• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Take a trip or wait????

DMickey28

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br>Comes from a very
Ok...I am a senior in college living in my first apartment. I went to WDW the last time in June and I don't know if I will be able to live without for a whole year. My question is....do I use the money that is put aside for my rent in the spring to go on a trip in the fall when rates are down then make up the extra money working? or do I hold off for a better trip in the fall of 2002 when I will be getting my first real job and settling into a career.....I think I may need to take a few summer classes to finish up in time, so....

I really feel I need a disney fix. I have two hoppers with one park day on each and three extra's (PI, water parks). ANy advice would be helpfull? I just don't know if I should risk using the money, then work a little harder to make it up????????

I know the smart thing to do....I don't know the DIS thing to do???? :D

IMHO, the answer is to wait until you have disposable income.

Paying rent is a need, a trip to WDW is a want.

I'm sure that is not what you were hoping to hear. The ability to postpone "wants" is a sign of maturity.

WDW will still be there next year. Wouldn't it be a great way to celebrate graduation and landing a good job?

Best wishes!

of course the smart thing to do is to not spend money that you need for bills. Don't get yourself buried. It isn't worth it.
BUT...a trip could be do-able if you intend to use the passes that you already have and will work to not spend. This would work by finding rock bottom prices for everything. Is driving cheaper? Is it a possibility? Can you share expenses with someone? Food is a big expense...buy some and pack it for your time in FL.
With some planning it may work. Try to make some extra money before you go, but don't spend money you need.

Of course, rent is more important! But maybe you could try to earn some quick cash and take a mini-trip.

If you keep watching for bargains on airfare, maybe you could get a really good rate, book a room with a discount from Mousesavers (at one point you could get a room at AS for $49) and just go for a long weekend, like 4 days. Since you have days left on your passes, I would think you could do this pretty inexpensively. Also, if you'd be going with someone else, that would defray the costs of your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter