Taking middle/high school kids out...do you take homework?

Update post conference:

The 7th grade teachers were fairly receptive. Since my son has a 99 average in pre-algebra that teacher said she would give him an exemption from the test. Science average is of the same calibare so that teacher is doing the same. History grade is very high and that teacher agreed to exempt him. He will have to do some extra work in English but he will be exempt from that test as well. The problem we ran into, that was not an issue last year, is they now have final exams the week before Christmas holidays. Our school system has adapted a schedule that is easier for the high schools or this is what our BOE tells us. In previous years finals were in January. We will probably have to change our dates after this year.

Originally posted by kel3420
There are times in our family, where we have to take into consideration social and emotional issues, rather than academic. Actually, we have the full blessings of all his teachers, even MATH! This obviously is not going to be the case for every family, but for mine, this vacation is exactly what we need right now.

I certainly agree with you. Sometimes a *break* from our day-to-day *reality* is JUST what we need to help us thru! Only you know what is best for you and your kids - that's what's important here - taking care of your family. Have a GREAT trip- forget about your troubles, and have a ZIPPITY-DO-DAH DAY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter