Tell me your favorite things to do when staying at PVB

kniquy

DIS Veteran
We were lucky enough to switch our first 3 days of our April trip to PVB. I am trying to gather info on interesting/lesser known things to do when staying at that resort.

So far on our list:
-My 12 yo twin boys want to rent the small boats for an hour (thank goodness there is a 30% AP discount)
-Watch the fireworks from the beach (do they pip the music to the beach?)
-Take the kids to trader sams for some mocktails, cocktails and apps

Please add to my list of must do's for PVB. We are beyond excited to stay there and want to take in as much as we can.

Your list is great - I would say Trader Sams is the funnest - make sure you get there before (8pm I believe) the cut off for little ones to have to leave nightly. The drinks and food are fun and if they don't know about the "entertainment" I wouldn't tell them ahead of time.

We like to walk from PVB to Grand Floridian and back while waiting for the fireworks to start. The stretch of beach between the two resorts is the nicest. You can grab a Mickey bar in the PVB quick service and walk right out the path from there.

Swim in the quiet pool - it's much less crowded and more relaxing - kids can play catch in there without bumping into others.

Get some kind of silly picture in front of Tiki statues all over resort.

Catch a nightly movie sitting on the grass/turf just behind the ceremonial house.

Walk to the monorail station and catch a ride to Epcot.

Grab a Dole Whip from the walk-up counter.

Cook a meal on the gas grills.

The Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show is fun to try if you haven't done it before, and they let the kids dance on stage during the show. It's a little pricey and 2 credits on the Dinning Plan, but worth a least doing it once.

Thanks for all the ideas. We were lucky enough to secure a few nights this Thanksgiving. Planning 2 down days just to enjoy the resort.

Ohana feast room service!
I saw a Dis video on it and it looked so good, so if we can't get actual dinner reservations this will be a great option to still enjoy the food.

Planning 2 down days just to enjoy the resort.
I was originally planning days with only a little break (couple hours) but now that we are staying at Poly i am so looking forward to a long afternoon break to sit by the pool and calling it quits a little early to hit trader sams and watch the fireworks on the beach.

I second the twilight feast! The quiet pool! The entire resort is fabulous! The fireworks at night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter