Studio availability for weekend getaway

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
My DH and I would like to do a weekend trip in October or November to see DD in the college program. I have discovered Satuday-Tuesday trips are better for airfare than Thursday-Sunday! So I was thinking the Sunday-Tuesday before Halloween. We will have PAPs I bought for our upcoming June trip.
I was randomly checking availability for the previous weekend because that weekend is not 7 months yet. I know it's food and wine but the only studios available without waitlists are SSR ( our home resort) or AKL. We stayed at Kidani in 2012 but DH did not like it. We stayed at SSR last in 2009. I won't know where she is working until Mid August so I won't know what parks or areas we want to spend the most time in until then.
I thought of OKW because we have never stayed there but the studios (both near HH and not) only have 2 of 3 nights! I thought since it was so big it wouldn't be a problem.
If the weekend we want comes up 2/3 nights for studios (probably near HH since we have such a short trip) should I waitlist or go ahead and book SSR? I'd love to try somewhere different. The other resorts I have not stayed at are VGF and BCV, and I bet those won't come through.
Daisyx3

It is a high DVC demand time but AKV (at least Kidani), SSR and OKW (except for the HH booking category) should be open. Any other resort will likely be a problem. You are allowed two waitlists so I would get what you can at 7 months out and waitlist for two others, and, if near park resorts,wait list for BWV pool/garden view and/or BLT Lake View as those will have the higher probability of coming open on wait list. What you are seeing for the weekend before at OKW is likely what closed out at exactly 7 months out. Thus, understand that even to get OKW, you need to make the attempt on line at 8 a.m. eastern exactly 7 months out.

Thanks for the advice! I will definitely waitlist BLT as we are doing one night at MNSSHP. Too bad school starts at 8AM...hopefully the announcements run long!
Daisyx3

Last year we booked SSR studio for 3 week nights at 5 months out...we wait listed BLT and BWV and got BLT 2 weeks later. I would suggest you book SSR and WL something else (but BWV and BCV are small resorts and are prime choices for F&W time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter