Sunrise Safari worth the extra $?

Sunrise Safari

• Yes, spend the money cheapskate

• No, not worth the extra time, move & $

Results are only viewable after voting.

Samsma

DIS Veteran
Now that we've decided on AKL, another question comes up. I might splurge on the conc. level for our last night, (Mon) so we can get up and go to the Sunrise Safari then leave right after for home. Is this worth the extra for the room, cost of safari itself, plus one day lost on my hopper tickets? (Still have to pay admission to AK even though we'd be leaving right after safari)-

Extra for conc. $150
Safari for 4 - $175
AK admission for 4 from hopper tickets

Thanks for putting up with me and my endless obsessing!

Personally, I wouldn't miss it.

But we are not leaving right after the safari. So we will do the AK that day and not lose a day on our hoppers.

That's a tough call. I don't know if I would do all that.

Anyway you could change your ressies, so you wouldn't lose a day on your passes. Maybe do concierge on your first night, if it concides with a Tuesday or Saturday.

That being the case - I don't think I could justify it to myself.

Good luck with the decision.

This is a tough call. I just don't know if I would use up the extra day on the hoppers. Do you have plans to go back later at all?

Yes, the SS is a don't miss but in your situation it is different.

Maybe you should just leave it up to chance. Check-in to your normal room and ask for an upgrade to conc. If you get the upgrade, then it was meant to be, do the safari. If you don't then you won't have to use that day on the hoppers just for the safari.

Are you going at a busy time of year.

If you don't mind paying the extra and using those days on the hoppers then go for it.

Floridafam- Getting there on July 5, technically value season, but I don't know how busy it is then. That is a great idea. Do people often get a comp. upgrade at AKL. What would enhance my chances? By that time, I would expect all the slots for the Safari to be full though. They say to reserve early. Of course, they would say that.

You are probably right. The sunrise safari probably would be booked but you never know.

It sounds like you really want to go. Are you planning on going back to WDW to use that other day on the park hoppers? If not then I would use it for the SS.

Are you specifically adding on a day to the park hoppers just to do the safari?

I bought five day hoppers with 2 plus features because they were a good deal. So if we don't do the safari we'll still have two days left and maybe 2 plus's if we don't do a water park this time. If we do a water park, it'll probably be the first day, then only two days at the regular parks, leaving us 3 days for the next trip.

I don't know. Do what you would feel comfortable with. I guess if you have already got the hopper tickets-one day less isn't going to be too bad.

I guess I would not count on the posssible upgrade that I mentioned because it could be real busy at that time.

I would recommend AKL Concierge wholeheartedley to anyone because they can take advantage of the food, PS's set up by concierge, etc. but you are just adding on to do the SS and in this case, I don't know if it's worth it. I just mean I don't know if I would spend $150 just do be able to do the SS and then pay $175 for that.

If you do book concierge, go down to the front desk early that day and see if you can "check-in" to concierge-you may have to move rooms. If they let you stay in your same room and just add the concierge access onto your current room keys then, by all means, enjoy the concierge priveledges for as long as you can.

Are you going to be at one of the parks on Monday? Would this interfere with your ability to take advantage of any of the concierge offerings that day?

Again, they may make you switch rooms. Will you be around on Monday to do that? Would it be a hassle to have to check out of your current room at 11 and not have a concierge room ready until 3 or 4?

You can always ask for an upgrade when you check-in. If you get it, then you won't have to worry about switching rooms.

Sorry to make this sound so confusing.

Cost of 1 night Concierge...................... 150.00

Cost of Safari Passes..............................175.00

4 wasted Park Hoppers...........................100.00

Watching a giraffe have his breakfast.......... Priceless

>>^..^<<

Originally posted by Samsma
Do people often get a comp. upgrade at AKL. What would enhance my chances?

No. AKL concierge stays pretty booked now even at regular rates. I know July 5th is technically value season but it's still a holiday weekend and it will be crowded.

Samsma, my situation is a little different, but along the same theme.

DH, DD, and I check into the AKL on 12/6. We are staying concierge the first 3 nights (will check out on 12/16) in order to take advantage of sunrise safari (also, to have the extra help in securing a CRT ressie for DD 3rd b-day!). While I couldn't justify the cost for the entire 10 night stay, 3 nights won't be too bad. Plus, my TA found out I won't have to change rooms (I want a 2nd floor room all along). I understand your concern about the passes, but in all honesty, when you look back on this are you going to be disappointed that you didn't do it, or are you going to be disappointed that you used up an extra day on your pass? My guess is that the regret will come from not having done the Sunrise Safari, not from having used an extra day on your park hopper. It'll be a pricey venture, but one that, IMHO, is worth it!

Enjoy your trip!

Erin :D

Okay everyone, you've talked me into it. Now if its not all booked up, we'll be in business!

It was AMAZING! The best reason for AKL concierge even though the concierge was fantastic. There is nothing like the sunrise safari at Disney. It was truly an experience my husband and I will never forget. We has giraffes stick their heads into our vehicle and rhinos running around us. It was just such a unique and amazing experience. We will be doing this again when our tollder son is old enough to appreciate. it. For me, it is a MUST DO!:D

I know you made up your mind already but I also had to voice my opinion. DO IT. Its a truly wonderful experience and I can't think of a nicer way to end your Disney vacation. It will be a highlight.

Thanks everyone! I wouldn't have done it if not for this thread. I'm so excited about this trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter