The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

I mean I love Bama football but I usually sell one big game a year to pay for my Fort addiction and it has happened already.
That's a great deal. If I only had something that people wanted to buy. I do have a bunch of useless car/racecar parts and a 19 year old that has an aversion to work. :D

Oh well. Looks like I'll stick to selling off vacation time. After 25 years, I get quite a bit and they still let my pay grade sell time. (unusual for most companies)

j

and a 19 year old that has an aversion to work.
I got one of them too..... :)

Right now I am selling off "Used" Vintage bathroom tiles as I am slowly working on a remodel of one of the bathrooms. $1 each for 4" seafoam green tiles (actually 4 3/8" x 4 3/8"). eBay is killing me with fees though.

That same 19yo asked my why I am selling these used tiles.... I said because "People are buying them." She asked me why. I said, "I don't care... as long as they keep buying them" :D

Although at $1 each (less ebay fees, then Paypal fees) I have to sell a lot of them to pay for the trip. At this rate, I guess the trip won't be paid for, for about 10+ years. :(

You're the one selling the tiles!?

I just forked out enough money in the last two months to of paid for a 10 day stay at FW. I spent it on beauty pageants, stage fees, and dance costumes.

Well, I guess it's back to work...

I surely wish you had paid it to me... :-) Apparently someone intercepted it in the middle 'cause I still have to fork out a lot of money I don't have for our next trip. (Which sadly is not at the Fort. DW wants to try AoA)

My grandmother, who is 91 has recently been moved in with my mother and father due to her not being able to care for herself. Her yard and surrounding sheds are like Wild Kingdom. She has plants everywhere and hundreds of bird feeders. In one of her sheds I found it to be packed with assorted junk. This woman never threw anything away.

So my mom has me to clean the shed out. After two days and 4 truckloads of stuff to the dump I found in the back of the shed, still in the box, this Coleman stove
IMAG1004.jpg

Also, still in box and unused was an ice cream maker
IMAG1003.jpg

There was also an 8 man tent, two 10x10 ease ups, a battery Coleman lantern, and two still in the wrapper kerosine lanterns made to look like old railroad lights.

Can't wait to see what I find in the greenhouse...

Happy Ester everyone . For those who need reminding and you know who you are A Rabbit Raisins are not a good substitute in Oatmeal Cookies B Don't confuse those same Rabbit Raisins for odd colored Jelly Beans

Happy Ester everyone . For those who need reminding and you know who you are A Rabbit Raisins are not a good substitute in Oatmeal Cookies B Don't confuse those same Rabbit Raisins for odd colored Jelly Beans
I saw the movie HOP (Okay... I know... US not WD), they WERE Jelly Beans...

:D

Spring has sprung in VT. Mud season is over. Was able to get out and do yard work this morning and we are going to BBQ burgers and dogs in a few minutes with some home made macaroni salad. We are what feels like a long ways away from being at the Fort again, but I was able to make our dinning reservations today. As of right now we have 8 dinner and 2 breakfast ressie's planned. The rest of the breakfast ressie's will be walk-ups.

The wife forwarded this to me and knew it belonged here
htpps:/twitter.com/Forever-Lucid/status/858838338521968641?s=13

Happy Fathers Day

And the same to everyone here.

My daddy left this world three weeks ago, this Friday. I spent the last few days at his bedside, doing my best to give any kind of comfort I could. It never felt like enough, but I hope that in some way, it was a blessing for him.

My dad was one of the best ever. He gave me a love early on for good music----Nat King Cole, Bobby Vinton, Rod McKuen, Johnny Mathis, Roger Miller and many others. I also remember many hours spent listening to those old Justin Wilson albums that daddy loved, and which made us all laugh. My dad's people were Cajun from south Louisiana, and he had cousins who could tell tales which could rival ole Mr. Wilson's!

My dad was the best dad on my block, growing up. He instilled in me a love for camping, water skiing, sailing and in general a love of nature. He had more patience than anyone I know. He loved to invite other families on our camping trips. His motto was, the more the merrier---and it was merrier. I remember good times spent around the campfire playing the Prince of Paris (Who sir, me sir?), What Did Delaware, boys?, and also lots of games of spoons. We took turns turning the crank on the ice cream churn, and everyone waited in suspense for that first peek at the yummy cream.

My dad loved so much to be outside in nature and with good friends to share it. I've seen him spend many hours teaching others to water ski, looping the boat back around after a failed attempt of the skier. He never ran out of patience, but rejoiced in seeing someone discover the excitement in being up on skis. So many people know how to water ski, thanks to my dad.

He was the dad who never said "no" when the neighborhood kids and I wanted to go to the in-n-out store for some penny candy. He would wait patiently outside in the car as all of us kids hemmed and hawed over the variety of candy in the store. Never once did he hurry us along, but he let us finish spending our fistful of change, then drove us back home.

I must edit, as I would be remiss not to mention my first trip to WDW. Daddy took mom and I camping in our pop-up to Fort Wilderness, the first summer it was open. I immediately fell in love with the Fort, though it would be many years before I was able to return. But I will never forget that first time, and the simplicity and beauty of the Fort, thanks to my dad.

Later on, as I grew older, daddy discovered a new-found love of sailing. He included me in that new affection for the open water, with the sails full of wind. I remember many sailboat races, and also many days just spent anchored out so that everyone could swim. Daddy loved to make other people happy and show them a good time.

So here's to you, dad. I love you and will always miss you. I hope you're sailing away on that cool breeze from the ocean, just as you always wanted....

Last edited:
Thanks Mike.

And thank you Maxine for sharing. He sounds like a great kind of dad.

j

Sorry for the double post, but I didn't want to step on the Father's Day topic.

We went to the lake yesterday to see my dad and made a stop at the outlet mall. All I have to day is Disney and Coach is a dangerous combination, but we are set for our September WDW trip now.

20170618_095733-2124x1195.jpg
j

Well as some of y'all know I'm a boat captain and run a offshore oilboat off the coast of Louisiana, and I got caught offshore in TS Cindy.

Screenshot_20170621-105400_zps9xposrij.png

It was like riding Pirates of the Caribbean mixed in with Splash Mountain and a little bit of Rocking Roller Coaster all at the same time for 15 hours straight. And I didn't even need a fastpass.

Well as some of y'all know I'm a boat captain and run a offshore oilboat off the coast of Louisiana, and I got caught offshore in TS Cindy.

Screenshot_20170621-105400_zps9xposrij.png

It was like riding Pirates of the Caribbean mixed in with Splash Mountain and a little bit of Rocking Roller Coaster all at the same time for 15 hours straight. And I didn't even need a fastpass.

I saw the video (not appropriate for children. Not Randy's fault though). Those waves were impressive.

Then there was Randy behind the wheel...
rrFtapwhbTHlv14lpbcwSWP_3Y6FStev7q8Hjptk2Z4.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!