Talk to Me About the Merrytime Cruise

aliceinvunderland

Mouseketeer
We are looking at booking a a cruise in November, which means it will be a Merrytime Cruise. We love Christmas, but I’m a little worried that it will be SO Christmas-y that we will lose a little of the Disney that we love so much. For instance, I always love the Disney music that is played throughout the ship—will this be 100% Christmas music instead? Will the funnel vision movies be mostly Christmas ones? Will all the entertainment be Christmas themed? Or will everything be the same as it is the rest of the year, but with a hint of Christmas?

We are looking at booking a a cruise in November, which means it will be a Merrytime Cruise. We love Christmas, but I’m a little worried that it will be SO Christmas-y that we will lose a little of the Disney that we love so much. For instance, I always love the Disney music that is played throughout the ship—will this be 100% Christmas music instead? Will the funnel vision movies be mostly Christmas ones? Will all the entertainment be Christmas themed? Or will everything be the same as it is the rest of the year, but with a hint of Christmas?

You said you love Christmas you will love a Merrytime Christmas cruise. Beautiful decorations throughout the ship.

It’s a little bit of a mix. There’s still plenty of Disney music and normal movies on Funnel Vision. You still have the normal nightly shows and variety acts.

The biggest difference are the extra holiday activities (tree lighting, Christmas ball in the atrium, Santa and cookies, and a winter deck party) and the decorations. If you like Christmas youll probably enjoy the extras while you’ll still get the normal Disney stuff too.

DH and I are doing our first VM this year too. I am so excited I can't stand it. We have never booked a vacation that far in advance - and I started buying Xmas decor to do my door after this past Christmas. I even bought Xmas PJs just for the cruise to go to breakfast in (if I have the nerve).

@Love2Cruise2015 I want to do the gingerbread house, it is on the top of my wish list for that cruise. Where do you sign up? Guest services? Did they offer more than one time to do it? And I guess you have no choice but to eat it since you can't take it off the boat. :santa::yay: Also, any other don't miss events or activities we should make note of?

@aliceinvunderland I am sure you will get a lot of answers (thanks for asking the question because I want to know too) but if it is anything like the Halloween cruises they will have themed events, decorations (I hope they have a lot of Christmas ones), themed merchandise in the stores, but the rest of the cruise good ole DCL.

DH and I are doing our first VM this year too. I am so excited I can't stand it. We have never booked a vacation that far in advance - and I started buying Xmas decor to do my door after this past Christmas. I even bought Xmas PJs just for the cruise to go to breakfast in (if I have the nerve).

@Love2Cruise2015 I want to do the gingerbread house, it is on the top of my wish list for that cruise. Where do you sign up? Guest services? Did they offer more than one time to do it? And I guess you have no choice but to eat it since you can't take it off the boat. :santa::yay: Also, any other don't miss events or activities we should make note of?
When my family and I did the Verry Merry Christmas Cruise in 2017 (Eastern Carribean) I had to sign up for the gingerbread house making at the excursions desk on deck 3. I had gone to guest services when I got on the ship and they redirected me to go to the excursions desk and it was offered, I believe, twice daily on the days at sea. I am not sure which way to direct you to go as I have heard on other discussion boards that people were allowed to sign up at guest services. That is the only activity that I can think of that you can’t sign up for when your activity window opens ie character breakfast, meet and greets, etc that are normally offered. Another thing I should mention is that some people brought extra candy to decorate their houses with but I thought what they provided was plenty.

From my experience, it's basically Disney with a Christmas overlay, just like in the parks.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter