supermarket near the cabana bay?

laurab84

Mouseketeer
Evening everyone. Me and my family are heading to the cabana bay for a few days next July before we head over to disney. It'll be my 5 year old 1st ever trip and our 1st trip without a car. My question is a quick and easy one, is there a supermarket within walking distended? We're from the uk and I'm hoping to stock up on water, cheetos, pop tarts etc
All the fun stuff we don't get here, especially mountain dew! Just trying to work out the best way to do this without a car. Thanks everyone!
Laura

May I ask how you're traveling from the airport to the resort? I ask because the ride service that we use makes a grocery store stop for us on the way to the resort.
Also....I had no idea there was NO MOUNTAIN DEW in the UK!!! My kids and I are beginning to plan a trip there for next summer possibly.....maybe we'll pack a some Dew to share with our new British friends when we get there!! :)

And here I love visiting the UK because your food is, for the most part, real food with real ingredients and I feel GOOD when I eat there...and you find American stuff fun. :(

At the VERY least find Mexican-bottled Mountain Dew with actual sugar, not lab-created HFCS. It'll taste better.

I know of no walking-distance store.

You could take the Cabana Bay bus to the entrance area and then walk to the Walgreen's on I-drive from there. It is about a 15 minute walk. We did this last year. Walgreen's is not a grocery store but they do have some grocery items and definitely have what you are looking for. There are also many cabs sitting at the bus drop off you could take if you do not want to walk there. I would probably take a cab back to Cabana Bay with your groceries as it would get quite heavy to carry.

the walgreens store plus a few more in that mini cart area near pbh, is walkable.
would cost $5 for a cab ride back to the hotel from that walgreens.

Asda, Tesco and Sainsbury all sell Mountain Dew in the UK and has done for a while. Not the large bottles but they do have it.

Our local village shop has it too. Getting easier to buy everywhere here.

From Cabana Bay you would be closer getting a cab to the Walmart on Turkey Lake Road........only a few minutes drive and you can everything you need there.

The closest grocery store to Cabana is Whole Foods on Turkey Lake (1.5 miles). Followed by Publix on sand Lake (2 miles) (There are actually two Publix's across the street from each other in Dr. Phillips) and the Super Walmart on Turkey Lake south of the Whole Foods (also 2 miles). The walgreens mentioned by another poster is 1.5 miles from Cabana also (in the opposite direction) Walgreens is much closer if you are at Portofino or Hard Rock, but not Cabana.

There is a Speedway gas/convenience store (Formerly Hess) behind universal only 1/2 mile from Cabana on Turkey Lake.

Note that Whole Foods is a higher end "organic" style store. Publix is a standard US Supermarket.

I live just behind (west of) Universal so it's very familiar to me.

Asda, Tesco and Sainsbury all sell Mountain Dew in the UK and has done for a while. Not the large bottles but they do have it.

Our local village shop has it too. Getting easier to buy everywhere here.

From Cabana Bay you would be closer getting a cab to the Walmart on Turkey Lake Road........only a few minutes drive and you can everything you need there.

Ah yes they do, but it's different here! I couldn't drink it last time we went as I was heavily pregnant.

And here I love visiting the UK because your food is, for the most part, real food with real ingredients and I feel GOOD when I eat there...and you find American stuff fun. :(

At the VERY least find Mexican-bottled Mountain Dew with actual sugar, not lab-created HFCS. It'll taste better.

I know of no walking-distance store.

That's why us British like america, our food has no added crap! Although our food is lovely, your fresh fruit is amazing! Ours taste of nothing.

May I ask how you're traveling from the airport to the resort? I ask because the ride service that we use makes a grocery store stop for us on the way to the resort.
Also....I had no idea there was NO MOUNTAIN DEW in the UK!!! My kids and I are beginning to plan a trip there for next summer possibly.....maybe we'll pack a some Dew to share with our new British friends when we get there!! :)

We're just using a bus transport, if we do get a private transfer then yes I'll ask. We do have a sort of mountain dew (it has the same name) but has none of the added stuff like yours so is fairly tasteless. I'd defiantly bring some over

There is a Publix grocery store on Kirkman Rd (4606 Kirkman). It is maybe a little over a mile from Universal. You just go out to the Universal Kirkman entrance, make a left drive straight. I think it is the 2nd or 3rd light and it Kirkman Oaks shopping center is on the left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter