Swan vs offsite for convention - pls help me decide

K

KGM

I'll be attending a convention at the Orange County CC for the first several days of our June trip and will then be finishing up with several days at Disney (Swan). My dilemma is that I can't decide if I should stay closer to the convention center for the first part of the trip, or just stay at the Swan for the entire time. (Price would be the same for both places). I'll be renting a car but plan to take advantage of some early morning sessions at the convention so I'm thinking that it might be better to stay closer to the CC on those days rather than drive in from the Swan. I'll be travelling with my teenage son so I love the idea of him being able to come and go as he pleases if we stay onsite. Can someone please offer some advice? As our trip is drawing closer, I'm really having a hard time deciding. I thought I was fine with splitting the trip between two places but after reading all of the wonderful posts about the Swan, I'm wondering if we should just stay there the whole time.

KGM,

It's been a while since I've been their but a few of my trips were inconjuction with conventions also. I stayed near the convention center for one trip and then stayed onsite for my next two trips. I will be going again and will be choosing to stay at Disney EVERY time. The drive and parking at the convention center are no big deal. But by staying on site the "magic" is worth it. I would not usally go into the parks after working all day but it was nice to go to Pleasure Island, Downtown Disney, Hoop Dee Doo or whatever else in the evening. My vote is for onsite.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter