The "box" arrived...

Our box arrived today at 28 days prior to departure. I am glad that I had read on here about the changes to the contents as compared with previous years or I would have been horribly disappointed. My other half was saying, "Wait. You mean there's not even a pen in there?" (He loves the ABD writing pens.)

In all fairness, I love the luggage tags. And I will use the cosmetic bag. I think the box itself (the actual cardboard mailing box) looked a little droopy compared to previous years when it looked like a suitcase or had a brighter logo on it. But that's just me. I am just thrilled to be going on another ABD!

I'm 33 days out and waiting this will be my first abd but reading about the previous boxes makes me sad. I was told it's amazing and quite a step up from any other Disney welcome package

Well that's a bummer! I'd heard they'd stopped the backpacks for safety reasons (no need to draw attention to a group of Americans) which was smart. But the box definitely sets the tone for the trip before you leave home. I hope they listen to guest feedback and up the quality a bit.

Well that's a bummer! I'd heard they'd stopped the backpacks for safety reasons (no need to draw attention to a group of Americans) which was smart. But the box definitely sets the tone for the trip before you leave home. I hope they listen to guest feedback and up the quality a bit.

Not sure that this is the reason for no backpacks, as the other items all say "Disney". The "safety issue" was for the "paddle of power". It used to read "Adventures by Disney", now it is just the sun/star burst.
:wave:

Wow! Glad I'm not travelling with them anymore. For our February 2017 trip Nat Geo sent us 2 canvas "National Geographic Adventures" hats, one for each of us, 2 sturdy "National Geographic Adventures" luggage tags, 2 luggage straps, 1 document holder and one "Lonely Planet" guide book for our destination. Also, our Nat Geo guide wore her "National Geographic" logo'd polo shirt every day of the trip with the logo prominently displayed.

And our 2018 "box" will contain the same stuff, except it will say "Expeditions" instead of "Adventures".

If anyone is interested, I have a blue and gold ABD document holder, backpack and laundry bag. They are from the 2016 ABD box. Brand new, never used. Message me if interested.

Hello there. I just found this post after being disappointed with our gift box this summer. If it's not too late, I am interested in your backpack from 2016. Is it still available?

Wow! Glad I'm not travelling with them anymore. For our February 2017 trip Nat Geo sent us 2 canvas "National Geographic Adventures" hats, one for each of us, 2 sturdy "National Geographic Adventures" luggage tags, 2 luggage straps, 1 document holder and one "Lonely Planet" guide book for our destination. Also, our Nat Geo guide wore her "National Geographic" logo'd polo shirt every day of the trip with the logo prominently displayed.

And our 2018 "box" will contain the same stuff, except it will say "Expeditions" instead of "Adventures".

If anyone is interested, I have a blue and gold ABD document holder, backpack and laundry bag. They are from the 2016 ABD box. Brand new, never used. Message me if interested.

Yes! Interested in backpack!

Not sure that this is the reason for no backpacks, as the other items all say "Disney". The "safety issue" was for the "paddle of power". It used to read "Adventures by Disney", now it is just the sun/star burst.
:wave:
Actually, in China, we had 2 paddles of power, and one of them did say Adventures by Disney on it. I think that may just be a Europe thing. :(

Sayhello

DSCN0642.jpg

Box arrived today for our Backstage Magic trip on 10/8. Contents were pretty paltry as has been reported. Got two luggage tags and a cinch bag (a nice cinch bag, but a cinch bag nonetheless). Oh well. At least we can read the booklet a bunch of times in the next 31 days!

This may have been posted further up....has anyone received a box for a Rhine River cruise this year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!