SW Credit Card Offer

Disney Princess

Member Since Day 1
I received an email from SW offering me the Visa card with a bonus 60,000 miles. We have never done this card, and I'm interested in getting it for the bonus miles. I'm pretty sure we'll cancel it before next year so we only have to pay the one $69 annual fee. I have a few questions before I sign up.

1) Once I've earned the bonus miles, if I cancel the card do I keep the miles? I just need to wait for them to transfer to my RR account, right?

2) I can only get this bonus every 24 months. Has anyone had any luck signing up every 2 years? We're thinking my husband and I can alternate each year and keep getting the bonus miles.

3) Is 60,000 the best I can do? I think that's the max I've seen, but I don't want to sign up if a better offer comes every so often.

We may end up keeping the card - we'll see. We already have a no annual fee AmEx that has an easy travel redemption program, and my husband has the Chase Sapphire Reserve that we'll keep. Just looking to bump up the miles account. I know SW offers the anniversary bonus, but I'm not sure we want that many cards as we like to use the other two regularly to earn rewards. More cards means the rewards are more spread out.

*Disclaimer - we charge EVERYTHING each month and pay off our cards in full. We carry no balance and pay no interest. I'm aware that if we didn't do this, we defeat (at worst) or minimize (at best) our value of the bonus miles.

Thanks!

I received an email from SW offering me the Visa card with a bonus 60,000 miles. We have never done this card, and I'm interested in getting it for the bonus miles. I'm pretty sure we'll cancel it before next year so we only have to pay the one $69 annual fee. I have a few questions before I sign up.

1) Once I've earned the bonus miles, if I cancel the card do I keep the miles? I just need to wait for them to transfer to my RR account, right?

2) I can only get this bonus every 24 months. Has anyone had any luck signing up every 2 years? We're thinking my husband and I can alternate each year and keep getting the bonus miles.

3) Is 60,000 the best I can do? I think that's the max I've seen, but I don't want to sign up if a better offer comes every so often.

We may end up keeping the card - we'll see. We already have a no annual fee AmEx that has an easy travel redemption program, and my husband has the Chase Sapphire Reserve that we'll keep. Just looking to bump up the miles account. I know SW offers the anniversary bonus, but I'm not sure we want that many cards as we like to use the other two regularly to earn rewards. More cards means the rewards are more spread out.

*Disclaimer - we charge EVERYTHING each month and pay off our cards in full. We carry no balance and pay no interest. I'm aware that if we didn't do this, we defeat (at worst) or minimize (at best) our value of the bonus miles.

Thanks!
Once I've earned the bonus miles, if I cancel the card do I keep the miles? I just need to wait for them to transfer to my RR account, right?
The RR points will automatically be deposited in your RR account. You can cancel the card at any time and you will get to keep your points.

I can only get this bonus every 24 months. Has anyone had any luck signing up every 2 years? We're thinking my husband and I can alternate each year and keep getting the bonus miles.
Chase is pretty strict. If they see the same household continuously applying, canceling and applying again under a different name, they could deny you the card or just the bonus. It may work for a few years but will eventually catch up to you.

Is 60,000 the best I can do? I think that's the max I've seen, but I don't want to sign up if a better offer comes every so often.
I think that's the best you're going to see as far as the number of bonus miles is concerned. However, there may be offers out there that waive the annual fee for the first year.

Once I've earned the bonus miles, if I cancel the card do I keep the miles? I just need to wait for them to transfer to my RR account, right?
The RR points will automatically be deposited in your RR account. You can cancel the card at any time and you will get to keep your points.

I can only get this bonus every 24 months. Has anyone had any luck signing up every 2 years? We're thinking my husband and I can alternate each year and keep getting the bonus miles.
Chase is pretty strict. If they see the same household continuously applying, canceling and applying again under a different name, they could deny you the card or just the bonus. It may work for a few years but will eventually catch up to you.

Is 60,000 the best I can do? I think that's the max I've seen, but I don't want to sign up if a better offer comes every so often.
I think that's the best you're going to see as far as the number of bonus miles is concerned. However, there may be offers out there that waive the annual fee for the first year.
Thank you so much! I'll keep in mind your warning about signing up too often. And, I think I'll hold off for the offer with no annual fee the first year. We're still stocked up in miles with the 100,000 bonus miles from CSR, so I can afford to wait.

I would get both southwest cards now. Ones annual fee is $69 and the other $99. They both offer 60,000 miles for 2k spend. However, after you meet the spending requirements for both cards you will have over 110000 points and thus have a companion pass for all of 2018 meaning your husband can fly with you for free.

I have recently signed up for both the Plus and Premier and received 60,00 for each (2x60,000 =120,000) which brought me above the 110,000 needed for the free companion pass ( good until Dec 31, 2018). This makes my 120,000 worth 240,000 points if I am able to travel that much. It is my understanding that Southwest is planning to open up routs to Hawaii. You could then use your Chase UR points to pay for your Disney room:rolleyes1
Keep in mind that the 60,000 point signup bonus expires 6/29.

I have recently signed up for both the Plus and Premier and received 60,00 for each (2x60,000 =120,000) which brought me above the 110,000 needed for the free companion pass ( good until Dec 31, 2018). This makes my 120,000 worth 240,000 points if I am able to travel that much. It is my understanding that Southwest is planning to open up routs to Hawaii. You could then use your Chase UR points to pay for your Disney room:rolleyes1
Keep in mind that the 60,000 point signup bonus expires 6/29.

Wow chase lets you open both? I recently opened the plus for DH with the 50,000 points. I was thinking of opening one in my name for the 60,000 points. Now I'm thinking I should just get the premier for DH. We just have so many credit cards already that's why I'm hesitant. We never carry a balance so no problem there. If they do fly to Hawaii that would be fabulous! We are DVC members so could use DVC points to stay there if we wanted. We've hesitated because plane tickets cost so much!

Though I haven't done it myself, I know that there are many, many people who cancel every 2 years for the bonus and I haven't heard anything about people following Chase's rules (bonus only every 24 months) being denied the bonus. I would say that OP could plan to do just what she proposes without any issues.

Wow chase lets you open both? I recently opened the plus for DH with the 50,000 points. I was thinking of opening one in my name for the 60,000 points. Now I'm thinking I should just get the premier for DH. We just have so many credit cards already that's why I'm hesitant. We never carry a balance so no problem there. If they do fly to Hawaii that would be fabulous! We are DVC members so could use DVC points to stay there if we wanted. We've hesitated because plane tickets cost so much!

If you opened your SW card within the last 3 months, I would contact Chase and ask them to match the 60,000 miles offer. Many people in the credit card thread had luck getting Chase to give them the additional 10,000 miles.

Yes you can have both personal cards and the SW business (also has 60k bonus but higher min spend). And agree with @Jen and Ashwin if your dh opened his plus within last 90 days, ask chase to match the current offer.

Yes, I just did it this week applied for both in the same day. I'm still waiting on both cards to arrive. Just remember that you need to spend a total of $4K in 3 months to get the points.

And I did it in hopes of flying to hawaii with the companion pass.

Yes you can have both personal cards and the SW business (also has 60k bonus but higher min spend). And agree with @Jen and Ashwin if your dh opened his plus within last 90 days, ask chase to match the current offer.

Yes, I have both personal cards. Mine had been opened within the last 90 days. I did secure message Chase on the Chase website and they did match the current offer. Now I just wish Southwest would fly nonstop from MSP. But you can't beat free.

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I'm going to hijack yours! :rotfl:

How often does SW offer the 60,000 mile bonus? I'm waiting to apply/open a new CC until I see what the flight schedule is for our trip next year. Based on their recent calendar, I think they'll open up dates (for end of April) sometime in August/September. Do they do this offer more than once a year?
I'm hesitating because at this point, they don't have a great selection of NS stops from PHL. I really only want to book with them if the schedule changes for April.

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I'm going to hijack yours! :rotfl:

How often does SW offer the 60,000 mile bonus? I'm waiting to apply/open a new CC until I see what the flight schedule is for our trip next year. Based on their recent calendar, I think they'll open up dates (for end of April) sometime in August/September. Do they do this offer more than once a year?
I'm hesitating because at this point, they don't have a great selection of NS stops from PHL. I really only want to book with them if the schedule changes for April.

its the highest seen for the past 2 years. although 50,000 is pretty common.

historical-offers

Source: https://www.uscreditcardguide.com/chase-southwest-plus-credit-card/

I have never seen a 60,000 offer. It is typically 50,000.

And the annual fee is charged on the first statement, to prevent people from getting the miles and then cancelling, like so many were.

until I read this thread I was all set to apply for the business SW ,I think I may go ahead and cancel my premier wait a few days and apply for that instead, anybody have any datapoints on actually doing this? I really want to save that business slot for the Ink

Just FYI, while there is a $69 annual fee you also are gifted 6,000 points on your card member anniversary every year, as well as 2 free drink coupons, so the $69 fee is basically refunded to you via those points/drinks.

Just FYI, while there is a $69 annual fee you also are gifted 6,000 points on your card member anniversary every year, as well as 2 free drink coupons, so the $69 fee is basically refunded to you via those points/drinks.

Have they changed this? Didn't it used to be $69 fee gets 3000 points? $99 fee gets 6000 points?

Just an FYI, the annual fee is never waived on this card, at least in the last 8 years that I have been rotating through them. 60K is the best you will get for their sign-up bonus. For the $99+$69 annual fees, you get 120,000 points plus companion flies free until Dec 31, 2018. It is an amazing deal!

Has anyone on here received the free drink coupons? If so, please tell me how! I have put a fortune on the cards and always keep each one for at least a full year, but have never once received a drink coupon. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter