Taking all my pix off Photobucket....

kimmar067

TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!
.....since Photobucket decided to do a 'bait-and-switch' kind of move [personally, I thought it was very SLEAZY of them to just decide to charge their users an exorbitant amount of $$ without any forewarning], I have been trying to figure out how I can download all my saved albums from Photobucket onto a zip drive (memory stick). When I click the "Download" button, it doesn't even ask me where I'm downloading it to.....I tried it twice but it says I was unsuccessful....how can I transfer all my saved pix on Photobucket onto a memory stick, or even on my DH's laptop [for the time being]....?

I just want to know that all my pix will be safe....no telling when they might deplete them, since I have no intention of paying for their services....

I just want to know that all my pix will be safe....no telling when they might deplete them, since I have no intention of paying for their services....
I found this by searching for "how to download photos from photobucket to memory stick":

How can I download all my photos from Photobucket?
Need to download all of the images in an album?
  1. Find the album you want to download by first navigating to the Library.
  2. Select the Album you wish to download.
  3. Look in the lower right corner of the page for "Album Action" and find the link to Download Album.
  4. Validate that you are a human by sliding the arrow.

....I did all that - where, exactly, is it downloading to? Then I got an "Error" message.....

....I did all that - where, exactly, is it downloading to? Then I got an "Error" message.....

That's what happened to me also :headache:...I finally ended up downloading EACH individual photo back to my computer (I changed computers 3 years ago...old one crashed and I'd failed to save photos to anything but Photobucket and Snapfish). It was VERY time consuming and a "royal pain in the bu**"...but got it done and then transferred to Smugmug before my purchased "time" ran out. I missed a few albums but have been able to do the same thing from Snapfish. Before deciding this I'd contacted Photobucket and asked why my albums weren't downloading...all they said was "it's a problem we've been having with our site; we should have it fixed in a couple days". WELL...that's been 2 MONTHS ago so I'm guessing it "didn't get fixed". :rolleyes1 I have no words to say how ANGRY :furious: I am with Photobucket for their insane decision! :furious: :tink:

That's what happened to me also :headache:...I finally ended up downloading EACH individual photo back to my computer (I changed computers 3 years ago...old one crashed and I'd failed to save photos to anything but Photobucket and Snapfish). It was VERY time consuming and a "royal pain in the bu**"...but got it done and then transferred to Smugmug before my purchased "time" ran out. I missed a few albums but have been able to do the same thing from Snapfish. Before deciding this I'd contacted Photobucket and asked why my albums weren't downloading...all they said was "it's a problem we've been having with our site; we should have it fixed in a couple days". WELL...that's been 2 MONTHS ago so I'm guessing it "didn't get fixed". :rolleyes1 I have no words to say how ANGRY :furious: I am with Photobucket for their insane decision! :furious: :tink:
ah. FEEL. yor. payne.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!