

I headed out and hung around outside the Brown Derby waiting for them, then popped over to watch the cheesy little Star Wars show they show on the stage every half hour. J joined me since she loves Star Wars too and we went a little picture crazy.

33987776560_a5158410c6_b.jpg

34213908352_976287aa92_b.jpg

34213907922_683070bb38_b.jpg

33530303264_788018143d_b.jpg

34241428741_df3eb8e12a_b.jpg

34241427741_a81e1553a6_b.jpg

33561831983_30f269fe27_b.jpg

33561831023_8bff7aaa1d_b.jpg

33561830383_cc8f8c26bd_b.jpg

34372273975_5c6f927951_b.jpg

34241423871_2433369ea1_b.jpg

34241423281_739b709e1d_b.jpg

34241422131_53e3b0c205_b.jpg

34241421681_26911f1ca8_b.jpg

34241420211_e965615644_b.jpg

Okay, I know this picture is blurry, but I thought it was cool because the logo itself is so sharp. Very movie poster like.

34241419571_2eb87ca7c2_b.jpg

34241419051_0e81f12a5d_b.jpg

34241418291_778cf095a9_b.jpg

34241417631_b6e8aeef8e_b.jpg

34241417081_0ea249e5d5_b.jpg

We said we’d be back in ten but we apparently were not so good with checking the time because T came over to make sure we wouldn’t miss dinner.

Once the show was finished we headed in for our late lunch at Brown Derby.

Once again, I am so glad you guys are having all of these great character interactions!

40 minutes is way too long to wait for a FP, glad it was easily changed.

Can't wait to read about your lunch at Brown Derby. I was not a fan, so I hope your experience was better than mine!

This'll be split up into two parts because I had too many pictures.

Haha, I saw your comment on mine - no such thing as too many picturessss!!

I quickly got my shiny new AP!

:dogdance::dogdance:

Those are too cute! I love his Woody outfit!!

Warning: a million and a half Storm Trooper photos ahead.

And that will be the same on my DHS day!!

I had a row to myself, which was great because I was able to stretch out and relax.

I love when that happens. It never happens on our Orlando flights though :rotfl:

Spoiler alert: I have never loved a bag more - it never got too heavy, I could use it as a purse or a backpack, and it held everything I needed it to (lipstick, mini sunblock, phone when I didn't have pockets, charger, wallet, sunglasses, poncho, notebook, and at one point I managed to get my camera in there!)

So I have the same bag but in black and red and I love it, but I didn't really like using it in the parks. It did fit more than a purse (I managed to get my tripod in there). But it felt weird when I was sweating to where something so close to my armpits and I felt like I was constantly taking it off to do things so I ended up carrying it in my hands which defeated the purpose. I was sad, but I ended up still preferring my crossbody purse.

Once again, I am so glad you guys are having all of these great character interactions!

40 minutes is way too long to wait for a FP, glad it was easily changed.

Can't wait to read about your lunch at Brown Derby. I was not a fan, so I hope your experience was better than mine!

I wish I had pictures from Jake because we have some great dancing pictures lol. Maybe once school gets out and this TR is winding down I'll put the videos together and make a (child heavy) vlog.

Oh, Brown Derby. It was...fun lol. You'll see next update!

Haha, I saw your comment on mine - no such thing as too many picturessss!!

:dogdance::dogdance:

Those are too cute! I love his Woody outfit!!

And that will be the same on my DHS day!!

Never too many pictures! Especially of Storm Troopers! (or Boba Fett if you're me lol my favorite is the one where he's pointing directly at me). T's mother made that Woody outfit and he adores it!

I love when that happens. It never happens on our Orlando flights though :rotfl:

So I have the same bag but in black and red and I love it, but I didn't really like using it in the parks. It did fit more than a purse (I managed to get my tripod in there). But it felt weird when I was sweating to where something so close to my armpits and I felt like I was constantly taking it off to do things so I ended up carrying it in my hands which defeated the purpose. I was sad, but I ended up still preferring my crossbody purse.

A full row to myself only ever happened once before on a Virgin Atlantic flight from London to Boston. It was the business flight and I was so happy to stretch out and sleep for six hours after leaving my flat at 4 am to get to London. It's like the best gift ever when it happens!

For me, the bag helps me minimize what I need because I'm an over packer lol. Also my shoulders are uneven so when I have my crossbody bag that I use all the time at home it begins to hurt in the parks after only a couple of hours. To each their own! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter