"Tarzan" troubles on B'way??

Our 5th grade class takes a trip to see a B'way show every year for graduation. Our first choice was Tarzan but they could not guarantee that we would have all unobstructed views so the idea was canned. I mean, really, how do you decide who gets the good seats and who gets the bad ones.

I saw Footloose at the Richard Rodgers Theater a few years back (Theater that Tarzan is at). We were three rows from the back in the Orchestra section.

It was awful. The tickets cost as much as any Orchestra seats but we missed a lot of the show. One scene took place in the gym and part of the action involved actors swinging on ropes, couldn't see it at all.

A later scene took place on a Bridge that was elevated a bit off the stage floor, by bending way over the side and trying to look through the shoulders of the people in front of us, we could see up to the actor's waists.

Beware if you are thinking of going to see Tarzan. Make sure you are not in the back 10 rows of the orchestra as you will have an obstructed view of anything a bit off stage level and since Tarzan is all about swinging through the trees, you'll miss half the show.

I had the same experience at Wicked. We paid for orchestra seats, but the last three rows miss a lot of the action. I won't make that mistake again.

Bicker-
Wasn't Wicked great? we have seen it twice and can't wait to see it again. I am hoping to see tarzan opening week- I'm curious since the previews have had alot of troubles-

Wicked was pretty good. The book was better, though. :)

bicker said:
Wicked was pretty good. The book was better, though. :)

Really? I'm glad to see you say that. I bought the book, but I haven't started it yet because a friend told me it's horrible and that the musical is a million times better. She told me not to read it because it will make me not want to see the musical.

The sequel, Son of a Witch, was horrible, but the original book was worthy of being called a classic someday.

Wicked was pretty good.
You know, of course, that Wicked was produced by Universal Studios. Not only are they hoping to make a movie version, but rumors are that mini-versions might soon show up at their theme parks. It's Universal's attempt to to get into big time Broadway and take some of Disney's market.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter