Target 5% off on passes?

JenniferFolsomCa

Mouseketeer
If I buy our park tickets at Target, like spending the $199 for 2 parks, only 1 per day, do I still get the 5% back on it so it makes the tickets a slight discount? Did they close that loop hole? I asked the cashier the other day and she didn't know.

Jenn

Try it with a lower value gift card first, like a $20 iTunes card. If that works, the pass should work as well.

You can buy them with the red card for 5% discount. Target codes those as “entertainment” cards rather than gift cards, so get the discount. Actual Target and visa gift cards are not discounted.

Remember you can also get regular $50/$100 cards you can use for food, merchandise, etc!

Edit: I’ve also had cashiers be surprised about that. Then when I explain that they could also do it, as well as getting general cards for other restaurants they frequent, they get very excited! I wonder if they can also use their employee discounts to get a larger discount...

I know the $50.00 Entertainment Cards are 5% off for some reason I think it didn't work on passes but I'm trying to remember back to 2011 when I researched that. The problem is that the employees will not know. Like someone said, the cashiers are surprised that you get 5% off of the Entertainment cards. If you find that it does work please post it!

I know the $50.00 Entertainment Cards are 5% off for some reason I think it didn't work on passes but I'm trying to remember back to 2011 when I researched that. The problem is that the employees will not know. Like someone said, the cashiers are surprised that you get 5% off of the Entertainment cards. If you find that it does work please post it!

It works. I recently bought a two-day park hopper for my dad and used my RedCard. Got 5% off. The cashier who checked me out was not only aware, but advised me to get the Disneyland app for when we went, ha ha. She was also an AP holder but we do live about 45 minutes away from the parks so not terribly surprising. I also bought Disney gift cards and got the 5% off but my store has a limit of five gift cards per day ($250) per person so I had to go back the next morning to get the rest, pretty annoying but they've had issues apparently.

It works. I recently bought a two-day park hopper for my dad and used my RedCard. Got 5% off. The cashier who checked me out was not only aware, but advised me to get the Disneyland app for when we went, ha ha. She was also an AP holder but we do live about 45 minutes away from the parks so not terribly surprising. I also bought Disney gift cards and got the 5% off but my store has a limit of five gift cards per day ($250) per person so I had to go back the next morning to get the rest, pretty annoying but they've had issues apparently.
I wonder if I was just completely oblivious to this or the Costco and AAA deals were better in 2012...that’s great to know! I didn’t know there was a limit though. This year I won’t get to Target at all before we go but good to know in the future! Thanks!

As an additional tip, usually sometime in December Target will have the store gift cards 10% off. You can buy those and then use them to buy Disney Gift Cards or tickets.
I did do that once or twice!

I wonder if I was just completely oblivious to this or the Costco and AAA deals were better in 2012...that’s great to know! I didn’t know there was a limit though. This year I won’t get to Target at all before we go but good to know in the future! Thanks!

I was just in Costco today and looked for Disney gift cards but didn't see any. I wonder if it's regional?

I was just in Costco today and looked for Disney gift cards but didn't see any. I wonder if it's regional?
I looked recently and couldn't find any either. In November and December 2012 they had a deal on Park Hoppers. For DH, my daughters and I (actually my youngest wasn't even one yet) we did a AAA Disney Vacation Package. 15 other family members were going at the same time and we were able to get their Park Hoppers at Costcos in the PNW at a discount--they weren't able to get them where they live in Wyoming and Colorado. I remember going to multiple Costco locations so I don't remember if they ran out or if there was a limit on how many you could buy because I had to go to three Costcos but I was able to do it on the same day. I just looked around really quickly a couple weeks ago just to see and couldn't find any. Our Costco changes so often though that it is difficult to know if something is gone or just in a new location.

Another cost saver, find a credit card that gives cash back at grocery stores. I have one that gives 6%, but Disney gift cards/tickets at the local store for the discount. Usually pays for the dog boarding fees :)

Not at Costco in my area either. I did see gift cards at Sam's in Folsom, Ca that were slightly cheaper and also saw actual tickets, not discounted at Target but it sounds like I would get my 5%.

If you have Meijer in your area they currently have a promotion within their rewards program that for every $100 you spend in gift cards, you get $10 in rewards ( to spend at Meijer). Our Meijer always has Disney gift cards so I'll be stocking up for our upcoming trip.

They do not, and have never, carried Disney Gift Cards. The Costco deals back in the day were buy tickets get a free Disney gift card, discounted tickets, etc. Never straight up gift cards so you haven't missed anything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!