Subjects (Like Math, History, Music, etc.) You Simply Do Not Understand And Never Will

It is literally as if he is speaking a different language.

Math is most definitely a language! I think far more kids would "get it" if that was openly acknowledged from the beginning.

And the word mathematics is plural for a reason! To everyone who is listing math - please don't count yourself out of the whole thing because you aren't good at fractions, or geometry, or whatever. There are lots of other areas of math that might be your thing!! It's really a bunch of different subjects all lumped together.

Mine are:

Music - I'm fine with the academic part, but I cannot carry a tune to save my life. I just have no ear.

Spelling - I was a great student, did well in every subject, but I was constantly checking words in the dictionary. Spell-check is one of the best inventions for me ever!

Technology (ironic, I know, considering I just lauded spell check!) - but it's not that I hate tech, I'm just really slow to pick it up. Generally, by the time I'm good and comfortable with something, the newer version is already coming out.

Math. I could get 90's and 100's in English or History or French, but Math? I had to work my hardest just to pass.
My son has never studied for a math test and got 102% on the last one. He just gets it. But music? He HATES it and has to work very hard to get passing grades. He also says music (playing and reading) is like a language he doesn't understand.

Math is most definitely a language! I think far more kids would "get it" if that was openly acknowledged from the beginning.

And the word mathematics is plural for a reason! To everyone who is listing math - please don't count yourself out of the whole thing because you aren't good at fractions, or geometry, or whatever. There are lots of other areas of math that might be your thing!! It's really a bunch of different subjects all lumped together.

There have been some interesting studies that show people, even "math people" like and/or are good at either the Algebra/Calc branch or the geometry branch of mathematics. I am fine with geometry, percentages and fractions but anything else is incomprehensible to me.

There have been some interesting studies that show people, even "math people" like and/or are good at either the Algebra/Calc branch or the geometry branch of mathematics. I am fine with geometry, percentages and fractions but anything else is incomprehensible to me.

Oddly enough, I did well in Geometry, despite stinking up the place in every other math class I took. It just came naturally to me.

I've always heard the same type of thing. In general, "numbers people" enjoy Algebra / Calc and "artistic people" liked Geometry more. Obviously, exceptions always exist. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts