Subjects (Like Math, History, Music, etc.) You Simply Do Not Understand And Never Will

I agree with 2/3 of what you said... :upsidedow

qjXtVep.gif

Higher math.
DH is a mathematician and he doesn't get that it doesn't make sense to me. It is literally as if he is speaking a different language. Now, English, history, bio, lit, I am all over that and did well in school but math does me in! Interestingly, I do "get" music even though there is a correlation between math and music abilities.

The mathematicians don't really know it either. That's why to do anything practical, they have to revert to calculus or below.

Two things:

1. Geometry isn't math
2. The internet works because of magic and electricity (you need both)

I was going to say I was terrible at math because I didn't understand Geometry at all!! Hated it!!
But since Geometry isn't math....I guess I'm good!
Thanks!

I get basic math but nothing more and I don't see a need for it in my life anyways.
Ironically my sister is a Special Ed/Math/Econ teacher and even she couldn't help me with math that I just could not get.

I also don't understand music. I like to listen and I can pick out songs on the piano but don't ask me to read msuic to you.

On the other hand I absolutely love history and anatomy.

Math, anything above basic algebra. Fractions, decimals, and word problems give me difficulty too. My kids know not to come to me for complicated homework. Although the internet has been helpful, lol.

Chemistry did not come easy for me. I just simply could not muster any desire to learn anything about it. I don't need to know why I shouldn't mix ammonia and bleach. Just tell me I shouldn't, and I will believe you. That's good enough for me!

Two things:

1. Geometry isn't math
2. The internet works because of magic and electricity (you need both)

I was going to say I was terrible at math because I didn't understand Geometry at all!! Hated it!!
But since Geometry isn't math....I guess I'm good!
Thanks!

This might explain why I LOVED geometry but didn't much care for any other type of math. I actually looked forward to geometry class every day in 9th grade. Maybe because it's more "visual" than other forms of math. I could "see" the problem right there in front of me.

Dang it I forgot: Art. I can barely draw a stick figure correctly. I may have an idea of something,but am not able to make it. But I do take pretty good pictures, but that is it.

I am so bad at drawing. I have played pictionary on a few occasions only to be laughed at by my family. I laugh also since I am so bad. I love looking at paintings and admire them. I can understand the meaning behind them. Once I saw a picture that my niece had drawn, I said to my sister that it reminded me of Starry Night. She then told me that the drawing was inspired by Starry Night. So it doesn't matter I can't draw, I can still enjoy what I see.

Calculus (love math otherwise), physics, economics, and chemistry were horrible for me in school.

I absolutely love music, I even majored in it!

I was good with all the maths, sciences, finance, English, politics etc. I loved school and was a top student.

Two things I had zero interest in and they were mythology and Shakespeare. I had no interest and never "got" them. When DD came home needing help studying anything, I could help her until those two subjects were on the agenda. I said, " ask your dad.":rolleyes1

I am not a patient person so learning algebra was difficult for me. I have an issue in that if I'm not interested in it, I really dread learning it. Hated geometry. Spanish was another one for me. I would think, "why not just call it a horse???" LOL
Like I said, if I'm not interested in it, I make it more difficult for me.

I ran into trouble in college with physics, economics, and philosophy. In those classes, I garnered enough info to pass but I can honestly say I know nothing about those subjects. I did like the concept of "opportunity cost" in econ, but it's the only thing I remember.

I simply do not get music - at least, the academic aspects of it. I can dig a good tune as much as the next guy. But when people start talking about time signatures, chords, minor keys, flat this and sharp that, they might as well be speaking in Swahili.

The little guy that Mrs. Homie babysits (turns three in December) watches Little Einsteins(?), and it teaches kids about music. They have this sequence where they pat their knees in time to the music, with emphasis on certain beats, and I'm still lost. I remember back in first grade, our music teacher teaching the same thing (patting on the knees in time, emphasis on certain beats), and I was utterly lost. I just gave up and waved my hands around.

Similarly, math has always been my Achilles Heel. I'm pushing 50 and I can barely handle simple arithmetic. Seriously: I almost need a calculator to keep score in pinochle.

Math. :crazy2: I hate math. I see shows about people solving those seriously complex equations, and I'm all....???????????????????????? Anything past basic algebra/geometry makes me cry.
And I'm terrible at distances/sizing. How big was the robber? Um, about two heads bigger than me. How far away were you? Um, about two computer desks. :lmao:

Science is not my favorite, but I get some of it; physics is beyond me (cause the math component, lol).:scratchin

My strengths lie in grammar and spelling. LOL

DH is my total opposite. He can do complex math in his head, and is amazing in science. Can't do a thing with grammar or spelling.

I enjoyed math until calculus. Never got it, never will.

Same with me ad DH. I think math was never something I had to work at or actually think about until I got to calculus. Then it stopped being fun, and by that time in my life I was old enough not to care to make a bigger effort. Also, I had an absolutely crazy calc professor my first semester of college. His curve was immense, so I ended up with a B.

I simply do not get music - at least, the academic aspects of it. I can dig a good tune as much as the next guy. But when people start talking about time signatures, chords, minor keys, flat this and sharp that, they might as well be speaking in Swahili.

The little guy that Mrs. Homie babysits (turns three in December) watches Little Einsteins(?), and it teaches kids about music. They have this sequence where they pat their knees in time to the music, with emphasis on certain beats, and I'm still lost. I remember back in first grade, our music teacher teaching the same thing (patting on the knees in time, emphasis on certain beats), and I was utterly lost. I just gave up and waved my hands around.

Similarly, math has always been my Achilles Heel. I'm pushing 50 and I can barely handle simple arithmetic. Seriously: I almost need a calculator to keep score in pinochle.

I don't so much "not get it" as I just have zero interest in learning biology. Always hated it. Cells, mitochondria...most boring subject on the planet IMHO.

Same with me ad DH. I think math was never something I had to work at or actually think about until I got to calculus. Then it stopped being fun, and by that time in my life I was old enough not to care to make a bigger effort. Also, I had an absolutely crazy calc professor my first semester of college. His curve was immense, so I ended up with a B.

My DH is a mathematics professor and is currently teaching calculus. I sat in on one of his classes to take some pictures for his website, and I had no clue what he was talking about from the first word. I like math, but I never had to take anything above trig, and truth be told, he got me through that by the skin of my teeth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!