ABCs of A Trip Worth Waiting For + PNWMM: P: A Practically Perfect Pacific NW Mouse Meet- pg. 26

Vacations deserve good food.

Truer words have not been spoken.

It wasn’t just your average run-of-the-mill diner food, but wow, nom-noms, yummy-real-restaurant food, like this:

IMG_4010.jpg

This looks delish!

We laughed and caught up, then ended with promises to visit again when I’m through the area next.

Sounds like a great visit. Can't ask for more, good food and good company.

The night before, just as I watched Alison pull away after dropping me off, I realized that, for the FREAKING 3RD TIME, I had left my camera behind. Yep, my obviously very unimportant $1,500 piece of equipment that I may as well just throw in the trash <hugest, most gigantic eye roll ever inserted here> was driving away in the Fran and AJ Mobile.

Oh No! Not again? At least this time it was with friends.

While winding my way along, I kept running into these, starting way back at $ixbucks.

IMG_4015.jpg

An Easter Egg Hunt!

This was handed to me 5 minutes later:

IMG_4037%20-%20Copy.jpg

Yum. Very cool cup.

Before my Tiki came:

IMG_4029%20-%20Copy.jpg

After:

IMG_4033%20-%20Copy.jpg

This reminds me of the Tikki Room attraction.

Stay tuned for more Solo at Sam’s, followed by Sam’s-Induced DISMeet Ridiculousness.

Sounds like fun, can't wait to hear all about it.

Hi
I am sure I seen the Tiki mug with cherry fizz as the contents in a recent post in your other ongoing report. Are the trader Sams identical to each other .Do they charge the same price for the food and drinks. (one in Disneyland hotel and one in Disney world Polynesian hotel ). The one tiki that I have seen come to life was in the movie A night at the museum and it was from easter island and liked Gum Gum. At least your camera was in safe hands this time when it went walk about again.Enjoyed reading the update.

Helloooo! I'm actually caught up! I can't believe it. Well, I am caught up here.

Your breakfast looks scrumptious. Sitting outside in a Summery tropical environment sounds divine! So fun you got to catch up with your cousins.
Having time to just wander and look around sounds pretty great, especially when fueled by Sixbucks.
Trader Sam's is so fun! We had drinks there at Christmas with Jim's relatives. I have the very same tikicup! It was a pretty busy evening, and it was fun to see all the craziness thst ensued when different drinks were ordered. Funny to see the look on people's faces if they had just walked in and weren't "in the know." :rotfl2:

Stay tuned for more Solo at Sam’s, followed by Sam’s-Induced DISMeet Ridiculousness.

Can't wait :) But I have had a similar experience lately when being ID'd at the Olive Garden...Half flattered and half was like "I'm old enough to be the mom of a 21 year old child and not have been a teen mom" lol. She didn't get it and was all, yes ma'am let's see your ID lol

Lunch was a smash hit. Well, at least in my book.

Mine too!

The food was delicious, even with the inventive and creative takes on old dishes of the escargot and “French Onion Soup”.

I had never seen soup presented like that before.
I was quite impressed.

If you know me at all, you’ll realize that if there is ANY chance of watching a live music performance, I’mma gonna take it.

Well, I know now.
That would also explain how you came to be listening to the music when Kay and I came upon you. :)

They sort of, you know, tickle my fancy.

I beg your pardon?!?!?!

Given the chance, I’ll also stop for this guy, 100% of the time.

::yes:: Yes! Absolutely! Love that!

We rode and enjoyed it just as much as ever. Yes, we did yell out, "We wants the Red Head!" If they change that scene, I will be one of the sorely disappointed!

:sad2: Tragic.

Some things just never get old. Except the wet pants afterwards. If someone in our family says they have IBS, they aren’t talking about cramping or the need for Lomtil. They’re talking about having Itchy Butt Syndrome- an affliction that should be added to the Handbook of Effective Torture Methods.

:laughing:

Waterboarding has NOTHING on post Wet-Disney-Ride IBS.

Are you sure? Have you had both? Or just IBS?

Seriously, walking down Main Street scratching one’s backside all nonchalant-like is funny… when it’s someone else. “Hey Mom, why is that lady itching her rear end?” “Oh, Little Johny, she just rode Splash Mountain or Pirates, and will now be uncomfortable for hours. And cold”

That's our Steppe. Always the lady. Staggering down Main St. scratching at her bum.

Yes, I was rather chilly, so ended up buying yet another $485 sweatshirt. Those are the only kind they sell in the Emporium.

Why do you think you get IBS in the first place? It's so they can sell those!

It’s called Vacation Weight Gain Denial and can only be diagnosed about a week after one gets home. Your co-workers will say, “You look so tan!” Don’t be deceived. What they really mean is, “You look so FAT!”

:laughing:

My brand spanking new sweatshirt only helped a teensy bit

I noticed that. I could tell you were cold. Unfortunately, I didn't have a jacket or anything to share.

so naturally I had to find more food. (Just to make sure the sweatshirt would absolutely NOT fit when I got home.)

I highly doubt that.

And just to make sure I don't come across as too snooty to sink to the delicious lows of a corndog with mustard. So, I found The Little Red Wagon. And bought two.

So disappointed. This was on my "absolutely must do" list.
Actually it was right near the very, very top of that list.

But...

The line for the Little Red Wagon was surprisingly short

Yeah... later? Not so much.

Hey, Lady, I’ll trade you a corn dog for an invitation to The Club! :rolleyes:

Can I have one?

A corn dog, I mean.
Pretty sure Fran can't get us in the club again. Unless we happen upon their friend again.
Hmmm... maybe I should try to make friends there too... hmmmm....

To Infinity and Beyond!

IMG_9784.jpg

:lmao: You nut!!

After not too long, a friend of Alison’s found us and it was GREAT meeting and getting to know Bret a little bit (@mvf-m11c ).

Ah! I have seen that person around before, I believe. :)

Ponzi and Kay found us "just in the nick of time", as Alison put it in her TR chapter for this day, and we all enjoyed the MSEP.

Actually, no not quite.
We got there while you were chatting with Bret, but I didn't want to interrupt a private conversation so I stayed back.

I have no idea why I just couldn’t get my settings right AT ALL

Because it's a hard parade to shoot.

I got a little misted up when the Baroque Hoedown started up, and was glad for the darkness to hide my ridiculous grin reaching from ear to ear. How old ARE you, anyway, Steppe?

Well.... actually... I noticed that bit of misty-ness. And gave you your space and time to yourself.

The Salute to America was given and then it was time to wait on the start of the Fireworks. I’m sure it has a name, but I’m too lazy to look it up. Sue me.

It does! It's called "Fireworks".

During the hiatus, there were several announcements made that there was a chance that the Fireworks show would be cancelled due to high winds. Well, duh! My goosebumps were ample proof that it was windy and chilly.

They used you as their barometer.

Yeah, it was a bummer (my IBS was NOT abating),

:rotfl:

And it was beautiful. And unique. And decidedly skewed to the left. (Hmmmm?)

Yes. To all of that.

Enjoy the shots I did get:

You got some really good ones! While you may have had trouble with MSEP, you certainly didn't have any problems here!

About halfway through, they abruptly stopped

Was it? About halfway? I was under the impression that it wasn't too far from the end.
I really don't know.

Ah well. A nice hot shower, and my nice clean sheets were sounding quite inviting right about then anyway, and I was becoming anxious to get back to my hotel room for some downtime.

Awww.... it had been a very long day for you, what with being late and cold. Glad you had a ride back. :)

Plus @pkondz needs room to sashay. Lots going on here.

No sashaying done that day. I was lucky to move at all! Talk about crowded!

No, actually, that's an invitation to talk about "crowded"...

Hey, you guys scrub up pretty well! Not much you can do with the one in the middle, I understand.

Yup. That one's a total loss.

I don't think they do these things in guys' bathrooms.

But they did have an automatic shoe shiner there! and mints and dental pics and a few other things that I don't remember. Some rolled up towels that I couldn't figure out what they were. (No. Not the hand towels.)

NOW is the time to do It's a Small World!

:laughing: ::yes::

Did you know it's impossible to play a sad song on the banjo?

How about the tune from Deliverance? Ask Ned Beatty.

I understand the reasoning for the change, but I still come down on the side of preferring to preserve the ride. My favorite commentary I read on the subject:

"Now at the end of the ride, the pirates will plant trees and participate in a recycling program." :rotfl2:

:lmao:

The lasagna Meet will have to be commented on by the consumer. I cannot judge my own lasagna. Only the company which was,.... well, you've met him and know just as well as I do... pretty fabulous!

Oh? You had another DISmeet while you were there? That's nice. :)

No, you didn't!! Would you care to take a moment to share this momentous occasion with my dear readers? (and me? I can already tell it's going to be a good one!)

Then when you're done, I'll tell you about how Andrew made a funny slip like that at his wedding.

Not much to say.
So, someone makes a speech. Possibly the best man or maid of honour. I don't remember now. But I do remember standing up.... in the middle of the head table. 150 or so pairs of eyes focus on me. I begin to speak, and mid-way through a sentence, a dramatically sweep my hand and.... knock my wine glass flying. I do remember hearing one of my cousins (Not coincidentally, my least favourite) laughing at me.

Your turn.

Yes, I only need 3. So with the extra 2, I'll clean the bathroom.

You're welcome.

Nah. I'll just use the McDonalds one before I come over.

You're welcome.

Hmmm..... sorry, no photos whatsoever. I do remember thinking, "Ummm, is that all?!"

Maybe a fruit cup? I remember not wanting much that morning.

Ah.

(It's been so long now, I have no idea what we were even talking about.)

Nor I! :laughing:

You snooze, you lose.

I would've insisted you take it anyway.

I love them too. Not often, but sometimes. Especially in pasta or chowder!

I assume this was on your trip?

Yes it was. Not too long after I had dinner with you, actually.

I'm glad you could experience it too! Very fun treat!

::yes::

Oopsies! Just yesterday I spilled my entire LARGE water all over Starbucks.

I didn't stop there.

I also spilled (just a little and not enough to really burn her) some hot coffee on my barista's hand 15 minutes later.

So, peeing and spilling. All in a day's work.

Good grief! People need to start walking around you wearing haz-mat suits.

Summertime crowds. They suck.

I didn't know California considered March summertime! Nobody warned me!

I also have been known to sway with the Dapper Dans, dance a bit with the Jazz Groups, and tap my foot with the marching band. It's how I roll.

It's how you roll?
Well, there's your problem.
It should be how you dance.

Fine, Mr. French Guy.

LE Salon Nouveau.

At least mine was 2/3 more accurate than "lounge that was beside the restaurant". :lmao:

But it's more descriptive! You could find it without a map, that way.

With THAT Avatar looking leg of mine?! No! Best to stay BEHIND someone! (What the heck?!!?)

I think maybe.... shadows? Probably from me. I'll move next time.

A flip of some sort, since it had egg whites.

solved! See Alison's TR.

When I said animated I meant in the sense that it moved. Or rather played the music. Not as in cartoon... but yes... it was a clarinet. :)

Ah. Sorry.

Goes back to his hole in the ground and shuts the heck up.

Well, that doesn't sound good...:scared:

Quite the opposite, actually.

Her face was worth a million bucks! What a great reaction!

::yes::

I think Alison did too! It was very tasty! Just excellent; nicely seared, and flavorful and flaky on the inside.

Yes, she did.

I usually try to avoid the parks at all costs in the summer. I was swiftly reminded why.

I told you! No one said March was summer in California. Where I'm from, it's called "The part of winter that you give up hope on life."

Vacation also happens to be for sleeping in. Unless you’re at Disney, and then well… then there is no such thing.

Correct... and yet.... someone, who shall remain nameless but happens to author this TR, told me I needed to slow down at Disney.... Hmmm.....

It wasn't a DISMeet, it was my mom’s cousin. Carol and her husband contacted me very soon after I announced I’d be in SoCal, and I was thrilled I could have a nice brekkie with them. They are unbelievably gracious people, and agreed to make the drive from Burbank to Anaheim to meet up.

Nice! Glad you were able to see them.
You saw lots of family, this trip!

I’d, as you know, already turned in my camera-swallowing rental

Uh, huh.

I do believe that any wheeled conveyance is Liesa's camera swallowing.

We chose to try the outdoor restaurant at the Anabella Hotel where I was staying called the Tangierine Café. And holy cow am I glad we did! It was fabulous.

Shoot. Wish I'd known. Could've had breakfast with Betsey there instead.
Oh, well.
And can't ever again.

:sad2:

Yum!
(Except... take those green things out from the Bennies. And... that doesn't look like back bacon under there either.)

I hadn’t had Eggs Benedict in forever, but am a bona fide lover about once a year or so.

My condolences. You should try to do that just a bit more often.

Well, you know… of Eggs Benedict. Otherwise that just sounds…. awkward.

Oh!

Well... you should try to do that a bit more often too.

And I’m here to tell you, it’s the Hollandaise that either makes for breaks this dish.

Not quite. The sauce is a huge part, for sure. But if the eggs are over done, then the whole thing fails too.

This particular sauce was spot on, just perfectly lemony, a hint of spicy, and creamy and velvety. The eggs were poached to divine doneness too.

mmmm.....

I wished I’d had someone there to have split it with me.

I was gonna say "Me! Pick me!" but.... I'd get my own! I love 'em too much to just want one!

Now, where was I? Oh yes, breakfast with cousins. Conversation was delightful and we reminisced as family tends to do when they have gone years between seeing one another. Christmases past, Great Aunt Louise, Grandma’s peach tree and roses, and Disney were all topics of discussion. It was great as always to hear about how she and my mom and aunt would run all over Disneyland in the 60s like they owned the place and we recalled attractions of the past like the Skyway and the Adventure to Inner Space (my personal favorite!). We laughed and caught up, then ended with promises to visit again when I’m through the area next.

:goodvibes Sounds like a very, very nice breakfast.

After we said our goodbyes from breakfast, I waddled back off to my room and made a phone call. This one was not made in sheer terror like the one made the day before, but rather in minor irritation with myself. Brace yourselves, because you’re about to be observers of the Greatest Camera Debacle of Human History.

The night before, just as I watched Alison pull away after dropping me off, I realized that, for the FREAKING 3RD TIME, I had left my camera behind.

There is no way anyone can forget their camera that many times.
Not. Possible.

Yep, my obviously very unimportant $1,500 piece of equipment that I may as well just throw in the trash <hugest, most gigantic eye roll ever inserted here> was driving away in the Fran and AJ Mobile.

Not a bad idea! I mean, you're going to leave it behind again anyways. Might as well avoid all the anguish and just get it over with.

Wanna see what kind of stuff I did to kill time?

Sure!
Wait... I thought you said you did nothing?

LIES!!!

Good, because this is a Trip Report, and I’d worry about you a lot if you had said no.

I said "Sure!"

Then again, there is also the high possibility you could have said no because this TR actually is really pretty bad and not worth your time. I get that. But…

Hardly. Write on, lady.

If you are still here because it seems more enjoyable than cleaning your bathroom (mine’s done; writing this chapter was actually my reward for cleaning the scum off the toilet bowl)

Mine's done too! Now I can read your TR!

DTD is a pretty cool place and I found plenty of fun stuffs to do!

I spent no time there other than to walk to/from Disney and a pit stop in WOD.

1. The Bathroom, then 2. $ixbucks.

Shouldn't that be the other way around? Or book-ended?

I wandered. Shhh… don’t tell anyone who reads my other thread… but I shopped.

:faint: No. Couldn't be.
Oh! Sure.... :laughing: A typo! That's it.

You accidentally wrote "shopped" instead of "walked" or something similar.

Alright, alright! I didn’t BUY anything. (How could I? I had just been to $ixbucks.)

This is a truism.

I thought they must be something akin to the Remy Hunt at F&W, and sure enough, the very next day the Official DLR Easter Egg would begin

I remember you pointing out a few of the eggs to me later.

Surrounded by lush, tropical beauty, its siren call beckoned me in.

It really is nice there. I totally get this.

A quick call and several texts revealed that due to some sucky situation brewing at home, Fran and Alison couldn’t join me until 3:00 or so.

Oh, darn.

Not.
Their misfortune turned into a later meet which meant I could join you. :)

Side note: I’ve been carded not once, but twice in the last few months.

That's a good thing. Most women would kill for that.

At this point, I’m not sure whether to be flattered or disgusted by their blatant condescension.

Flattered. Explanation next:

Are they mocking me? Do I need to gently suggest they see their ophthalmologist at their earliest convenience for a Macular Degeneration check? Stymied. I realize it was dark in there, but COME ON!)

No. Not mocking you. They're busy. They don't have time for that unless they really need to do it.
So if you're getting carded... it's because they think you might possibly be under age.

Period.

This was handed to me 5 minutes later:

IMG_4037%20-%20Copy.jpg

That looks familiar. :)

Wanna see something neato? (Sure ya do!)

Before my Tiki came:

IMG_4029%20-%20Copy.jpg

After:

IMG_4033%20-%20Copy.jpg

That was so cool! Should get one for the house.

Imagine, if you will, (it’s easy if you try) a cool, fruity libation in which The Tikis come to life when ordered. Volcanoes erupt as easily as the laughter of the clientele; the steady rhythm of South Seas drumming throbs a pulse of happiness; and all the cares in your world melt away on a warm sandy beach filled with all of your new best friends.

Ahhhhh.... I don't have to imagine it... I know just where to find it. :)

Vacation also happens to be for sleeping in. Unless you’re at Disney, and then well… then there is no such thing.

Darn right.

I hadn’t had Eggs Benedict in forever, but am a bona fide lover about once a year or so. Well, you know… of Eggs Benedict. Otherwise that just sounds…. awkward.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

And a thousand "Poor Mike" comments died on our lips.

Trust me, it doesn’t take much. I’m pretty happy with nothing to do in fact.

I am EXCELLENT at doing nothing.:thumbsup2 I know you're shocked.

The night before, just as I watched Alison pull away after dropping me off, I realized that, for the FREAKING 3RD TIME, I had left my camera behind.

:faint: I think we need to talk.

If you are still here because it seems more enjoyable than cleaning your bathroom

It is, actually. You should use that as your slogan.

I thought they must be something akin to the Remy Hunt at F&W, and sure enough, the very next day the Official DLR Easter Egg would begin.

Cute!

Side note: I’ve been carded not once, but twice in the last few months. Ummm…. At this point, I’m not sure whether to be flattered or disgusted by their blatant condescension. Are they mocking me? Do I need to gently suggest they see their ophthalmologist at their earliest convenience for a Macular Degeneration check? Stymied. I realize it was dark in there, but COME ON!

Oh, just take your compliment! This doesn't happen to everybody. Especially us old, fat guys.

And that Dear Readers, is where I will leave you for now. Imagine, if you will, (it’s easy if you try) a cool, fruity libation in which The Tikis come to life when ordered. Volcanoes erupt as easily as the laughter of the clientele; the steady rhythm of South Seas drumming throbs a pulse of happiness; and all the cares in your world melt away on a warm sandy beach filled with all of your new best friends.

Boy, you could do a lot worse than that, couldn't you? Is this heaven?

No sashaying done that day. I was lucky to move at all! Talk about crowded!

No, actually, that's an invitation to talk about "crowded"...

See: Star Wars Land, circa 2019.

But they did have an automatic shoe shiner there! and mints and dental pics and a few other things that I don't remember. Some rolled up towels that I couldn't figure out what they were. (No. Not the hand towels.)

Whoa. And here I was impressed with the men's room at the ESPN Zone that had a small TV at eye level above every urinal.

How about the tune from Deliverance? Ask Ned Beatty.

I stand corrected! :scared1:

:wave2: hello there... I take a short break from the dis and come back to months behind on 1 TR and a whole nother one to boot! 12 credit hours for summer quarter was almost more than I could handle! Thursday is my last final for the quarter and was finally in a place where I could get some dis time in. Still have to get caught up on your other one and several others, but was able to get through all of this one finally.

Just some quick tid bits in no particular order,

Grannyhood! Wow! Grats to you!
Glad your mom is better!
Goats? Cause you didn't have enough on your plate?
So wonderful that you had a great time with disfriends and club 33....I am in awe
I think you need to attach your camera to your self in 3 or 4 different ways.... Make it like a straight jacket so it's impossible to take off and leave behind!
The picks from the accident on your other thread gave me chills. So glad Sil was OK.
Don't know if it was answered or not... But the pink flowering trees in DL I believe are Pink Lapacho, here is a websight that lists all plants /trees at Disney by park/area they are in.
http://www.plantsofdisneyland.com/d...caping-books-main-street-usa-and-park-hub.cfm

Last edited:
Can't remember where I left off ( but I DO know where my camera is.... :flower3:)

Club 33 - WOW such a special meal. And everyone is so neat and pretty...:flower:

Sorry you got chilly when the sun went down and you were still wet from POTC( when did that become a water ride???)

Nice pic on the parade and fireworks.

Yummy breakfast and what you call nothing for the day.

Need to get on the other thread to catch up there too. Its up next. :upsidedow

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

I'm so far behind here!!

I'm so sorry guys!

Loooooooooooooooooong week for me. But I have Mon-Wed off in which I really hope to catch up and get an update done as well. Thank you for bearing with me and being patient!

Some of you may or may not be following my other thread, but I have a HUGE development in my life that is taking a bit of time. Not a ton at this point, but some.

In case you are NOT following my other thread, this is what I posted:

A long-standing dream is about to come true for me. I received official word that I will be going to W. Africa in late November (exact dates still being worked out) to provide medical care and health education. I have worked long and hard to get the skills to provide practical, much needed community development and health care to a place I've dreamed of going for many years. I am looking for partners who will stand behind me in financial aid and prayer.

Here are the details as I know them: (Having been given permission, I can now share them.)

My daughter, Rebekah Marie Sauble, our team leader who is from there, my aunt, and possibly 1 or 2 others will be traveling together to Sierra Leone for an 8-10 day trip. We will work directly with a local physician and healthcare providers who will assist us in providing a vaccination clinic to a village, build relationships and do needs assessment for future trips, and provide healthcare teaching on topics such as maternal/pregnancy health, waterborne illness, and disease prevention. In addition to this, we will be bringing eye and ear drops, skin infection medications, and other basic medications.

Sierra Leone's national economy was all but wiped out as a result of the last Ebola Crisis in 2014. They are literally having to re-build and the needs are great to say the least. We are but a small piece of providing hope and health to a country that struggles with AIDS, basic medical needs, comprehensive economic poverty, and the ever-present threat of the return of Ebola.

We will be traveling with trusted people from that country and staying in a small, local hostel, spending our days among the people gathering data for future endeavors. I anticipate long days and hard work, but nothing worth doing is easy.

We are told that the trip will cost about $2,000 which includes travel, visas, room and board, and incidentals. I am committed to matching dollar for dollar up to $2,000 for purchasing the vaccinations, medications, and other medical supplies we will be taking. If 20 people give $100 that does it. I have great faith that this is something God wants to see happen, and I am inviting you to be part of it with me. If you feel called to give or pray, please PM me for details on how to give or if you just have questions. I have thought about setting up a GoFund Me, but want to see how God will provide without one first. I am excited beyond words!!

ETA: Any financial support in excess of the $2,000 will go directly towards supplies (needles, gloves, alcohol wipes, etc... for the clinic.)

Now, to get to some very long overdue replies. Thank you each and every one who has stuck with me on this long, drawn out TR. My goal is to finish by November as I'll be leaving on the 11th for another trip plus Sierra Leone.

I'm so far behind here!!

Yeah! What's with that?!?!?!?

Thank you for bearing with me and being patient!

:hug:

No worries. I'm sure with your flying schooling (You're still doing that, yes?) and above mentioned life event (not to mention work and family responsibilities) you're pretty darned swamped.
Get here when you can. We'll be here when you do. :)

OK I'm glad it's the same thing that you posted on the other thread because I was beginning to worry. Stay sane! I'm trying to! Take care catch you when we're all caught up!

As I told Andy, I'm about to leave on vacation myself. So I'm grateful for any threads that will be moving very slowly (or not at all) in my absence!:rotfl2:

Sounds like a great visit. Can't ask for more, good food and good company.

No, you certainly can't!! :)

Oh No! Not again? At least this time it was with friends.

I got no small amount of heckling. ;)

An Easter Egg Hunt!

Who can resist and Easter Egg Hunt?!

Yum. Very cool cup.

Thanks! My Tiki Collection is growing!

This reminds me of the Tikki Room attraction.

I think it is very much meant to have that flavour. A fun mixture of Tiki Room and the JC all mixed together.

Sounds like fun, can't wait to hear all about it.

Slowly but surely!!

Hi
I am sure I seen the Tiki mug with cherry fizz as the contents in a recent post in your other ongoing report. Are the trader Sams identical to each other .Do they charge the same price for the food and drinks. (one in Disneyland hotel and one in Disney world Polynesian hotel ). The one tiki that I have seen come to life was in the movie A night at the museum and it was from easter island and liked Gum Gum. At least your camera was in safe hands this time when it went walk about again.Enjoyed reading the update.

Yes, Stuart, you did! :) (It was delicious!)

There are differences for sure. The one at WDW is quite a bit larger, but generally the effects are similar and the overall feel the same. Both are Southseas, Tiki, JC inspired. And loud. And fun!

Here is the menu from the WDW version:

http://allears.net/dining/menu/trader-sams-grog-grotto/all-day

And here is the one from DLR:

http://allears.net/dlr/dining/menu/trader-sams-enchanted-tiki-bar/all-day

The drink prices are missing from the DLR one, so I can't say for sure, but I remember them being about the same.

I love that movie! very clever and yes, that one, the Easter Island one, was a cute addition. ;)

Helloooo! I'm actually caught up! I can't believe it. Well, I am caught up here.

Well, then you're ahead of me Tammie! I need to get crack-a-lackin' on these TRs! Need to finish them up and get done so they can be off my plate before I go overseas.

Your breakfast looks scrumptious. Sitting outside in a Summery tropical environment sounds divine! So fun you got to catch up with your cousins.
Having time to just wander and look around sounds pretty great, especially when fueled by Sixbucks.
Trader Sam's is so fun! We had drinks there at Christmas with Jim's relatives. I have the very same tikicup! It was a pretty busy evening, and it was fun to see all the craziness thst ensued when different drinks were ordered. Funny to see the look on people's faces if they had just walked in and weren't "in the know." :rotfl2:

I loved that morning very much! More fun to follow shorty- hoping to get an update done before I head to bed and then my night shift.

Yes, TS's is a blast with a group of fun-loving friends. A lot going on in there with some great souvenirs to take home. Loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!