The Daily Grind - 9/7/17

rlovew

DIS Veteran
Good Morning!

It took hours longer than normal but we made it to Melbourne yesterday. I haven't heard from Brittany since we left but as of the last time we talked with her she and her boyfriend's family were staying in their fourth ( top) floor apartment about 500 feet from the Atlantic Ocean. We but up everything we could in many plastic crates. Put up the shutters we had and secured the house as much as possible before leaving.

Today:
Put up shutters at mom
Help brother finish with plywood
Pack up the one car we are taking to NC
Get on the road to NC

Larry has been looking at side roads for 95 and we anticipate the possibility of moving to some of those as we travel both for gas and drivability if the roads are as bad as today. My brother is joining us at Mom's today and going to NC with us so we will have 3 drivers if we need to change off as we head up.

My sister and her family with 5 children are deciding if they are going to join us in NC, join another brother and his family here at moms, or stay in a battened down house in Western Miami Dade.

I hope Becky stays safe and has good travels.

The highways have been busy, lots of people are evacuating. Most people I know in the keys were leaving Monday and Tuesday, well before the evacuation orders.

Rebecca

Good morning!

Continued prayers Rebecca for you all. Sorry Brittany decided to stay, extra prayers for them!! Safe travels.

Becky safe travels and prayers!

Hi Nan and Chae

Pack lunch
Megan up and out

Enjoy a lazy morning
Birthday pedi for me!
Pick up a few groceries
Not sure what else at this point

Might take Megan to walk in, she smushed her pinkie a couple days ago and still hurts a lot

Bank
Dinner out with my girl

Homework
ACT

Have a wonderful day!

Morning!

rlovew- WOW!
P2000 & rlovew- praying for you and yours!!
m2mrb- have a magical birthday!
Hi PN96!

Today
Had coffee with friends
Laundry
& vacuum thru
Need a haircut
Still haven't ordered photos:(
Supper- BLTs & potato soup

Continued prayers!

Rebecca -- I'm so sorry B decided to stay behind and will continue to send prayers to you and the family.. The highways seem to be packed so please be very careful. It took Becky 6 hours to get to Orlando and usually doesn't take that long. I'm glad to see everyone taking these warnings/requests to evacuate seriously.

Becky -- continued safe travels...

Lisa -- Happy Birthday!

Chae -- hope all is well.. How are you liking these cool mornings??

Today:

send those out of the house who need to be elsewhere
work on a discussion post
review for test this weekend
pull clothes for staying at mom's next week for a day or two
make 2 pots of chili (freezing them)
make list of store items
grocery run

I hope all have a great day!

Just updating on us. We left mom's about 1:15 with both houses there shuttered. We just got to ga. Between yesterday and today it took us 15 hours to leave FL. It normally takes 8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts