Stupid question about characters

kristie73

Mouseketeer
Do the characters talk. :blush: I imagine that like Cinderrella and people with real faces must talk, but does Mickey Mouse or Winnie the Pooh?

:goofy:

kristie73 said:
Do the characters talk. :blush: I imagine that like Cinderrella and people with real faces must talk, but does Mickey Mouse or Winnie the Pooh?

Nope, only the princes and princess characters talk, or villains such as Cruella. Mickey and Pooh don't talk, but they do make up for it with lots of hugs and interaction :)

Anyone with a costume covering their face doesn't talk...Capt. Hook, tigger, Mickey, Minnie, Lilo, stitch etc....

kristie73 said:

Yes, that's how it is. If the face is covered by costume/mask, they don't talk. All the others do talk. Mad Hatter is a fun one - we had tea together.

The others are great with hugs and gestures. We've had our best interactions with them at the character meals.

Kanai mauled my kids, Koda tried to eat my food, then "told" us that he likes fresh fish better. And as he walked away, my kids quoted him, saying "say it with me, Ko - Da". Then Koda turned around and did the exact hand motions that my kids had just done (from the movie). It was one of those magical moments. :goodvibes

Be careful with Meeko - that one will take your bags if you're not watching!
Mr. Incredible had to still his beating heart when he saw that he was about to sign the same page in our book as Mrs. Incredible. Chip (or was it Dale?) looked through one of our autograph books and had to still his heart when he saw a couple of autographs - he really likes the princesses, but Minnie got the most reaction out of him.

Pluto tried to "bite" one of my kids hands and chased my other kid back to our table when she went to let him in the door - guess his paws kept him from opening the door himself.

The talkers are great there, too. Alice asked about my kids schooling, Belle told us all about her friends, Aladdin asked the gal next to us for a little dance lesson.

Mary Poppins helped my kid shake hands properly and gave my other kid scrapbooking ideas.

There was so much more, I could go on and on. I love the interaction with all of them, weather they can talk or not! :goodvibes

eatmypixiedust said:
Nope, only the princes and princess characters talk, or villains such as Cruella. Mickey and Pooh don't talk, but they do make up for it with lots of hugs and interaction :)

At DCA a year ago I ran into a Cruella and as people have said she did talk and was one of the funniest characters I've ever seen. She had the whole attitude, look, and personality that all you could do was laugh at everything she did and said. The characters that do talk are usually more fun for the adults to see than the kids. Mad Hatter is a hoot if you ever see him walking down main street. I actually found myself voluneteering to watch my nephew while my DSis and DBIL went on tower of terror because the characters come in/out of where the exit to TofT is. Fresh Characters are also more fun than ones that are just counting down the minutes until they can pull off the hot costumes.

All characters with masks don't talk and they all make sucking/popping sounds for kisses.

Yes, I agree with the above posts! The adults have so fun interacting with the characters who do not speak. One of my favs. is when my brother and I ate at Ariels' Grotto <before the Princess takeover ;) > and my brother was listening to his iPod. Well Dale snuck up behind him and gently grabbed one of the ear phones and put it up to his ear and started dancing. It was definitely a hoot to watch! :teeth:

Another time I was eating breakfast at the Carnation on Main St. and Chip pointed at the empty seat across from me and went like this: :confused3 and I said: "My boyfriend?" and he nodded and I said: "Yeah, he's working today..." and then he hugged me and patted the top of my head and gave me a kiss (the famous disney popping noise!) :teeth:

Yup some do, some dont!

The princesses will, so will characters like prince charming, peter pan, Jack Sparrow, the fairy god mother, Hercules, alice in wonderland, the mad hatter etc. But ones you wont find talking are characters with big "bobble heads" I guess you could call it, such as captain hook, and pinocchio or the incredibles, or characters in full body suits such as Woody from toy story, the big blue dude from monsters inc, winnie the pooh and eyore.

My favorite was Minnie Mouse trying to tell me that she loved my son's LONG eyelashes! It is like playing charades with them sometimes. :rotfl2:

I had pooh pose for me. He would do several poses for me to get pictures he did this thinking pose under a tree he was great.

My boys got to play hide and seek with Mary Poppins on Main St! That was so much fun , they went all over and played for at least 10 minutes.
Aladin at Goofy's kitchen bet my youngest that Goofy has only 4 fingers and he made him eat a cupake with ketchup for being wrong!
They never leave character and it is truly magical.

jemilah said:
Aladin at Goofy's kitchen bet my youngest that Goofy has only 4 fingers and he made him eat a cupake with ketchup for being wrong!
They never leave character and it is truly magical.

Ewww!! That's gross! Ketchup on cupcakes don't mix! LOL! :rotfl:

If Aladdin had lost he would have owed your son a spin on that magic carpet of his! :teeth:

our trainers were telling us how this Asian Guy around his 30s was running around the entire park at DCA looking for the one character he really wants to meet... the character was Ariel... our trainer tried to help, but her hopes wernt too high since it was around 9:30 PM, 30 min minutes till park closes... our trainer said he was freaking out, and was leaving tomorrow morning back home to Asia... then they found her and he was like nearly crying his heart out...

Now that, is one true Ariel Fan :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter