Test Track or Soarin’?

Test Track is a must do for our family...one of our favorites! I don't like the single rider line because I like to ride with my family, but it does move pretty fast.

I never got the hype surrounding Soarin'. IMO, the most overrated attraction at WDW.

Test Track

I find the new Soarn' to be pretty boring and, post FOP, find the ride underwhelming. I still recommend it as its relaxing and cool!

Really? What about it do you not like?

It's just not nearly as interesting as it used to be. Dark with some Tron-like lighting, there's not much to see in there. I miss being sprayed by "acid" and the crash test.
Also not a fan of how they make your whole party design a car together, when the point of the ride is comparing designs. The last time I rode with my sister we told them we were each a party of one so we could do our own.

I just went the first weekend of November and because we FP Frozen we did standby for TT. We were in the park and to test track at 9:25 on a 9:00 opening. We ended up waiting over 90 minutes and were off the ride in world showcase at 11:15. When we got in line the wait was posted at 40 minutes. It was definitely the way that they merged in FP. I would highly recommend FP if you can.

I'm hijacking this thread and adding a component...

Let's add Frozen into the FP+ mix...which of three is a better use of FP+? We were planning on RD TT, then doing standby for Mission Space and then Soarin', then doing the WS after lunch.

I'm hijacking this thread and adding a component...

Let's add Frozen into the FP+ mix...which of three is a better use of FP+? We were planning on RD TT, then doing standby for Mission Space and then Soarin', then doing the WS after lunch.

I watched YouTube of Frozen ride with my 8 year old daughter and she thought it looked boring. She is over the Frozen thing.

I watched YouTube of Frozen ride with my 8 year old daughter and she thought it looked boring. She is over the Frozen thing.

I went on that ride (don't judge me!!) and thought it had a ton of potential, but is very sparse!! Like whole rooms with hardly anything going on.

But as a family with a DD9 who hasn't been on the ride yet, do you think you'd rather wait in a 45-60 minute line for it, or just FP+ it? We are going Feb 1-8 if timing helps with your comments.

For me, Test Track. I was so profoundly disappointed with the new iteration of Soarin' that I don't even have a desire to go back on it. If I had never been on it, though, and recommending to a new park-goer, I'd say the opposite. FP Soarin', because its line is awful. Test Track line has a little more to look at.

But as a family with a DD9 who hasn't been on the ride yet, do you think you'd rather wait in a 45-60 minute line for it, or just FP+ it? We are going Feb 1-8 if timing helps with your comments.

I would definitely do all you can to get a FP for Frozen. It's a slow-moving line. S-l-o-w. The queue area is quite pretty, but you are still in very tight turnstiles going nowhere fast for a long, long time.

i would never FP Test Track cuz it’s single rider line goes very fast.
I don't want my kids sitting with strangers if at all possible, so we wouldn't be using the single rider line unless we absolutely had to.

I love both rides, but I don't fastpass EITHER of them. If I am spending the whole day in Epcot, I am probably going to include FEA in my touring that day. I ALWAYS fastpass FEA. Its not that I like FEA better than Soarin or Test Track. Its that the standby lines for FEA are INSANE. I am NOT waiting in that standby line. Soarin's standby line is better since the third screen opened. Test Track always has single rider as an option. If I am hopping, I generally get my fastpasses at another park. If I am riding FOP it MUST be fastpassed, so they are in AK. If I am not riding FOP, I generally put the fastpasses in MK, as more time is saved by fastpasses in MK than anywhere else except when FOP is in the picture. I actually haven't done a day with ONLY Epcot and HS and NEITHER MK nor AK.

We RD Test Track and FP Soarin', as it's quicker to get to Test Track from the entrance. When we've done Soarin' we feel like we are walking back on ourselves to get to Test Track.

Soarin', 100%. My fiancé and I both did Test Track for the first time last March and we both did not enjoy it. Very boring, jerky, just did nothing for either of us (I know, I know, we're in the minority on that one!). Soarin', however, took our breath away. Much, much better use of a Fastpass, in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!