Tell me the "weather" where you live.

Four weeks ago right now, we had pulled out of the driveway and by now, we were in upper SC I-95 on our way to the Fort. Every day we were there, it was high 70s to mid 80s.

Now reality has set in. I was out from 7:30 pm until 8:00 am this morning putting out ice melt on parking lots and walkways. Tomorrow morning, I'll be heading out to be plowing possibly 6"-9" of snow. I'm sure I won't finish until Sunday afternoon.

Don't get me wrong. For NC people who plow snow, this is a financial treat. But in about ten years, my Januarys and Februarys will have much more Fort time and some of these young bucks can have those future snowstorms.

Bread, milk, and eggs was wiped out yesterday. Local news having a field day at Wal Mart yesterday interviewing people. They are going nuts here. I've already been working car wrecks with FD this morning. Mainly sleet so far.

Bread, milk, and eggs was wiped out yesterday. Local news having a field day at Wal Mart yesterday interviewing people. They are going nuts here. I've already been working car wrecks with FD this morning. Mainly sleet so far.
Sad part is, is that up here in NEPA, we get a lot of that too.... A rush on the "Staples" for just an inch of snow. Might understand it down south, but up here where it's more "common place", I just don't understand.

Me? I learned to drive in the snow. My first car was a 1972 Dodge Demon (uni-body rear wheel drive with no weight in the back).

1972demon_page.jpg
(picture is not my car but this is what it looked like.... Colors and hood scoops)

Of course being about 17 and not a lot of money.... new tires was a challenge. Snow tires weren't even an option. I used to love taking that car to an open field or parking lot after a storm and go and do doughnuts with it.:drive: Usually with my bald summer tires.:car: I learned a lot doing that too. It was great for figuring out how the car handles with little worry of hitting anything. Now-a-days... that doesn't happen. Ah.... the good ole' days! :-)

We got 5 inches of "Global Warming" late last night to early this morning. Temps down around 28 tonight, by this weekend we will have highs in the 10's and lows around 0. :cold: I would still rather have our cold winters than the south hot summers.

That makes me and you both happy!! :D

I don't like long, cold, dreary, snowy winters, but I can handle the long hot summer days!! In fact, not just 'handle' them, but thoroughly love and enjoy them!

By the way, haven't heard too many of our southern friends saying they can't wait to retire and head 'north'!! But, sure have heard some 'northern' friends saying they can't wait to head 'south'!! :goodvibes

Actually, we do enjoy a good snow, but then back to bare ground! Where we live now, are expected to have between 6-9" tonight/tomorrow. We don't have to get out in it, so will really enjoy it!

For you folks up north, this is no big deal. But here in NC, they're calling for 9 tomorrow night and 0 Sunday night. Come on man!

For you folks up north, this is no big deal. But here in NC, they're calling for 9 tomorrow night and 0 Sunday night.

We're having a heat wave,
A tropical heat wave,
The temperature's rising,
It isn't surprising,
She certainly can can-can.

:beach:

NW Vermont it is 15 with low of 9. No snow in forecast until Tuesday.

It's finally ended here in Meridian. Mostly sleet, but there was about 1/4" freezing rain mixed in. About an inch of sleet. Nothing major. Now our big deficit in the south is our abilities to maintain the roads. It's freezing in the roadways and we have no system to remove it except to wait for the sun to come up. The doors on my truck are literally frozen shut, so no worries about me being on the road.

Plan to hit the deer stand in the morning.

Today's high at WDW is 62 with T-storms all day. Low is 30.

At home in Tn it is 11 and feels like -1. With 3 inches of snow on the ground.

Ice storm of 1-3 inches predicted tonight thru Mo day. I'm beyond crazed because we can't leave Monday. We have extra days built in, but damn I want out of here! Hoping Tuesday's warms temps and rain will help.

Weather folks sort of blew it this time. All they kept saying was 6"-9" of snow. "Only snow", they kept saying.

It rained and rained Friday until late into the night. Then it finally started freezing. But that was sleet and freezing rain. It finally snowed a little bit. We have about an inch of ice and maybe an inch or two of snow. I'd much rather have all that snow versus this much ice. Not going to get above freezing until Tuesday,

Weather folks sort of blew it this time. All they kept saying was 6"-9" of snow. "Only snow", they kept saying.

It rained and rained Friday until late into the night. Then it finally started freezing. But that was sleet and freezing rain. It finally snowed a little bit. We have about an inch of ice and maybe an inch or two of snow. I'd much rather have all that snow versus this much ice. Not going to get above freezing until Tuesday,

Greg Fishel said all along that there was a very uncertain 'band' right over Raleigh. We got 5 inches of snow N.of Falls Lake in W. Co. There is a light layer of sleet underneath. Beautiful, but treacherous this AM.
Our only rain was a very little Fri. afternoon, then a changeover to sleet and all snow.

I'm almost afraid to post because so far every time I have, the weather deteriorates! I'm watching the ice fall from the sky and bounce off the snow. Our departure was supposed to be tomorrow but thanks to a sideline because of our truck it will be hopefully Tuesday. I hope the warmer temps expected permit a endow for our escape.

Greg Fishel said all along that there was a very uncertain 'band' right over Raleigh. We got 5 inches of snow N.of Falls Lake in W. Co. There is a light layer of sleet underneath. Beautiful, but treacherous this AM.
Our only rain was a very little Fri. afternoon, then a changeover to sleet and all snow.

Greg said everything. I saw him talk about the possible sleet or rain. They changed so often, the only thing he didn't forecast was sunny and 80 degrees.

You know, I just never invisioned my truck with ice cycles
View attachment 213785
Ice_bike_theicebox_com-300x199.jpg

As opposed to Icicles?

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!