Styrofoam cooler

We just took a soft-side one from home, which worked well. Most stuff like that we thought was pretty much priced like it would be at home. Maybe someone will give you a better number, though

did i read on another thread that they don't allow coolers at the pool?

did i read on another thread that they don't allow coolers at the pool?
Yes, that is correct. From Aulani's website:
Prohibited Items
On the pool deck:
  • Coolers (unless for medical purposes)
  • Wheeled items such as wagons, carts, skateboards and scooters.
  • Alcoholic beverages (unless purchased at the Resort)
Perhaps the OP wants the cooler for the car, trips to elsewhere on Oahu, or needs it for medical purposes. We brought a soft sided cooler with us on the plane to hold all our snacks and then we used it frequently while touring (never attempted to bring it to the pool), so they definitely come in handy.

OP here. I actually plan to only use it in the room. We will be in a studio and have a tiny fridge. It will likely be filled with food and thought the styrofoam cooler would be good for keeping just drinks cool in the room.

OP here. I actually plan to only use it in the room. We will be in a studio and have a tiny fridge. It will likely be filled with food and thought the styrofoam cooler would be good for keeping just drinks cool in the room.

WOW-that is a fantastic idea! I am going to have to remember that for next time because we buy a lot of the Hawaiian Sun P.O.G. juice in cans and we go through them like crazy but they take up room in the mini fridge. The mini fridge does have quite a bit of room btw, it is bigger than a standard hotel one, imo

upload_2017-8-3_6-42-59.png

Awesome idea OP! Totally doing that if my parents don't join us and we rent a studio =)

My husband is OBSESSED with having his drinks as cold as ice. Anytime we stay in a studio he takes the rooms plastic trash can (with a fresh bag and after washing the can of course), fills it with ice and packs his drinks in. He will change the ice out as it melts 1-2x a day.

We did bring a soft sided small cooler down to Aulani's beach and out with us when we explored the island. It ended up being a godsend always having a bottle of cold water on us and also being able to bring local food and snacks back to the resort.

My husband is OBSESSED with having his drinks as cold as ice. Anytime we stay in a studio he takes the rooms plastic trash can (with a fresh bag and after washing the can of course), fills it with ice and packs his drinks in. He will change the ice out as it melts 1-2x a day.

What a great idea! We are also taking a soft sided small cooler with us for taking around and probably the beach too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter