ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

Tate had quite a day, it seems!!

He certainly keeps himself busy!

I don't blame these ladies at all. Tatey's got charm — that's undeniable.

He always seems to find himself in lovely company. ;)

This is so exciting! I love seeing peoples' pictures of this event and the costumes! I wish I could join you but sadly...I too will be just back from a Vegas trip at that time!! I do hope you will share some pics after even if no TR.

I think I will do a TR, but not sure what that'll look like yet. :) But yes, at the very least some photos of the trip and Dapper Days.

This drink looks right up my alley, sweet and fizzy and delish. And of course in the perfect vessel.

It was super refreshing and tasty. Perfect for a warm summer evening and yes, the Tikis were happy!

Yup, I do have quite a lot in common with Tatey when on vacay.

I think we all do to some small degree or another.

This is seriously cool. I can't imagine how rewarding it is to be able to use your skills for something like this where you are really making a difference. I mean, I think you do that every day at your job, but this will be even more rewarding.

I"m pretty excited about it, but not 100% sure if everything will line up to make it possible I can go on this first trip. If I have to push it out to January, I'm happy with that too. One step at a time. :)

This is amazing!! Congrats on the opportunity! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you as you're looking ahead to this trip!

Thanks Meghan! Working on all the things that will determine if I can go this trip: Time off work, travel dates that line up with prior plans, passport renewal, etc... I'll keep you posted.

I've never been a follower at Disney so this should be interesting. I am very excited to share Disney with John Paul for the first time.

And I can't think of any little guy who is cuter to share it with. Such a precious bundle!

I like this "Dis Near Twin"!

:goodvibes

This is the best news ever! What an exciting fall you will have. A big adventure and you'll be doing lot of good for others.

Still working on making the logistics come together. The biggest hurdle is the time off work. Which is huge because I've already taken some time off this year. We'll see.... Fingers crossed.

I enjoyed Tate's adventures too. Splash Mountain is my favorite MK attraction.

He is always willing to entertain. I haven't done Splash since my last trip... too long! I'll have to hit it up in November!

Hi
Looks like tater man had a great day out in the laughing place and trader Sam's to finnish.Just a pity he couldn't find anything that was made in the USA to take home with him.
Great news on your Africa adventure finally coming to the fore hopefully you will get the time off. Congratulations on getting the offer.

Tatey is a discriminating shopper, but when the choices are limited, whatcha gonna do? LOL! He has fun, regardless wherever he goes. ;)

Thanks! I am looking forward to it, but it's still a fluid situation with several things that need to fall into place before it's a for sure thing.

Cool that your Africa plan is getting one step closer. Sending good vibes for the rest of the steps falling into place!

(No chance I'll be in WDW for November, btw. You probably could've guessed that, anyhow.)

And, love Tate's adventures! Too cute!

I love the look of Trader Sam's, and I do enjoy cocktails (i'm not a 'crack open a beer and show your chest hair' kind of guy). Dd you notice any kids in there? Is that allowed? Unless I get a solo trip, I will undoubtedly have a couple under-agers in tow.

Congrats on your Africa trip. It sounds like an incredible life changing experience.

And I can't think of any little guy who is cuter to share it with. Such a precious bundle!

Awwww. . .thank you. He should be a handful by the time we go.

Still working on making the logistics come together. The biggest hurdle is the time off work. Which is huge because I've already taken some time off this year. We'll see.... Fingers crossed.

I hope the stars align for you. I understand about the time off work. I'm about out for the year and we have lots of time left in the year.

He is always willing to entertain. I haven't done Splash since my last trip... too long! I'll have to hit it up in November!

Take pictures when you do.

His motto, oft quoted, is “Work hard, Play harder”

Hmmm... so that's where you got yours from.

Tatey for short, or Tate for shorter

T Man for even shorter. T for shortest.

He is accustomed, rather, to the luxuries this life affords, especially when others are willing to foot the bill. (Sounds like most of the kids I have still living at home.)

Apparently we have the same kids.

Yes, I'm fully aware that was a run on sentence

And yet you did nothing to prevent it.

I will let you be the judge on what Tate was up to, and to discern the levels of Spudly Debauchery he indulged in.

Debauchery? Tate!!!

Steppe, he found, was busy enough that he knew he wouldn’t be missed for a day of fun on his own

Wait... what sort of debauchery were you up to? Hmmmmm???

IMG_2019.jpg

Poor Tate. so sad...

You got some really good Splash shots, Liesa. This is one of my faves.

Good thing there isn't a contest going on around here!

I'm impressed that you got this! I'm busy buttoning up my camera so it doesn't get splashed by now.

His was a life of mildly wanton pleasure

"Mildly wanton"???? How is that possible?

Just nearby, he found a place to sow a few wild oats, or, well, at least get a bit of feminine attention.

The spud's got game.

No matter how you slice and fry it, Tater is a ladies’ man.

I miss chips!

After gathering up his loot, he found ways to spend it on completely useless crap made in China.

:laughing:

“Hmmm, I should probably thank Steppe and at least pretend I’m grateful for the lovely trip she’s giving us. I mean even her kids did that!”

Sounds like you raised 'em right after all. :)

I looked at this photo for at least a minute.
"Wait. She said Tea Cups... so why is Spud standing on a serving tray?"

D'oh!

We all know what a bit of imbibing does to one’s self-restraint,

Oh? Do tell!

From the looks of it, he had a wonderful time and even found time to take a swim in the waterfall on the deck. Cheeky little spud!

Nice! You got a lot in that shot.

By the looks of not one, but two, drinks on the table, we can surmise that Tate was probably not alone. Eh hhmm....

Hmmm... Spud story aside, are those both yours? Or had Mike joined you by this point? Or?

Eventually, he found Steppe and the others and hopped his fat little tipsy self back into his bag,

:laughing: I can just see him wobbling.

He yearned for her a-peeling touch

<groan>

and hoped that she will be home this November for a little mash up.

Stawwp!

All of a spudden I feel a little nauseous.

Ok OK!!! As long as my Moroccan alleys aren't messed with!

Deal!

Well... that doesn't sound good! :headache:

Well, it couldn't be that bad... I don't even remember what happened now!

Oh, then not so bad! Sounds nice! Do you have any pots with some flowers or such? Might add some color and a soft touch.

Nope. Only out front.
But the back is a work in progress. Have some ideas.......

I have seen you in a tux (suit?) at least once (Splash Mountain ride photo) and well, I would have to agree. You gussy and sashay quite well.

:blush:

Hand in hand you say? Sounds like Dapper Days would welcome you!

:laughing: Well, I don't know... still not sure of my dates.
I better get cracking on that!

Well, hopefully Tate has entertained you well. He's a debonair sort of guy.

::yes::

Finally! The news I've been waiting for!

This is wonderful news! So happy for you!!!

I'll be touring the Main Hospital where many died of the last Ebola outbreak in 2014

As long as there's no outbreak now.... which I don't think there is... this should be very.... emotional.

visiting a satellite medical clinic in the slum area of the Capitol city, doing needs assessment for potential water projects in villages and possibly doing a vaccination clinic.

Vaccination clinic? Please be careful with needle sticks! We'd be sorry to lose you!!

This goes ahead of the funded trips we have a proposal out for which has not seen funding yet. We are hoping for word when the US passes it's annual budget.

So not just one, but possibly two trips! And perhaps... future trips as well?

so in addition to beginning to get my vaccinations (yellow fever required) and malaria prophylaxis started

That sounds.... like a not so pleasant process. Necessary, but I'm sure, not all that fun.

I will begin the process of fundraising. Costs are pretty minimal, as I'll be staying in a guest hostel. The main expenses will be airfare and visas. Every dollar I raise, I will be personally matching for medical and first aid supplies, vitamins, and medications, etc...

Let me know where and how to donate.
I PMd you, but we got off topic, so I'm doing it here. :)

When? On the back of my WDW trip. I'll request 3 weeks off work, which I'm pretty sure I can get. If I can't, obviously the trip will be postponed...

Oh, that'd be too bad. Hopefully it'll work out.

Regardless, I'm super, super stoked about getting this chance to go and serve. There are incredible needs there and I want to be part of making a difference!

You are a truly amazing lady.

:worship:

I don't think I could do what you are so obviously excited to do.

Tate certainly got around! I enjoyed his little escapades through a ride that I will rarely get on as I hate getting wet! Sure seems like he was having fun with the CMs, but he should definitely be scolded for his flagrant use of your charging privileges! Does he think you're made of money?

Glad that he was able to catch up with you at Trader Sams for some much needed libations. I'm going to have to find that back patio sometime, we always sit inside and sometimes it's nice to enjoy the balmy Florida air!

I see that I never commented here about your trip to Africa. That's great that you can get so much time off work to do these sorts of things, and that should be great to work in two trips that are very meaningful to you right around the holidays! I don't know how you do it, I can hardly take care of my kitties, much less go to a country where people are in such need of things like medication and care. I guess that's why you became a nurse! :goodvibes

Well, they are impressive!

Yes, my mind is very impressive. Wait, what are we talking about again?

He is accustomed, rather, to the luxuries this life affords, especially when others are willing to foot the bill. (Sounds like most of the kids I have still living at home.)

Really, I think this applies to all of us. If it's free, it's for me!

Yes, I still amuse myself.

Really, that's all that matters. And a great friend is really just someone who will laugh at all of your jokes.

(Yes, I'm fully aware that was a run on sentence.)

Thankfully, the grammar police ain't here reading and correcting and stuff and filling in punctuation and the like and stuff.

I will let you be the judge on what Tate was up to, and to discern the levels of Spudly Debauchery he indulged in.

I feel like "Spudly Debauchery" is a phrase that should take on a life of its own here.

Someone should tell those guys it's about to rain.

Just nearby, he found a place to sow a few wild oats, or, well, at least get a bit of feminine attention.

Please post coordinates for this location. Uh, for my friends.

After gathering up his loot, he found ways to spend it on completely useless crap made in China.

I have a collection of that stuff, too!

As you can see, he chose exactly the right one to do that. The Puke Cups never fail in that department. It’s a good thing Tate had held off on getting his annual load of Casey Nuggets!

I think this is my cue.

hYubkI8CQxeN3K0ZqG0_NsqHOgHN26goDthG09oUQPaOPgcFQoE5ijufm5VdnVwZo05ipwWQRrboKXD_l6GWVR9SqDj_Oqagypjg6U-1ihkTDKvuvqBmvjPCwnHQRG5XABffD2UkgdVf8v_erpsCKjpRIRrdkcYyGpzBtBrfDZndyHcUyf2BJeT-dcsP91bDxaUb1TSUyvW4b_3AoocWFF-a_4lHnZVsR-T9IROZNIsEVRYHg-RaCQilWrCPusUTfmTPPZkuNtdyT4EI_zCmmUe4m1APCT4CtajKRn2fv0xrBbDpkw2nSqlAwb5_mzM05bz_1lm3mlvEb8yR3Gz6ejk9AZlVYJP8vJG6f4tXYebYr4y9HD992SAXiabd3YnmU__oeq7yhjToaUN9tgyrrwp4z5-tgedTys42mHmYFVYuh6AsPHCEJ9VXuVIMHwBYxcUXdL2nXIS6B4MaIouI1mn6Li_pQDMVgbLo3FcY_Yt0pX2wTjmgqR8E3vDRYn1yCtfrg5Mx0Ekt7Zad3sWYJTxioXUDPkZK1QgANGPcLf8tBx94F1uKltIfeiLh0mFxiMaIvhGAASNr3cdO1nVWDgBGZpadTXK4J6NFlyjjMwevUAJ3_8iFo-DF=w66-h34-no

Love the colors in this one.

He yearned for her a-peeling touch

YAoKDFv_E5cm2hHUwuSBwUpA5yo92Nyjl1MElENj4Pa5e9SEz5vG7RfCW63MLQ1g0CcFz3mGexEe5Vrv9Z6XPvCJ6qPS8JtfUpEpGf31SwU8hx-TSFGI0-JpPng2WOBqXSXwpAHeD9QS8HOhQ_zGOhJUwQxPG5s8ZFxGy2TD66LvSwzKhLFP3cyJKqeDLz6wb9bNSbFGjl1W0FmgYA23f4gYG3cEmAMDwVVFBWqccYSso9xlWv3B1bcsiFh6vqiFSI2WembrzQb7ILmV1H49_XZfzUql4ByPuBLuJA_UWIfaqiqo26pSfSKMzl-Z7JkG-n7ewQ-BJIXM70qMKxTjHhQIAM9MHijIbyG0kEnSU9_sdf2-ECNyvW3LGtg9mqZ9aWUBDk_V41HAwTV2R_ZtN68d6dOxSlqAXvXfO4BsJkg_hAusVXZBdbVmnuRbyTTI42FoSJBSpiHmOL7PxFvCObapD9lVvdvygaMit3Nb5MyN2EiC2mmgDPJBSh24euAqrkn7w6cwOyqahdQ3p5ja727_wDP7CkpOCANYh7IML2jQw7Rha89WJQAyPAhQSwELUbaeD1NU8ntj-wYuGYr9fIsgViwfm6-yxfZXze2BVvLxldJYrveS992C=w48-h34-no

I received word last night that I am being offered a position on a team going to W. Africa for a survey trip and yet to be determined medical work.

Excellent news! I'm so glad you're getting the opportunity!

Poor Tate! I guess that means another trip for him!

Your African adventure sounds like such a wonderful way to serve! I'm really excited for you. I hope it all comes together for you!

Well Friends, I'm back from an almost week-long camping trip. If my back didn't know it, my neck certainly does. Not to mention my sleep deprivation. But hey, a relaxing week out in the wilderness, right? <insert extreme cynicism here> On the bright side, I did get to finally get myself up in the air:

20229341_1618512141494383_4734493704556223491_n.jpg

15781081_1618512158161048_6602247904565776223_n.jpg

Got some time to study a bit:

20246191_1621065117905752_3715394118973858079_n.jpg

Took a few decent photos (more of which can be found on my FB Page- Lincoln Landing Photography):

20280259_1622411344437796_7156613645671177299_o.jpg

20232258_1622438154435115_2348244502104959854_o.jpg

And ate some pretty good food:

20229126_1618337341511863_8725217833929310130_n.jpg

So, now without further ado, I will start the long climb out of my behindedness around here before I head off to work. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be all caught up... and can then start over. Thus goeth the DISCycle.

Gorgeous photos! A week of camping is a few days longer than we've ever done. I hope you can get some good sleep now that you are back home!

And that s'more looks just perfect...

The older I get the more my thoughts turn to the pain of camping and not the fun. My body can't take what it could take in my 20s.

You did get some lovely pictures.

Congrats on going up. How was it?

Really? I actually really love my job still. There has been very few days I've gotten up and thought, "Geez, I really don't wanna go in and do what I love today.".

Isn't that the best! I've worked places where I would literally get sick every morning before going in, and places where nobody seems to like/trust anybody. But now I'm in a good place that's friendly and flexible. Haven't felt the need to take a "sick (of work) day" in the 5 years I've been here. :thumbsup2

I have a brown thumb. I kill every plant I touch.
Are we related?

I've seen that same look on the face of my children over the years :scratchin

And congratulations on your Africa adventures!!

Sounds like you've been very busy! That S'more looks really good! I want one!

I laughed because we have that same camping table, but the closest we get to camping is the Hollywood Bowl!

Cool that your Africa plan is getting one step closer. Sending good vibes for the rest of the steps falling into place!

(No chance I'll be in WDW for November, btw. You probably could've guessed that, anyhow.)

And, love Tate's adventures! Too cute!

There are MANY steps that need to fall into place still. So many details yet to come together, but one step at at time. :)

Tate will make another guest appearance, I'd imagine. ;)

I love the look of Trader Sam's, and I do enjoy cocktails (i'm not a 'crack open a beer and show your chest hair' kind of guy). Dd you notice any kids in there? Is that allowed? Unless I get a solo trip, I will undoubtedly have a couple under-agers in tow.

TS's is a GREAT place to find some fun. As you've guessed I'm not a big beer fan either but will drink one if someone wants to share a splash like I did the other day camping. I didn't notice any kids in there, but they are welcome until 8:00, I believe. After that they have to be out on the patio outside. I think it might be fun for them to see the special effects, but it is loud and rowdy in a Disney sort of way. :) Maybe they could order a virgin drink and have the volcano go off or such. ??

Congrats on your Africa trip. It sounds like an incredible life changing experience.

Thanks, over the months until November more things will fall into place. :)

Awwww. . .thank you. He should be a handful by the time we go.

Yes, most definitely! But no better place than Disney to keep him busy and engaged.

I hope the stars align for you. I understand about the time off work. I'm about out for the year and we have lots of time left in the year.

Well, I got the time off work; now it's all the other thousands of details that need to fall into place!

Take pictures when you do.

I certainly will! :)

Hmmm... so that's where you got yours from.

He's... inspirational.

T Man for even shorter. T for shortest.

Precisely!

Apparently we have the same kids.

Seems to be universal nowadays.

And yet you did nothing to prevent it.

Nor was I motivated to fix it.

Wait... what sort of debauchery were you up to? Hmmmmm???

Oh, just the usual. ;)

You got some really good Splash shots, Liesa. This is one of my faves.

Thanks, Ponzi.

Good thing there isn't a contest going on around here!

:teeth:

I'm impressed that you got this! I'm busy buttoning up my camera so it doesn't get splashed by now.

I think it went under my poncho fairly quickly after this! (Yes, I'm a goober and wear one. )

I miss chips!

I miss carbs in general.

Sounds like you raised 'em right after all. :)

They're pretty good kids. I"m very proud of them.

I looked at this photo for at least a minute.
"Wait. She said Tea Cups... so why is Spud standing on a serving tray?"

D'oh!

:rotfl2:

Oh? Do tell!

Oh, you've seen it!

Nice! You got a lot in that shot.
Thanks!! :) That patio has a story that I'll tell as soon as I find a spare moment. Been a long work week.

Hmmm... Spud story aside, are those both yours? Or had Mike joined you by this point? Or?

Nope. The tables at TS's at WDW are fairly close together especially the ones up near the bar. I found a place on a bench next to another single lady and asked if I could share her table. I was only in there for a very short time, so she didn't mind. More on that in a bit.

:crazy:

Nope. Only out front.
But the back is a work in progress. Have some ideas.......

I'd love to see pix if and when you add things.

This is wonderful news! So happy for you!!!

Thank you. I'm happy to have friends alongside of me who can share my joy and journey!

Vaccination clinic? Please be careful with needle sticks! We'd be sorry to lose you!!

I certainly will! Double gloving! :)

So not just one, but possibly two trips! And perhaps... future trips as well?

Any future trips will be fully funded and paid through the proposal we have outstanding that we haven't heard back yet about. The world of multi-million $ proposals is complicated and takes time.

Let me know where and how to donate.
I PMd you, but we got off topic, so I'm doing it here. :)

I will PM you! And thank you! I've already got $200 committed in just an hour. :)

Oh, that'd be too bad. Hopefully it'll work out.

It is working out.... details will be ironed out over the next weeks and months.

You are a truly amazing lady.

:worship:

I don't think I could do what you are so obviously excited to do.

I just do what I can. I have the skills, I have the time. What I don't have is an excuse NOT to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter