Suggestions for last day late breakfast or early lunch

kniquy

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at AKV and then heading over to universal for a couple days. On our last WDW day i was thinking of maybe sleeping in (kind of a joke with my DD) packing up and dropping our bags at bell services and going for a late breakfast or lunch. Only 2 in our party will have AP so park restaurants are not an option. Our party will consist of MIL, FIL, DH, 12 Twin boys (who don't mind the characters) and DD4

I was thinking we could do something on the monorail loop -- if so, on the monorail loop what would you suggest? or should we just dine at one of the AKL breakfasts to make it easy?

I might lean towards easy because this is our only relaxing day before 2 days of hitting
Universal

Our check out day is a Saturday if that matters.

CApe May or Whispering Canyon. GF cafe is always a nice breakfast too.

GF Cafe has a combination breakfast/ lunch menu. We ate there last fall . DH got a chicken caesar salad and I got an omlet. We ate after11:00am but before noon.

If you haven't eaten breakfast at Boma yet, then I would definitely do that. The breakfast buffet at Boma is one of the best breakfast buffets at WDW.

But if you really want the monorail loop, then I would eat at the Wave. Do not go to Grand Floridian Cafe. My husband had rock hard pancakes and slow service.

Another vote for Boma. Or, if you really want monorail loop - I actually have had terrific experiences at Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast. Also, howa bout a breakfast buffet at 1900 Park Fare? Food is good and there are some fun characters - not sure who the lineup is now, but we've had Mary Poppins and the Mad Hatter and ... Tigger ? That doesn't sound right...

Another vote for Boma. Or, if you really want monorail loop - I actually have had terrific experiences at Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast. Also, howa bout a breakfast buffet at 1900 Park Fare? Food is good and there are some fun characters - not sure who the lineup is now, but we've had Mary Poppins and the Mad Hatter and ... Tigger ? That doesn't sound right...
Actually you may be right. We have seen Pooh and Mary Poppins when we looked in last year on our way to eat at the GFC.I think it a mix of English Disney characters

bottomless mimosas..
I would love that, but it might make it difficult get to univeral- Lol!!!

The breakfast buffet at Boma is one of the best breakfast buffets at WDW.
I think this might be the way i am leaning - we can soak up the last few moments of our trip and not have to get on a bus to have breakfast.

I'd go for easy and stick with Boma at AKL.
I think we will appreciate a fairly relaxing day before UO --

Do an early lunch at Saana. You can watch the animals one last time before you head out!

We are staying at AKL in December and have an ADR at Saana for early lunch. I agree with above poster, relaxing morning and last views of the animals while dining. Boma is another solid choice. Enjoy!

Ohana has late breakfast...characters are Mickey, Pluto, Lilo, Stitch...I heard they have ham instead of bacon but OP have asked for and received bacon...it's not a buffet (it's AYCTE) so you can sit and enjoy your meal.
1900 Park Fare breakfast was fun...buffet food was good...Mad Hatter very funny, Alice, Mary Poppins, Tigger and Pooh were the characters.

On the Monorail loop, The Wave has a great buffet, IMO, best breakfast on property. You can catch it quicker by bust to MK, then walk to Contemporary. Also, Kona Cafe is a good choice. Another good one, though a bit tougher to reach is Trails End. Bus to MK then catch boat to FW. Stretching a bit further, Olivias Cafe is tasty too. But right in your back yard at AKL, Boma. Tasty and unique.

Ohana has late breakfast...characters are Mickey, Pluto, Lilo, Stitch...I heard they have ham instead of bacon but OP have asked for and received bacon...it's not a buffet (it's AYCTE) so you can sit and enjoy your meal.
1900 Park Fare breakfast was fun...buffet food was good...Mad Hatter very funny, Alice, Mary Poppins, Tigger and Pooh were the characters.

'Ohana breakfast is our game plan for our departure day breakfast (despite the bacon debate!). It's a great way to get in a last bit of character fun, and you can take one last monorail ride! :)

Our traditional departure breakfast is always at Boma at AKL! As other people have said, it is by far our favorite breakfast spot and is probably the best buffet on property in my opinion! I don't eat a lot of red meats so it can be difficult for me to find suitable options at other breakfast offerings.

If buffets aren't really your thing and you are specifically wanting to go for a monorail loop restaurant, Kona Cafe is another must-do for us. This one tends to be our arrival breakfast but it would also be a perfect departure meal! They have some really good breakfast options (though I might say they're a bit heavy on red meat for my liking) and, of course, they have Tonga Toast. Not to mention the view from the restaurant is pretty great. I'm a huge fan of watching the monorail pass by while we're eating.

I would love that, but it might make it difficult get to univeral- Lol!!!

I think this might be the way i am leaning - we can soak up the last few moments of our trip and not have to get on a bus to have breakfast.

I think we will appreciate a fairly relaxing day before UO --
Just back from AKL and another vote for Boma or Sanaa! Loved AKL and would want to soak up as much time there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter