Taking two teen girls

ozziejen2000

Earning My Ears
We are doing Disney for 3 days. What are some other non park ideas for the girls? They will be 13 and 14.

We plan to do Kennedy Space Center, Beach day, mini golf, Wonderworks. We are staying at WBC and have a rental car. We are skipping Universal and Sea World this trip, did them last trip.

We really liked Gatorland - my son and nieces were a bit younger then 10 and 11, but I'd say even at 13 and 14 they'd enjoy it as our whole group of 3 generations enjoyed it. Waterpark and shopping would by my two other thoughts.

Will second Gatorland - I wasn't expecting our girls to love it as much as they did. My parents are minutes away from Honeymoon Island. It's a beautiful, well kept secret. The sponge docks in Tarpon Springs are great and they offer a lot of cheap dolphin cruises. Busch Gardens is a favorite of our family as well. Tampa really is a nice area.

I have a 14 year old girl, and we often travel with her BFF, same age. If you are staying at a resort with a pool, I would recommend just having a relaxing pool day. Let them sleep in late, and just chill at the pool for the day. Maybe go to Disney Springs in later afternoon for shopping and dinner.

On a side note, if you can, pick up an extra Disney Gift card before you go (available anywhere including most grocery stores, Target, etc.) and set one aside for each teen for shopping. I know my DD likes having her own card and having a set amount she can decide how to spend (as opposed to asking us "can I get this? Pleeease?")

I have a 14 year old girl, and we often travel with her BFF, same age. If you are staying at a resort with a pool, I would recommend just having a relaxing pool day. Let them sleep in late, and just chill at the pool for the day. Maybe go to Disney Springs in later afternoon for shopping and dinner.

On a side note, if you can, pick up an extra Disney Gift card before you go (available anywhere including most grocery stores, Target, etc.) and set one aside for each teen for shopping. I know my DD likes having her own card and having a set amount she can decide how to spend (as opposed to asking us "can I get this? Pleeease?")

Totally this. I have a 14 year old DS and we travel often with his best bud. Honestly, they love chilling at the resort at WBC. Swimming, pool, ping pong, mini-golf, just relaxing in the room. A down day is nice for sure, we kind of just let them do their thing. They also like Disney Springs, especially the Coke store and the lounge on the top with refills (there's a certain number of fills in a time period and they see that as a challenge! But then again, they're guys)

And totally ditto on the cards, in fact pick up a pack of them from BJ's or Sam's. And REGISTER THEM! That way, when one of them drops and loses one, you just log on and move the balance to a new card. Easy peasy and has saved our bacon a couple of times now. Gift cards also allow us to split up in the parks and the guys can get snacks and stuff on their own without carrying a wad of cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!