• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The 10th anniversary kidless Trip--Part 2, KRAKEN!

Cindy B

<font color=blue>Have taken some furniture polish
Cast:

Myself, Cindy (30)
DH Jeff (38)

August 25th, Seaworld.

We arrive about 645 or so at Seaworld. It was a very quick drive in the Mustang from the Hotel...maybe 10 minutes.

There were no more parking attendents on duty..so we just drove right on in, and got a prime spot.

Seaworld... the entrance with the little lighthouse, and the foghorn sounds just got us excited. I had never been to SeaWorld in Orlando, and DH hadnt been since 1985.

We walked over to Guest Services with our Discovery Cove confirmation, and ID's... and away we went in...

Jeff and I were determined to do a few things that night..with Kraken being on the top of the list. So we wandered through the Key WEst area until we found a sign for Kraken....

There we were at the entrance for Kraken....no wait. We took that as a good sign and ran in... We get up to the entrance/loading area, and I said to Jeff... "No one is screaming the usual YES lets do it again... it must be pretty mild." HA! How wrong I was....

Ok, dangling feet coasters are NOT my favorite things. I prefer to be sitting down the entire time. We loaded up me, in the middle and Jeff on the left end, and another couple in the other seats.

First is the lift hill... then I closed my eyes. My point is I'm already on there, I DONT need to see everything. I peeked a few times, but boy is that INTENSE! I've been on many coasters, and I dare say that Kraken is the most intense/powerful that I have been on. I was truly petrified... I was never so glad to see the ride end. DH and I agreed that it was intense, and we both had major headaches afterwards.

Walked through Penguin encounter. Very cute and fun, I appreciated the moving sidewalks.

Then on to the Shamu's big chill show... We now know why they call it Big Chill, the BIG splashes, and the Chilly nights.... We were soaked by the 11,000 pound killer whale, and we weren't technically in the splash zone.. WE saw him swim near, and then the MONSOON came.... we were wringing out our clothes afterwards.

Then we decided lets go on Wild Arctic. We picked the by air option, and away we went. It was fun, but not super exciting. DH who's been on a helicopter, said it was close in some areas, but mostly NOT like a helicopter. the movie itself had some great pictures to it.. but the real treat is after wards through the exit. They have it themed like a arctic area. The ceiling is a bright white, which looks like snow.. The polar bears were there, and we walked through and saw the beluga whales (stunning!), and all the other marine life. We just stopped and looked at everything, so much to see. It was even chilly to simulate the Arctic..not good with still soaking wet clothes.

There it was exit time, we got caught in the rush and it was slightly crowded, but nowhere near say a Magic Kingdom closing. The music was playing on the loudspeakers, and then Yellow
Submarine comes one. One group of kids start singing it, then hundreds of people start singing it as we all strolled to the exit. Nothing like a huge chorus of "WE all live in a Yellow Submarine, Yellow Submarine, Yellow Submarine..."

To the exit we went.. and then off to the hotel. We needed to rest up for DISCOVERY COVE tomorrow.

Aren't the Beluga Whales beautiful! I didn't want to leave them. I loved the Walrus too! Last I saw him, he was floating on his back with his front fins/legs folded under his head just floating around without a care in the world! Sounds like this trip is a good one so far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter