Thank you gift ideas (for a trip to Disney)

Hannahinwonderland

DIS Veteran
So my friend is taking me along on a Disney trip with his family. This family, to be frank, can buy anything they want so I am trying to figure out how to come up with a meaningful thank you gift for them! The trip will be 6 adults, my friend and I (twenty somethings), and 2 small kids. Should I maybe just get something for the kids? Is a thank you gift required? I am feeling a bit lost!

The trip is in a few months, so I have some time to plan. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!

I don't know how long the trip is for but I would consider treating your friend to dinner at a nice local restaurant.

Is a thank you gift (or correspondence) required? I would think so but but my niece might say I'm lost in the past (assuming she thinks about it at all) <insert angel to imp emoticon here>.

Have fun!

the most meaningful gifts are sometimes the least expensive gifts. the first thing that comes to mind as they have 2 small kids, is maybe give the parents some adult time. Would you and your friend be comfortable with the 2 kids for a couple of hours in the park or maybe in the evening time. Im sure the parents would really appreciate some kid free time.

the most meaningful gifts are sometimes the least expensive gifts. the first thing that comes to mind as they have 2 small kids, is maybe give the parents some adult time. Would you and your friend be comfortable with the 2 kids for a couple of hours in the park or maybe in the evening time. Im sure the parents would really appreciate some kid free time.

I actually already suggested this to my friend (I am even in education so it would be no big deal at all!) but it turns out one of the adults coming along on the trip is the babysitter, so no need for that :)

I don't know how long the trip is for but I would consider treating your friend to dinner at a nice local restaurant.

Is a thank you gift (or correspondence) required? I would think so but but my niece might say I'm lost in the past (assuming she thinks about it at all) <insert angel to imp emoticon here>.

Have fun!

That's an idea, although I think my friend would be a bit resistant to me paying for a meal for him knowing our respective financial situations.

In these kinds of situations, my go to is usually Etsy. I try to find something unique and personalizable. This way even though they can afford to buy their own stuff, you aren't just getting them a thing. You are getting something they normally wouldn’t think about. Something that doesn’t have to be expensive, but they can tell you put some thought into. Etsy is full of tons of Disney themed items. Shirts, jewelry, bags, scarves, photo books, water bottles, etc. You could get something personalized, with the date or their names, for them to remember the trip by.

In these kinds of situations, my go to is usually Etsy. I try to find something unique and personalizable. This way even though they can afford to buy their own stuff, you aren't just getting them a thing. You are getting something they normally wouldn’t think about. Something that doesn’t have to be expensive, but they can tell you put some thought into. Etsy is full of tons of Disney themed items. Shirts, jewelry, bags, scarves, photo books, water bottles, etc. You could get something personalized, with the date or their names, for them to remember the trip by.

I love this idea. What about a personalized Disney Christmas ornament (if they celebrate) from Etsy with the dates of the trip on it? That's an easy "family" gift that isn't expensive if you're low on cash, but is very thoughtful!

These are all great suggestions! Thank you!! I think I will aim to do the photo album (They have purchased photopass but they are busy people & I can see them not getting around to actually making an album out of it) and I also got my friend a cute hat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter