• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer - But When????

DisneyPinDad

Spenser's Dad & Buddy
We are looking at going again (4th trip) in 2004. We know a couple things:

We will stay at the Contemporary

We want to go when it's warm

We can't go during the school year

SO.....we have to go in June, July or August.

Having been several times (1 in June, 2 the week after Thanksgiving) we don't really mind the crowds TOO much.

SO......what's your opinion?????

Mid-June???

July (but not the 4th)????

August?????

What would you do and why?

Thanks!!!!!!!!:jester:

DisneyPinDad

2000 - Dixie Landings (gone but not forgotten)
2001 - Off-site (nice, but never again)
2002 - Wilderness Lodge

Mid and late August are very hot, but the crowds are starting to go down. Many schools start towards the end of the month, so crowds-wise, this is the best time to go. You'll have a great trip! :)

We went in August; the rates go down and the crowds thin out! It is hot all summer, so there's no difference there. We have been the week after the 4th of July and it was crowded (hot and thunderstorms, same as August). We would be going the second half of August this year if we could, but my oldest starts football practice for the high school, so we are going the week of July and just hope to see what we can with the crowds.

We have been twice,once arriving on July 7 and once departing July 5.The trip arriving on the 7th was a MUCH better visit!I couldn't believe the crowd difference in a couple of days.The stay through the 4th was MURDER,but arriving the 7th,it was fine(relatively speaking ;) ).There were crowds,but we rode and did everything we wanted and had a blast.That said,my advice would be ANY time but on the 4th.

We always go the third week of August. It's hot, but crowds are a little less. I am a teacher, so having a disney trip right before I go back to work gets me geared up for the school year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter