telephone question

Sue F UK

Florida keeps me poor...but happy
Since becoming addicted to the DIS I have been spending an inordinate amount of time on the internet. A problem I am sure you will all sympathise with, my dear DIS friends, is that nobody can get through to our house, least of all DH when he phones from work (something he does far too much in my opinion!) We have 1571 which takes messages but it doesn't solve the problem.

The obvious solution is to get another phone line installed. Has anyone done this, and does it cost a fortune?

All thoughts and suggestions gratefully appreciated as DH is grumbling away at me on a daily basis.

Sue,
there is some software you can buy that will tell you if someone trying to ring,

the blurb on the box says never miss another call while on the internet again

don't know whats its like,

me, I'd rather play here than talk to people trying to sell me double glazing on the phone

p.s it also might be my M-I-L so its best don't answer!!

One solution to not having two lines, is to have a cable modem installed, which is what we have. It doesn't take up a telephone line and also gives you permanent high speed internet access, without having to dial in, as the connection is always there. We bought the modem for £150 but they can be rented through the cable company, and pay £25 per month for access, no other costs. I have to say, that I was very reluctant at first to part with the money, however, I would not go back to dial up access now if you paid me!

I have BT's Home Highway :)

I find it suits me fine as we have our office at home so I have one line in for the phone, one for the fax and the ISDN connection for the PC which is a really fast connection.

We then have the ordinary BT line into the house.

We are moving soon and have just arranged for the same configuration at our new house as the PC has the ISDN Modem fitted.

It costs me about £15 per month for Internet Access 24/7 and as I use if for work as well, do all my banking etc. etc. it works our really good value for money for us :)

I've put my mobile number on to my 1571 answer message so my theory is if it's that important people will ring me on that! :)

Astrid x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter