Terrie's Fear- Can I really do this??? Comments are welcomed!!

baby1disney

DIS Veteran
Hello. My name is Terrie and I'm starting this journal as a way to vent..congratulate..or any other emotion I may/will go thru. I'll tell you about how my journey got started:

It started in January 2010 and of course..it was after the holidays with all the yummy food..candy..drinks..food..I'm sure you get the picture. And..most importantly..it was the new year and of course..most of us do the dreaded new years list. It was the middle of January and I had gotten a gift card and decided that I'll buy some shirts cause I really didn't have any. I went to my local Wally World and pulled like 4-5 different shirts to try on. I pulled all 3Xs and out of all the ones I pulled..only ONE fitted and it was barely! I left the store and headed right home. No one was home and I weighed myself. A
whopping 375lbs I had gotten to and I couldnt believe it!! :scared1: I had NEVER EVER been this huge in my life!! So of course..what do I do???? I go out and order fast food large sized with an ice cream!! And the whole time I
was sitting there eating it..I was crying my eyes out!!! How did I get to this point and more importantly WHY did I get to this point?!?

I was(technically..still am) married to a man who loved me for just the way I was and as well as my beautiful son. But..I wasn't happy because I would look at other parents playing with their kids and how much energy they had. I mean all I wanted to do was sit and eat. And that wasn't fair to my son who all he wanted was his mom to play with him and I debt want to.

Things got worse throughout the year between me and my husband. We've been having problems and I think it really started when I started school back up again..although I'll admit..he's been very supportive and helpful with it. But I think deep down inside..he was/got a little bit insecure and that created a whole lot of problems. Our problems we had was way more than just me going back to school. His family played alot into it..well mostly the mother because she wouldn't let go of her 'baby' and he didnt want her too either. I'll always love his family because they've helped out a lot with certain things and still do now..but they need help and no one really gives a hoot to try.

It got to the point that we started fighting every other day as at least twice a month..it would involve physical fighting. I'm not one to lose my temper so quickly, but he really knew how to push my buttons. But the last straw was when he hit me in front of my child. We've hit each other before, but never in front of my son..that I can recall right now.

Of course..I would never find anyone..I'm ugly..fat..a dog and every other name in the book. And this was just when we would 'argue'!! I started walking and exercising later that late spring..early summer. By the time summer
ended..I had lost about 40lbs!! I was so excited that I could fit into a size 3X again!!

I kept on working out..working a lot(I'm a banquet server and we get really busy sometimes where I swear I'll lose 5-10lbs in a weekend!!) and I really wasn't eating either. The final straw came for me this past winter when my husband smacked me in front of my son and the horror on my sons face is something that I never EVER want to see again!! After I got thru that..I got my license back and my own car!! I felt really good again and started losing weight again!! I've lost 106lbs so far and I'm keeping it off!! I'm getting hit on by guys that never would've talked to me before and even some that did bit because I was with my husband..I was off limits. It does feel good to go out on dates and even tho I'm still very self conscious about how I look..it feels great to be on the arm of a good looking man and he's not embarrassed to be
seen with me.

Oh and my husband and I are separated and will be getting a divorce here very soon. I'm very happy right now with it just being me and my son here at home. My husband had gone thru some counseling and is a different man..but I just can't go back to being unhappy and fighting all the time! We spend just about every Sunday together for my sons sake..btw it's his stepfather..not blood father he spends time with...and even some of these Sundays are a bit much! I know that it takes two for a relationship to fall apart and I take responsibilty for my part, but anyone who knew me and my husband would easily tell you that it was mostly him and his temper/mouth that caused it and I've warned him many times about it.

I've been told that weight gain is usually due to something stressful and sometimes..dangerous in peoples lives and I so believe it!! While it's been a struggle doing certain things on my own, it feels good to know that I did it and show my son that anything can be done and accomplished if you set your mind to it!!

I've just graduated/finished school and I walk in October to receive my Assosicate's!!! So I'll end this on a positive note. Please feel free to comment if
you would like!!

Thanks for 'listening' to me and hopefully I can inspire someone else that may be or have gone thru what I have!! If I can do it..so can you!!!:cool1::goodvibes:thumbsup2

So last night..I had a breakdown and ordered two McDoubles..medium fry and a large Coke. Plus candy and whatever other sweet I could get my hands on. Today has been a lil bit better..but I've only eaten a bowl of soup and had a 16oz Vernors. Dinner will be soon but I don't know what in having because I'm going to have it with my mom and sister..so who knows where we'll go!!

I shall return!!

Dinner never happened last night because my sister and Mom got into it so I had to settle for soup!!

Today was a good day!! Had a wonderful lunch with my brother and his boyfriend/fiancé and my brothers friend..who I just found out recently..has been crushin on me!! Lol he's not my type at all..but he's a sweetheart and really funny!! So who knows where this may lead to..

But..I'm goin to attempt to get some kind of sleep before 7-715 am which is two hours away!!! Gotta get the kid ready for school!!

Be back later!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter