The am I mad trip - last day.

emanlu

Mouseketeer
This was our last day in the park so again I was up early again and finished packing before waking the girls and getting them dressed and down for breakfast then back up and we met Minnie.

DISNEYAPRIL08441.jpg

We left our bags at the left luggage and checked out of the hotel – we were also lazy and took the bus to the park today which the girls enjoyed. It was about 9.30am before we made it in today. Onto the bus down Main Street again this time we sat up front with the driver.

DISNEYAPRIL08457.jpg

We did the normal morning tour of the Carousel, Dumbo and the teacups. We had a bit of an upset in the queue for Dumbo as Anna lost her Minnie ears but I managed to get them back of the people who had picked them up. Then headed of to Buzz but we only managed one go before the queue was building up so we fastpassed for later and then sat down and enjoyed the sun for a while. We did some more shopping and then did Buzz before going to the Lion King show – DD2 protested bitterly about not wanting to go but when we got into the show she fell asleep – how she managed to sleep through the whole thing I have no idea – the show was fab and I am looking forward to seeing it again when we go back. Then it was on to the Carousel and teacups again before going on Casey Junior and the Storybook Boats, we also did Alices Labyrinth. We saw the character Express a couple of times throughout the day and the girls enjoyed meeting the Toy Story Characters.

DISNEYAPRIL08527.jpg
DISNEYAPRIL08529.jpg

I think this is my favourite pic as this was about the third time the girls had met Jessie today and they were good and stood and waited and didn’t push or shove like other kids.

DISNEYAPRIL08531.jpg

We went and staked our place for the parade early opposite Belle Notte as we wanted to be where the princess get off and dance.

DISNEYAPRIL08587.jpg

DISNEYAPRIL08595.jpg

After the parade we managed to cut across the front of Plaza Gardens and then go up the arcade in time to see the parade again at Town Square. This was a nice end to our time in the parks and then it was off to McDonalds for something speedy to eat. We collected our bags and then we went out to wait for the bus – I had planned on getting the airport shuttle at 6pm but one turned up about 5 mins after we went outside so we got it. Our return trip home didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked, we had problems with the VEA, then someone took one of our Disney bags at security (when they made me take my boots off) luckily I got it back, our flight was delayed by an hour and when we landed in Belfast I couldn’t get DD1 woken up (she only fell asleep about 10 mins before we landed) so we ended up being last of the plane – I had to carry DD1 to the door while one of the air hostess brought our bags. The cold air woke her, but I had to get her down the steps of the plane and then up the steps and along from the gate to passport control – clearing here took nearly an hour and there was only our flight to deal with. We eventually got down to the baggage carousel to find our bag looking very lonely going round on its own, DH and DS were waiting outside to pick us up. We finally got home just after 1am.

I was surprised at how much we enjoyed ourselves as I had been so worried about going on my own with them, but as soon as we came back I was planning to go again! So yes I was mad to go on my own but it is do-able.

The Disney bug has bitten and from we returned from that trip I have been making plans to go back. They easyJet sale gave me an excuse to book flights and we have roped my mum into going with us in November.

Realised that I have started with the last day :headache:

Well done for taking the girls on your own. Sounds like you had a great time :goodvibes

Great trip report :thumbsup2

I think you did a great job going it alone with 2 kids on your first trip!!!

'Tis true though, that once the disney bug bites, there is no way back!:rotfl:

great reports

and wow your doing it again ,

i havent even been on my 1st trip yet , am wishing it was now instead of 6 weeks lol

wow..well first of all a round of applause for taking them both on your own! you brave woman! looks like you had a great time! love the pics

Sounds liek you had a wonderful trip and the fact that you have booked again show that you must have coped really well on your own although I do think you were mad to try!! I don't think I'd manage Kacee on my own, however the wife wouldn't let me try if I wanted to!!

what a lovely trip. well done for taking the two of them on you own

Great report. I enjoyed rading about it. Thanks for sharing:goodvibes

Great trip report - thanks for sharing :goodvibes

Not long until your next trip :thumbsup2

I love that guy on the float, the one that makes his eyeballs go huge!:rotfl: He's on at the start of the lion king show eh?

Thank you so much for sharing your holiday with us!!:thumbsup2

Another lovely trip report - your girls are adorable - and they did brilliantly lasting until so late in the evening. By 9.30 I'm flagging every night!

I have just read all your reports & enjoyed hearing all about it & looking at your photos. Your girls are lovely & you were very brave to go on your own. I have to admire their stamina & yours! in fitting so much into every day. Have a lovely time when you go back again. Are you taking your son with you next time?

A lovely report - thanks for sharing :goodvibes

DD2 was certainly getting into the swing of the photos by day 4 :thumbsup2

You may be mad but you all enjoyed it!!!

Very brave of you and Well done!:thumbsup2

I half expected you to say your DH and DS would be joining you next time having seen your pics... But your Mum will be brilliant :) Your girls sound like they were angels - really pleased it went so well.

Awww - lovely ending...and not long until you go again. I just hope you get to try POTC next time (my favourite).

Hi....I really enjoyed your trip reports and lovely pics......glad you had fun and good for you going on your own, I have 5 year old twins and not sure I could do that!

I've really enjoyed reading your reports. Well done on being brave enough to go it alone :goodvibes

What a lovely trip report, I don't think you're mad at all, I think you're a great mum what a lovely memory you've given your little princesses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter