That Was NOT Part of the Plan! May/June 2017 TR *NEW* 12/1 *COMPLETE*

Makes a lot of sense. By then you probably need the rest a little more than you would early in the trip anyway. Nice to get that day to relax and not be as tired when you're heading home.

It ended up working out. We were EXHAUSTED by that time in the week, so the rest day was more than welcome to help us power through our last day!

::yes:: There are some great pictures of her with the characters! It looks like she was having a great time!

I was so happy she had come around by then! It would have been a very expensive and miserable meal had she been freaking out the whole time. :scared:

That is awesome! That's how you do breakfast. Ice cream and cookies!

When in Rome...:rolleyes1

And a great resort to walk around. I love that place. Even for someone who had never been to Disneyland before, I was just overwhelmed with nostalgia walking around that resort.

It's a really fun resort to check out, especially those huge memorabilia walls! The kids really enjoyed looking around at all of the old maps, pictures, and souvenirs.

I love this! So cool! I'm living vicariously through you and your photos at this point.

It's amazing seeing it all lit up at night! It's like a brand new place!

Awesome! I want to see this up close! The colors are so pretty!

It is really pretty lit up, and there is even a game you can play while waiting. It's on your phone and the colors flash on the fun wheel, and you have to remember the sequence. Whoever answers the questions with the right answers the quickest gets to choose what color the fun wheel lights up before the show!

So great that you could see the show and enjoy it, and that DS got a chance to see it kind of for the first time, now that he's old enough to remember it.

It was a great show, as always! Definitely my favorite thing to do in Disneyland at night.

This seems like a great idea. And maybe just what was needed to be able to power through that last day.

It definitely helped. We had worn ourselves out by then!

I'm loving reading about your trip! I can't wait to start your universal report also :)

Thanks so much!! I'm glad you're enjoying.

So I have been terrible about looking for and keeping up with Trip Reports of late, so I only just now saw you had this TR going ... but I did read through it all today!

I won't even attempt to comment on everything but just wanted to say that I am sorry for the challenging trip out West you had - but at least the rest of the trip seems to have been up hill after that!

Also, your DD's reaction to characters seems similar to our son's when we was about her age as he really was interested in them from afar but then got super scared when they were close (and would only wave goodbye to them, not hello)

Lastly, I just adore this picture and kinda is a visual of why we deal with all the stress of planning and executing a Disney trip:

No worries!! I find my DIS time more limited these days as well.

Yes, we always have some kind of issue leading up to a trip it seems, but the rest of the trip turned out wonderfully, thank goodness.

Oh yes, she LOVED waving goodbye to them!! :rotfl: It's so funny how all kids universally seem to do that with people and things they don't want to be around. Kids to it to me at work all day long!! lol

Absolutely!!!! All the drama is totally worth it for moments like that one! :goodvibes

Day 12: Sunday June 4th

For our last park morning, we were up bright and early. DH and DS got up earlier around 6:30 and left at 6:50 to get into the gates first and pick up Guardians FPs. DD and I took a little longer getting ready and got there at 8 instead. The park didn’t open until 9, but DH had been texting me that there was a Guardians special event happening in addition to the EMH for resort guests so there were a lot of people going in early. It ended up being a special event for anyone who had worked on the ride and those people could bring family and friends as well.

When DD and I arrived at the gates, DH and DS were still waiting outside so we joined them in line, and they started letting us in a few minutes later. DH took two tickets and went straight over to join the queue to get Guardians FPs while I took the kids over to the rope at Paradise Pier to wait for it to drop, hoping this time we could get on to Toy Story Mania together without any mishaps (like lost tickets!).

DH actually caught up to us rather quickly because they were just handing out FPs to people and not making them scan their tickets. Not sure why, but I’ll take it! So he was with us when the rope dropped and we all headed over to Paradise Pier together.

We were able to walk right on, and it looks like DH and DS rode together while I rode with DD based off of these scores.

After we were finished riding TSM, DH and DS decided to go ride Grizzly River Run early so we wouldn’t have to use a FP for it, and also so they could do face paint later on and not have to worry about it getting wet.

IMG_2551
by disneymom1024, on Flickr

While they were doing that, DD and I walked back through the TSM line which was about 15 minutes by that point, so I figured it was only going to get more crowded after that.

Either DD didn’t want to ride again or she wasn’t in the mood for a selfie.

IMG_3418

When we got off of the ride, I suddenly realized we had to HURRY because our Guardians FP was for 9:20-10:20, and it was already 9:50! The plan was to each get to ride with our FP and each get a swap, but we were pushing it. I called DH to see where they were as I hurried over to Guardians with DD. They were in line already for the face painting. We had a breakdown in communication as he thought I was going to come to him with DD, but I thought he understood he needed to come to me with DS so we could get the rider swap, especially since it didn’t look like we would both have time to ride within our FP window. So that ended up devolving into a mini argument, but we got over it quickly.

In the end, only I was able to go on with my FP, but I was able to get the rider swap for DH to use later. I ended up in line in front of someone who was there for the special event and who had worked on the attraction. He told someone who asked that he did the voice of Groot (and it certainly was NOT Vin Diesel! Lol) but I don’t really remember Groot saying anything during the ride? Although it’s possible it was something from the preshow because I never actually saw anything from that. Still pretty cool!

When I was done, I went over to catch up with them while they were getting their faces painted. DS was still getting his done and had picked Captain America today. The difference between this artist and the one who had done his Spiderman one was obvious, but he was happy with it.

DD was waiting for them ever so patiently.

DH had decided to get Thor.

One of the other things we were hoping to accomplish today was the Disney Jr. Dance Party since it had recently changed from the Live on Stage show. DH decided to go over and use the rider swap for Guardians now because the plan was to leave DCA shortly after the show and go to DL for the rest of the day. I took the kids over towards the theater to get in line, but stopped for a quick meet with Sofia the First because she didn’t have a long line. DS was being a turd and wouldn’t meet her, but DD was excited.

IMG_3425

IMG_3426

IMG_3427

IMG_3428

After meeting DD, Sofia tried to go over and coax DS to come in for a photo, but he practically ran away from her! Lol So we went over to get in line around 11:10 for the 11:30 show at Disney Jr. We shared some snacks to hold us over so we could have lunch after the show. DH ended up coming over to meet us because the FP line at Guardians was backed up to 45 minutes.

Soon enough, we were inside the theater and ready to see our favorite Disney Jr. characters!

So this show was revamped from the usual puppet show featuring Sofia, Doc, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Jake that had been there before. Now there were two hosts there DJing and getting the kids up and dancing. They would learn a move from each show (Doc, Sofia, Lion Guard) and a character from the show would “come out of the screen” to help the kids do the dance move. All of this time, we were waiting for Mickey and Minnie from Mickey and the Roadster Racers to race over to the theater to join us. The kids really loved that this show was all about getting up and moving instead of sitting there.

Just like with Mickey and the Magical Map, DD was not at all happy when Sofia left the stage!

Continued in next post...

Day 12 Continued: Sunday June 4th

After having fun at the show, DS and I went over to use some RSR FPs DH had been able to get earlier at some point since he didn’t have to scan his tickets to get the Guardians FPs.

IMG_3434

IMG_3435

IMG_3436

Meanwhile, DH and DD went over to ride Monsters Inc.

DH went over to check the FP line for Guardians to see if he could still get on it, but it was still very backed up and stretching all the way into Bug’s Land, so he had to abandon that plan unfortunately.

We had thought we might go over to DL and have lunch there, but it just ended up being easier to have another meal at Smokejumpers since it was on the way out of the park, and we’d still have to get all the way over to DL and then figure out where to eat.

After lunch it was time to say farewell to DCA and head over to spend our last afternoon at Disneyland!

UP NEXT: Final Farewell!

It is really pretty lit up, and there is even a game you can play while waiting. It's on your phone and the colors flash on the fun wheel, and you have to remember the sequence. Whoever answers the questions with the right answers the quickest gets to choose what color the fun wheel lights up before the show!

How cool! This is a great idea.

DH actually caught up to us rather quickly because they were just handing out FPs to people and not making them scan their tickets. Not sure why, but I’ll take it!

Nice! Strange, but no complaints I'm sure.

36740090353_2c4f2d79f8_c.jpg

Your super heroes look great! Even if DS's face paint is definitely less intricate than the last time.

After meeting DD, Sofia tried to go over and coax DS to come in for a photo, but he practically ran away from her! Lol

Bahah hilarious! Kids are funny sometimes, especially boys.

The kids really loved that this show was all about getting up and moving instead of sitting there.

I love this! So smart. It's hard to keep little ones still in those long shows.

Sounds like a good morning at DCA! DS & DH look awesome with their face paintings. And DD looked so happy during the Disney Jr party..except of course when Sofia left :rotfl2: DH got some awesome pics on the Monsters Inc ride!

Cool. Those are neat changes to the Disney Junior show. (But I am so happy I don't have to sit through THAT anymore...it's the one thing at Disney that totally got on my nerves.)

I had heard of other days they had done that as far as just handing out the FP for Guardians - that's cool that you could then get another FP (bummer that the line got so backed up though)

Their new Disney Jr show looks like an improvement over what WDW still has - maybe they can get the updated show too once they are done with the other construction at DHS - probably don't want to take another attraction down right now

Funny that you guys ate at Smokejumpers so often - we ate there once and found it ok, but nothing special, but I think they have updated the menu since then and added some more unique items - important thing is you had a go to place to use when needed

DH actually caught up to us rather quickly because they were just handing out FPs to people and not making them scan their tickets. Not sure why, but I’ll take it! So he was with us when the rope dropped and we all headed over to Paradise Pier together.
That does make it easier. Probably harder to keep track of FP's distributed. And makes it easier for people to game the system. I wonder if this ends up biting them later in the day...

In the end, only I was able to go on with my FP, but I was able to get the rider swap for DH to use later.
Too bad you couldn't both use the FP. But at least you still have the rider swap at your disposal.

DH ended up coming over to meet us because the FP line at Guardians was backed up to 45 minutes.
Wow... that's crazy.

So this show was revamped from the usual puppet show featuring Sofia, Doc, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Jake that had been there before. Now there were two hosts there DJing and getting the kids up and dancing.
Interesting. This looks like a nice change from the puppet show. I wonder if this has/is coming to DHS? I'm totally out of touch with the Disney rumor mill.

DH went over to check the FP line for Guardians to see if he could still get on it, but it was still very backed up and stretching all the way into Bug’s Land, so he had to abandon that plan unfortunately.
That stinks. I hate it that he couldn't get on one last time.

Nice! Strange, but no complaints I'm sure.

I guess for some reason they needed to hand them out quicker, but we were definitely not complaining!

Your super heroes look great! Even if DS's face paint is definitely less intricate than the last time.

Despite it not looking as nice as the first time, it was very appreciated that the face painting was offered for free. That's almost unheard of in Disney parks!

Bahah hilarious! Kids are funny sometimes, especially boys.

He used to love Sofia too when he was little, but I'm sure he doesn't want me to remind him of that fact!! :rotfl:

I love this! So smart. It's hard to keep little ones still in those long shows.

Absolutely. The old show had some opportunities to get the kids up and moving, but it was mostly sitting and watching. The new show was a great change, for sure.

Sounds like a good morning at DCA! DS & DH look awesome with their face paintings. And DD looked so happy during the Disney Jr party..except of course when Sofia left :rotfl2: DH got some awesome pics on the Monsters Inc ride!

DS was obsessed with that face painting. I wish we would have tried it out earlier in the trip so he could have gotten it every day! Very cool that it was offered for free.

It wasn't as bad as Mickey leaving the stage after Magical Map, but still a meltdown! lol

Cool. Those are neat changes to the Disney Junior show. (But I am so happy I don't have to sit through THAT anymore...it's the one thing at Disney that totally got on my nerves.)

Yeah, I don't blame you. The things we do for the kids!! It was just nice that if it was something we still "have" to do, at least it was different and more interactive. I think we all enjoyed it more than the previous version.

I'm glad your DD warmed up to the characters!

It definitely made the trip a lot more enjoyable towards the end once she was no longer afraid!

I had heard of other days they had done that as far as just handing out the FP for Guardians - that's cool that you could then get another FP (bummer that the line got so backed up though)

Their new Disney Jr show looks like an improvement over what WDW still has - maybe they can get the updated show too once they are done with the other construction at DHS - probably don't want to take another attraction down right now

Funny that you guys ate at Smokejumpers so often - we ate there once and found it ok, but nothing special, but I think they have updated the menu since then and added some more unique items - important thing is you had a go to place to use when needed

It did make it nice that we could get another one right away, but it sucked it didn't end up really helping us out since DH never got to ride.

It was absolutely an improvement! It will be interesting to see if it makes its way over to WDW eventually.

We are simple eaters, and it just wasn't worth the headache of trying to find something else that DH or DS would eat at one of the other restaurants. I would still like to eat at Flo's one of these days, and I'm still kicking myself for not going there when I had just the kids with me for lunch.

That does make it easier. Probably harder to keep track of FP's distributed. And makes it easier for people to game the system. I wonder if this ends up biting them later in the day...

Yes, I can see how it could mess up other rides, particularly RSR since I'm sure a lot of people did the same as us and snatched one of those up too.

Too bad you couldn't both use the FP. But at least you still have the rider swap at your disposal.

Dun dun dun...

Interesting. This looks like a nice change from the puppet show. I wonder if this has/is coming to DHS? I'm totally out of touch with the Disney rumor mill.

I haven't heard anything, but it is an attraction in need of an update, so it would be a good change at DHS also.

That stinks. I hate it that he couldn't get on one last time.

It was a bummer, but we definitely didn't miss out on it. We had lots of opportunities to ride, which I had worried may not happen!

When I left off, we had finished up our time at DCA and were heading over to DL to spend our last few Disney hours before it would be time to head home the next morning!

We made a quick right when we got to the hub in the hopes that we could pick up some Space Mountain FPs since we still hadn’t gotten on the ride yet.

We got over there, but no luck. The return times were already out past 7 pm and we weren’t planning to be in the park that late in the evening. Sad to say, we NEVER had an opportunity to ride it this trip between it being closed our first few days, and not operating the other day we spent in DL! Such a shame as it’s one of our favorites and I missed out on it last time due to being pregnant with DD.

Instead, we went over to get some Matterhorn FPs for 3:20. We weren’t even sure we’d be able to use those either since we wanted to end our day after seeing the 3:45 pm Tangled show at the Royal Theater, but we held on to them anyway. DD had fallen asleep in the stroller, so we asked DS what did he want to ride again and he chose Roger Rabbit. The wait time was 35 minutes, but I took him in anyway and it really only ended up taking 25.

While we were having fun spinning around, DH had found a bench under the railroad tracks so DD could nap in the shade.

It was about 2:30 when DS and I were done and DD was still sleeping, so we gave him the chance to pick one more thing he wanted to do, and he picked Casey Jr. Train, so DH and I swapped. I took over nap duty while he took DS on the train.

At around 3, I wheeled the still sleeping DD over to the theater to get in line while DH and DS stopped to pick up their canvas character letters after their train ride. They came out so perfect!

IMG_3453

IMG_3454
They tried to squeeze in a quick ride on Matterhorn with their FPs but unfortunately the ride was down so they weren’t able to and came over to meet us by the theater instead. We were able to enter the theater at 3:30 and DD was still sleeping, so that meant waking her up to go inside, but she actually did fine waking up. The theater has a bunch of colored rugs up on the floor in front of the stage for the kids, so DS went to sit up there while DH, DD and I found spots on the front row of benches.

Some of the actors came around the theater to teach us different responses we should yell out during the show. Like when the heroes did something good, we should yell “Huzzah!” but when the villain did something villainous we had to yell, “Fie!”

Something a little strange happened too while we were sitting there waiting for the show to begin. The lady next to DH struck up a conversation with him about DD’s broken arm, and asked if we were local or not because she knows someone who decorates casts. When he said we were there on vacation, she still kept pushing and asking us how long we’d be in town, because we could go track down this lady she knows and tell her we met this lady in the theater and the decorator lady would decorate her cast for free. It was odd, but we thanked her for the offer and let her know we were flying home in the morning so couldn’t take her up on her offer. She did show us photos of the lady’s work, and she was very talented, but I can’t imagine going to track her down while on vacation just to get a cast decorated?!

Anyway, after that, the show began and it was a very funny and theatrical retelling of the story of Tangled!

When the show ended, I realized somehow in the entire week, we hadn’t stopped to have our photos taken in front of the castle, and that had to be remedied before we could leave! DH was skeptical of my request, but finally agreed to go wait for one of the photopass photographers to take our picture.

And just like that, it was time to leave the park to go back to the resort and finish packing! ...or was it?!

UP NEXT: A Little More Disney Magic

Last edited:

These came out so great! I especially love DS's Maui!

Something a little strange happened too while we were sitting there waiting for the show to begin. The lady next to DH struck up a conversation with him about DD’s broken arm, and asked if we were local or not because she knows someone who decorates casts. When he said we were there on vacation, she still kept pushing and asking us how long we’d be in town, because we could go track down this lady she knows and tell her we met this lady in the theater and the decorator lady would decorate her cast for free. It was odd, but we thanked her for the offer and let her know we were flying home in the morning so couldn’t take her up on her offer. She did show us photos of the lady’s work, and she was very talented, but I can’t imagine going to track her down while on vacation just to get a cast decorated?!

Um...weird! I can't imagine why she'd think you'd want to interrupt your vacation just to get DD's cast decorated...even if you weren't flying home the next day... Sometimes strangers can be pushy about the weirdest things.

When the show ended, I realized somehow in the entire week, we hadn’t stopped to have our photos taken in front of the castle, and that had to be remedied before we could leave! DH was skeptical of my request, but finally agreed to go wait for one of the photopass photographers to take our picture.

Oh no! So glad you remedied this! I can't imagine taking a Disney trip without commemorating it with a castle picture.

This is sweet!

And just like that, it was time to leave the park to go back to the resort and finish packing! ...or was it?!

UP NEXT: A Little More Disney Magic

Ooh...the suspense!

Those canvas letters came out so cute!

Sounds like a nice relaxing afternoon doing some of DS' requested rides and seeing the Tangled show. Cute pics in front of the castle!!

OoOo can't wait to hear what else you squeezed in!!

Such a bummer you didn't get on Space Mountain this trip - especially, as you say, you didn't get on last trip either with being pregnant!

That's nice DS got on a few of his picks while his sister slept during your last few hours in the park.

The Tangles show looks fun - though definitely an odd situation with the woman and the friend who does the cast art

The name arts are really cute - I especially like Delilah's!

Glad you got the family Castle pictures!!!

These came out so great! I especially love DS's Maui!

Thanks! I was so excited about them, and I'm so glad we ended up getting one for each kid.

Um...weird! I can't imagine why she'd think you'd want to interrupt your vacation just to get DD's cast decorated...even if you weren't flying home the next day... Sometimes strangers can be pushy about the weirdest things.

I thought it was so strange!! Nice, but strange. And yes, the pushiness is what put me off. Offering was really nice and kind of cool, but when DH said no thanks and she just kept going...

Oh no! So glad you remedied this! I can't imagine taking a Disney trip without commemorating it with a castle picture.

I would have been devastated had I realized this at home!! So glad we took the time to get the photo.

This is sweet!

Thank you!

Those canvas letters came out so cute!

Sounds like a nice relaxing afternoon doing some of DS' requested rides and seeing the Tangled show. Cute pics in front of the castle!!

OoOo can't wait to hear what else you squeezed in!!

Thanks! Definitely a favorite souvenir.

It was nice having a little time to do some re-rides, even if it was busier than we had experienced during the week.

Such a bummer you didn't get on Space Mountain this trip - especially, as you say, you didn't get on last trip either with being pregnant!

That's nice DS got on a few of his picks while his sister slept during your last few hours in the park.

The Tangles show looks fun - though definitely an odd situation with the woman and the friend who does the cast art

The name arts are really cute - I especially like Delilah's!

Glad you got the family Castle pictures!!!

Yes SUCH A BUMMER! It just never lined up for us, even with 5 park days!! I sure hope we can remedy it next time, although who knows when that will be?!

I think he enjoyed the one on one time with us in the park, so it was nice that we were able to make that happen while she napped.

I felt a little guilty picking Rapunzel for her when at the time she was really into Ariel, but she has since joined me in becoming a big Rapunzel fan, so it all worked out!! lol

Me too! I would have been devastated to get home and realize we never took them!

Can't wait to hear more!!

Thanks!

As we were standing in line for the photos in front of the castle, the announcement played overhead that in just 15 minutes, the Soundsational parade would be heading down Main Street. We had really been planning to leave the park as soon as the Tangled show was finished, but both DH and I heard that announcement, looked at each other, and almost without words it was decided we were going to stay for the parade! Lol It was one of those things that was NOT part of the plan, but finally in a good way!!

We found a spot over behind a bench that was still open, but in direct sunlight so it wasn’t ideal but we made it work. I really wanted a Mickey bar (something else I hadn’t done yet all trip!) so I went over to the nearest cart behind us, but the CM didn’t have them there and pointed me in the direction of a cart near Frontierland that had them instead. I thought it would be too far away and I wouldn’t have enough time (I was thinking of MK where Frontierland doesn’t have an entrance from the hub) so I went back to DH and the kids. When he pointed out to me that the cart was only a few feet away, I decided to run over and get one. Well, DS was upset that he hadn’t been quick enough to come with me to the cart, so by the time I got back with the Mickey bar, he was sobbing and then getting even more upset because he was making his face paint run with his tears. I think it had just been a long week for him and he’d finally reached his breaking point!

Disneyland 07-090

Disneyland 07-091
DD was ready for the parade!

Disneyland 07-092

Disneyland 07-094

Disneyland 07-095

Disneyland 07-096

Disneyland 07-098

Disneyland 07-099

Disneyland 07-100

Disneyland 07-101

Disneyland 07-102

Disneyland 07-103

Disneyland 07-104

Disneyland 07-105

Disneyland 07-106

Disneyland 07-107

Disneyland 07-108

Disneyland 07-109

Disneyland 07-110

Disneyland 07-111
DS had decided to spend the parade sitting in the stroller

Disneyland 07-112

Disneyland 07-113

Disneyland 07-114
And soon enough, DS was out…

And that was the last photo DH took on the DSLR of this trip! It was officially time to head out of the park. As much as we would have loved to stay longer and squeeze out every bit of magic we could, we still had a lot to pack and we had a very early wakeup call the next day.

I have to say, ending this trip with an impromptu viewing of the Soundsational parade reminded me SO much of when we did the exact same thing on the last evening of DS’s first trip when he was only 18th months old. DD loved it this time as much as DS did that time!

We exited the park and made the walk back to Wyndham Anaheim. When we got back to the room, we decided the quickest and easiest thing for dinner would be for DH to go pick us up a pizza from Little Ceasar’s, so he brought DS with him to do that while I moved everything that still needed to be packed into our bedroom so that we could finish packing once the kids were in bed.

DD was eating some fruit while I did this, and was being so silly at the table.

IMG_3468

After we ate and bathed, we got the kids to bed and DH and I finished the very important task of finishing off that ice cream we still had in the freezer lmao. We got the packing finished and were in bed around 8:30 since our alarms were set for 4:15 am!

The next morning we got up when our alarms went off at 4:15 and we left as quickly as we could to get to LAX a little after 5 for our return flight home at 8 am. We still had to return the rental car and take a shuttle over to the airport so we wanted to give ourselves plenty of time. Security went as quickly as it can with 2 kids and tons of stuff.

The flight was pretty uneventful, as we were luckily able to bring DD’s car seat on board. We boarded with family boarding and picked the last row, with DH across the aisle from us. We had free wi-fi for the duration of the flight, so DS and DD both watch Disney channel the entire flight, DS on his iPad and DD on my phone until she finally fell asleep.

IMG_2555

IMG_2557

We got in to New Orleans around 3:30 and had a 2 hour drive home from there, but all in all, it was a decent travel day! And just like that, our 12 day adventure to the west coast had officially come to an end!!

Thanks SO SO MUCH for following along with our extra long and packed full trip. I hope you enjoyed!! I'll post the link again for anyone who would like to check out the trip DH, DS and I took back in September to Universal Orlando. I will likely be my last TR for awhile, unless I decide to do one on the podcast forum about our Viking Italy cruise with Pete, John, Kevin, Craig and Ryno from the DIS Unplugged crew!! Really looking forward to that trip and getting back to Venice! We are trying to make a return trip to Universal sometime next year, so I may have that to carry me over until our next big family trip, our very first Disney Cruise Line vacation! We are traveling for Mardi Gras week in March of 2019 on a 7 night western Caribbean cruise on the Disney Fantasy, and I can't wait to check another type of Disney vacation experience off of my bucket list!!

Universal Orlando Trip Report In Progress: "It's Because This Wand CHOSE Me!"

Yay for getting to see Soundsational! That's a great way to end the trip. And even better that you finally got to have a Mickey bar!

I'm glad everything went smoothly when returning home!

Thanks for sharing! OMG how did I not know you started a Universal TR?! Heading there now! And I hope you do a TR for the Italy cruise!

I have to say, ending this trip with an impromptu viewing of the Soundsational parade reminded me SO much of when we did the exact same thing on the last evening of DS’s first trip when he was only 18th months old. DD loved it this time as much as DS did that time!

Wow, how cool to have those parallels! Looking at your photos, this looks like a really interesting beautiful parade!

We had free wi-fi for the duration of the flight, so DS and DD both watch Disney channel the entire flight, DS on his iPad and DD on my phone until she finally fell asleep.

Good choice!

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us! Now I'll just continue to enjoy your Universal TR :)

Great way to finish off a DL trip! And I love that you ended it the same way you ended DS's first trip, I think it's cool when life circles back like that.

I'd love to read about your March Italy cruise! I remember how much you loved your last Italy visit; I am sure this one will be just as amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!