The DIS Needs More Non-Local Input

I think that's an excellent idea.

I actually love everything the team is bringing to the podcast and YouTube channels. Really just stepping up their game more and more. Loving it.

I think another addition where they did a regular monthly segment where they had a family review their recent trip experience.

It would be fun to have multiple types of families sharing their story's.

So maybe a first time family. A multi trio family. A family with old kids. Young kids. A multigenerational family trio report.

They had a very popular diser come on to share her experience with the college program and it was great.

Articles are good and we do get some of that perspective from the trip report forums.

But would be fun to get somebody who shared their experience on the podcast where the team also asked other questions.

Maybe even have a first timer come on during the planning phase and then again after the trip.

Lots of different possibilities. Just don't know if the tech is consistent enough to allow for a seamless video skype discussion.

In any event. Even if none of this happens, I've said this many times already but, great job again to the entire team. Loving the content.

I've been on and off the boards for years and I've been watching the videos for a few months now, even binge watching old episodes and I don't find the team to be jaded. In fact, they tend to love some of the smaller and simpler things like People Mover (which my daughter and have decided will be my granddaughter's first ride), Carousel of Progress, and Small World (which my daughter won't ride any longer due to an unfortunate incident where we were stuck for a prolonged time). They expect value, service, and things to generally meet the standards that Disney set for themselves. I appreciate it when they let me know whether things are up to par or not. They are also good to point out that they are giving their opinions on things and that people should decide for themselves. For me, they have a good balance of in & out of studio stuff, with the between-trip updates and news I'm looking for.

I can get DISers' opinions on the boards (we are an opinionated group). And if I want to see some random family, I can search YouTube... there are a LOT out there.

I understand you were specifically referring to the podcasts about the non-local perspective, but there are other DIS options. DISboards offers a plethora of information on everything you can think of plus info you weren't even aware to ask about. If you don't want to sift through thousands of posts on there, the articles often feature non-local authors giving information on a variety of topics and experiences. I've had the pleasure of writing several. Some were to simply satisfy my sarcastic side, but others focused on a specific topic. They are here: https://goo.gl/HBmpS5

Several posters suggested the DIS team pull other guests from the parks for interviews but Disney won't allow this. Can you imagine how many vloggers would be approaching guests each day?! I've listened to other podcasts that feature phone interviews with first-timers and they have some interesting content but it definitely affects the quality of the show. Not everyone has the gift of being clear and concise.

The Disneyland edition has done an excellent job in the past with their shows where they help people plan the trip and then invite them back to discuss how it went. They were able to keep the guests on track with useful and entertaining content.

Hope you find the content you are looking for!

Several posters suggested the DIS team pull other guests from the parks for interviews but Disney won't allow this. Can you imagine how many vloggers would be approaching guests each day?! I've listened to other podcasts that feature phone interviews with first-timers and they have some interesting content but it definitely affects the quality of the show. Not everyone has the gift of being clear and concise.

Yeah, doing that is one easy way to get yourself kicked out of the park. An alternative would be to have meet-ups like WDW Radio has. The team could meet up with Dis-ers and film a vlog. It doesn't have to be live, so they can edit it for content.

A periscoper that I follow went on a rant the other day about how people are always trying to beat the lines and that there's nothing wrong with waiting in line.. I wanted to yell at him that we can't go every week like he does. It does effect your perspective on things.

I love Steve's "in the park" segments because first and foremost we are all WDW fans, that is why we all watch. The Best and Worst episodes are my favorite. Does anyone else talk back to their computer to agree or disagree?

Ryno does an excellent job with the food Vlog's, which I can assume need some serious editing, so I think he would be able to handle a video edit of an interview with a first timer quite well. Maybe some of the DU agents can reach out to their clients and get a volunteer for a before and after video? Maybe meet them in the resort? I would enjoy that.

It is a weird balance, because while a lot of the big podcasts are Orlando based and definitely sometimes feel like a 'local' perspective, the other podcasts out there that aren't Orlando sometimes feel like they're disconnected, out of the loop, or aren't really able to provide the same type of information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter