Teppan Edo: Sharing allowed?

firstwdw

DIS Veteran
Has anyone shared an entree at Teppan Edo? Say we have 2 adults and a child and we order one adult meal and one child meal? NO dining plan, paying out of pocket. Not trying to be cheap, we just don't eat a lot and seems silly to pay for a waste/throw out food.

Heading back for our 2nd visit there this May.

On our last visit I saw a couple sharing, but as PP mentioned, the portion size is smaller than what you'd expect from other restaurants.

We plan to share a meal as well, but fully expect to leave with plenty of room for desert.

Back in 2012, our party of 2 adults and 2 kids shared 2 adult entrees. I had been concerned since I know portion sizes are smaller but they happily gave us extra rice which helped. On top of that, we were still pretty full from a very filling table service lunch earlier that day (even though we went to Teppan Edo for 7pm!). We were on DDP too and they were incredibly gracious.

Thank you! I also like the idea of sharing 2 adult size meals, that might better meet our needs if portions are smaller. Thank you! We are excited to try i in a few weeks. Looks fun and yummy!

Yes you can split an entrée at Teppan Edo.
That said, it is one Disney restaurant where I feel the portion sizes are on the small size. I leave satisfied but never stuffed. I would not share there, it would not be enough for us
I was going to say exactly this. We leave satisfied but it's by far our "least-filling" TS meal.

I am going to throw in an observation that I've made about teppanyaki restaurants in general and not Teppan Edo in particular. It depends on where you are seated whether or not you would feel you had enough food to share. We are a party of three, and I have had the experience of sitting on the end. I have also had the experience of not getting any vegetables or other items that are distributed among all diners at the table. They are just not very precise in the portion sizes. I also make the observation that it is better to order something that nobody else is ordering because then you will get the portion you paid for. I know it sounds petty, but I just don't like fried rice, at all, to the point that I always substitute steamed rice. They are usually very slow with the steamed rice. I actually have a problem with paying $50 for a cup of steamed rice when I ordered teppanyaki vegetables and shrimp, for example, which is essentially what happened the time that I sat on the end and they ran out of the food before they got to me.

i thought the portions were tiny at teppan edo...but then again, i was eating vegetarian at probably the worst restaurant at WDW to do that :)
although my dining companians are carnivores and i definitely thought their portions were on the small side..

Yes, portions are quite small. I too leave feeling satisfied, but definitely not full. I dont think its enough for two to share. But to each their own.

I always love Teppan Edo towards the end of a WDW trip. I leave so satisfied because of the wonderful balance of flavor... and I do not feel stuffed..

I love Teppan Edo, and never felt the portions were small, but after thinking about it never leave feeling overly stiffed either.

Not to resurrect an old thread but I was considering sharing a meal with DW as well since we're not big eaters. Plus, we'll be on the DxDP so am I correct in thinking that having the appetizer as well will suffice to offset the smaller portions?

Not to resurrect an old thread but I was considering sharing a meal with DW as well since we're not big eaters. Plus, we'll be on the DxDP so am I correct in thinking that having the appetizer as well will suffice to offset the smaller portions?

we had an appetizer, main, dessert and drink..
i was still pretty hungry at the end...

it wasn't a massive amount of food

I am going to throw in an observation that I've made about teppanyaki restaurants in general and not Teppan Edo in particular. It depends on where you are seated whether or not you would feel you had enough food to share. We are a party of three, and I have had the experience of sitting on the end. I have also had the experience of not getting any vegetables or other items that are distributed among all diners at the table. They are just not very precise in the portion sizes. I also make the observation that it is better to order something that nobody else is ordering because then you will get the portion you paid for. I know it sounds petty, but I just don't like fried rice, at all, to the point that I always substitute steamed rice. They are usually very slow with the steamed rice. I actually have a problem with paying $50 for a cup of steamed rice when I ordered teppanyaki vegetables and shrimp, for example, which is essentially what happened the time that I sat on the end and they ran out of the food before they got to me.

I totally agree with this.

Small portions at this restaurant.

My travel companion and I are light eaters, and Teppan Edo leaves us hungry. I imagine that diners with average appetites might be even more disappointed with the portions. We always plan to get a snack or dessert after dinner at Teppan Edo.

We wouldn't even consider splitting a meal there. But, as always, your mileage may vary.

Do you think we would be ok to split a meal if we were going during Food and Wine and planning on hitting up some booths?

Do you think we would be ok to split a meal if we were going during Food and Wine and planning on hitting up some booths?
Who is “we”? How old? What kind of appetites do you have?
I answered this over a year ago. I would not share even though I go during Food & Wine. I am a 125 pound, older lady with a medium appetite. It is not enough food for us to share.

Who is “we”? How old? What kind of appetites do you have?
I answered this over a year ago. I would not share even though I go during Food & Wine. I am a 125 pound, older lady with a medium appetite. It is not enough food for us to share.

We, my husband and I, have medium size appetites, but it is for lunch with dinner at Yak and Yeti later that day, plus food booths.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter