"That will be all, Jeeves" January 2011

Sassagoula Billy

DIS Veteran
Should this be its own shindig? Will it be separate and apart from The Grand Lady on the Lake? Who knows. But for now, here is the gathering of foodstuff ADRs and plans set forth for the great WDW food fiesta I'm calling...

"That will be all, Jeeves."
A Degustation Celebration

The Players, at Twelve Oaks
Sassagoula Billy..............29, yours truly.
Mama...........................Auntie Mame and Grace Kelly rolled into one.

In Atlanta
The BFF........................39, best friend of 10 years
BFF's DFi.......................30, fiance with wedding date set for 2012

Okay, so none of us lives in Atlanta, or at Twelve Oaks. And this trip isn't even taking place the Port Orleans: Anything. But the whole prospect is so grand and epic and cinematic and Max Steiner cueing up the Metro Goldwyn Mayer orchestra that I felt impelled to go all Margaret Mitchell. So for all intensive purposes, Twelve Oaks is the sooo not southern - okay, Florida meets San Diego - Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, and Atlanta is the Pop Century. Again, nothing Atlantean about that either.

But that's the cast of characters. Them's the locales... and...

ADRs to follow.

Day 1
Dinner, Victoria & Albert's

Day 2
Early Lunch, Le Cellier (with BFF and his DFi)
Late Afternoon Tea, Garden View Lounge (with BFF and his DFi)
Dinner, Snacks

Day 3
Breakfast, Grand Floridian Cafe

:goodvibes

Oooohhhh... V&A?!?! I can only imagine! We ate at LC & at GFC for dinner a few years ago. DH loved LC but GFC was a bit stuffy for our redneck Hoosier selves.

Oooohhhh... V&A?!?! I can only imagine! We ate at LC & at GFC for dinner a few years ago. DH loved LC but GFC was a bit stuffy for our redneck Hoosier selves.

:rotfl: I'm so excited to do all the stuffy stuff (stuffy stuff?), because it's a whole buncha firsts for me. Even if it's not as wondrous as I hope it to be, it's a bit off the ol' bucket list. :goodvibes

Hollaaaaa!!!! V+A's is some way to start a trip mister!!! We were lucky enough to dine there at the Chef's Table for our Disneymoon last year. I have also eaten there once before in the dining room. You. Will. Love. It. OMG soooo yummmmy, elegant, special, unique...So excited for you guys!!!

AND I love your description of mama...I grew up on Auntie Mame, and I fancy myself a lover of Grace Kelly for sure.

Again so happy you're getting another trip down!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Hollaaaaa!!!! V+A's is some way to start a trip mister!!! We were lucky enough to dine there at the Chef's Table for our Disneymoon last year. I have also eaten there once before in the dining room. You. Will. Love. It. OMG soooo yummmmy, elegant, special, unique...So excited for you guys!!!

AND I love your description of mama...I grew up on Auntie Mame, and I fancy myself a lover of Grace Kelly for sure.

Again so happy you're getting another trip down!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

It'll be short and sweet but hopefully wall-to-wall lovely! And you probably read that I've never even set foot in the Grand Floridian. So, it's a whole slew of anticipatory years (awkward sentence) leading up to this great, GRAND, moment. :laughing:

I'm sure I'll see Mame and Patrick there in spirit. That's certainly how I'll feel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter