• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving Week Reservation

jakespop

Proud DVC Owners
We are approaching our 7 month booking window later in the week and options are becoming limited. We am waitlisted at Boulder Ridge (our home resort) but don't like our chances

This trip would include 8 adults - 6 college age kids and 2 parents.

What I'm seeing available right now is
2 Bedroom options at: OKW and SSR

For giggles I checked in on Studios or 1 Bedrooms configurations that I could make work and see that both the Grand Floridian and Poly have studios available (currently)

I hadn't thought about 2 studios but like the idea of the proximity to monorail, boats etc

OKW looks to provide largest space but not a huge fan of buses only. SSR has close proximity to Disney Springs which "may" be of some interest to the kids.

They will spend most of their time in parks.

Any feedback on going the Studio route? I assume I'd have to call Member Services to book 2 rooms anyway so I can inquire about getting the close together.

We are approaching our 7 month booking window later in the week and options are becoming limited. We am waitlisted at Boulder Ridge (our home resort) but don't like our chances

This trip would include 8 adults - 6 college age kids and 2 parents.

What I'm seeing available right now is
2 Bedroom options at: OKW and SSR

For giggles I checked in on Studios or 1 Bedrooms configurations that I could make work and see that both the Grand Floridian and Poly have studios available (currently)

I hadn't thought about 2 studios but like the idea of the proximity to monorail, boats etc

OKW looks to provide largest space but not a huge fan of buses only. SSR has close proximity to Disney Springs which "may" be of some interest to the kids.

They will spend most of their time in parks.

Any feedback on going the Studio route? I assume I'd have to call Member Services to book 2 rooms anyway so I can inquire about getting the close together.
Many members in your position book 2 studios. You can do it online, just have to book one then the other - MS has to do it the same, so no sense waiting the hour for them to open. Once you’ve booked them, chat/email/call MS, give them both confirmation numbers, and ask them to put a “traveling with” notation on them. That lets the room assigners know you’d like to be close together. Keep in mind that only Poly studios and VGF Resort studios can connect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter