Super Sidekicks September Exercise Challenge

Congratulations Elizabeth Smith for turning Olaf Orange!

Another sidekick in Frozen is Kristoff's reindeer companion, Sven. Sven is a loyal friend who also serves as Kristoff's conscience, persuading him to do the right thing. Some of Sven's portrayal is based on dogs (especially Labs), but one dog-like trait actually is common to reindeer too -- they scratch the back of their ears with their legs. To help the animators with Sven, the filmmakers brought a real reindeer into the studio.

Congratulations to the team for reaching Olaf Orange! :Pinkbounc:cool1::banana::cheer2:

And more congratulations to Twilight Sparkle for being the first team member to reach Pascal Purple! :flower1::jester:

Pascal, from Tangled, is Rapunzel's pet chameleon and really her only friend while she's in the tower. Although he does not speak, he communicates pretty well (and though he does not speak, actor Frank Welker provides sound effects). Pascal is based upon a real chameleon owned by one of the the animation artists.

Last edited:
No color changes to report today.

Today's sidekick is Terk (short for Terkina), Tarzan's gorilla friend in Tarzan. Originally male, the character was changed to a tomboy female after Rosie O'Donnell auditioned. According to IMDB trivia, producer Bonnie Arnold said, "You don't have to be a guy to be a best friend." (Though honestly, there don't seem to be that many female Disney sidekicks.)

Unusually, O'Donnell provided the voice for both young Terk and adult Terk (apparently they couldn't find a girl who could match O'Donnell's sass).

I (sophy1996) have turned Pascal Purple.

Tangled features another non-speaking but very communicative sidekick--Maximus, the horse of the Captain of the Guards. He is unswerving in his mission of capturing Flynn Rider, but eventually relents. Like Pascal, his sound effects were provided by Frank Welker.

Honestly, along with the floating lanterns, I think Maximus was one of my favorite parts of Tangled!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter