*Strictly Come Dancing 2009 ~ Inc. SPOILERS!!*

I agree, they do need to trim it down a bit, sixteen couples is about four two many IMHO ::yes::

I don't mind there being 16 couples, but sometimes they could have double evictions and arrange it in a way that if someone got injured then others are there so that there is always a 3 couple final

I've just caught up, as usual!

Oh and boy was I pleased! Made up that Chris & Ola won, they ended up as my favourites in the end. At the start of the series I was very much into Ricky & Natalie, but as it's progressed and after reading things, I've gone off them as a couple. She each week looked like the cat who got the cream and it didn't impress me much at all.

On the other hand, Cola had a great relationship and looked always like they were having tons of fun even through all the hard work.

Gonna have to be up early now on my 1st day of Christmas break to see Chris and the news crew on BBC Breakfast, they'll have a ball!

In a strange way, I'm quite sad, it's gone off again now until next September! What am I going to watch now?

Just back from the Strictly Christmas Special and the wrap party.

You are in for a christmas treat :thumbsup2 Apart from the "performing artist" I thought the show was really good. The wrap party was fab, spent ages with Darren and Lilia, Austin, Erin, Richard Dunwoody and Chris drinking wine and gossiping and tour talk. I think the tour this year will be fab.
Lilia is partnering Austin :thumbsup2

James and Ola were also there as were ALi and Brian and I take it all back about Brian he is a lovely guy:goodvibes

I've just seen your photos on FB, it looks like you had a fab time Joanne. Was Tom Chambers dancing last night ? :)

I've just seen your photos on FB, it looks like you had a fab time Joanne. Was Tom Chambers dancing last night ? :)

No Mandy, no Tom :sad2:

Chris and Ola, Rachel and Vincent, Gethin and Flavia, Ali and Brian, Ricky and Natalie and Austin and Erin.

Did anyone else notice the hidden Mickeys decorating the judges' desk on Saturday?

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the show Joanne :thumbsup2 Did you get any photos ?

Here we go.....

We arrived at TV centre late due to the snow (but so did lots of the audience). Our phones were taken away from us and we got our all important wrist bands :cool1:
We had to go straight to the studio as recording was meant to start at 6 but was late starting.
There is a warm up guy who tells you all the rules and reg and does some jokes. Five minutes before the start Bruce came out and was great, told some jokes (quite naughty and funny actually) and sang a warm up song with the band. Three judges are in place but Craig is running late, due to the snow (we heard later that he was on the motorway coming back from panto in Wales and got out of the car in the snow and walked the last two miles:scared1: ).

Obvously you're not allowed to take photos during the show but I sneaked these two at the end.

The second photo is a very good indicator of where we sat and my view for the show (three rows back).

PC210002-1.jpg

PC210003.jpg

Then we went and got our phones back and with our wrist bands gaining us entry, into the wrap party we go......passing the BBC news room on the way :goodvibes

After about half and hour the producer gives a speech, then Tess, then Bruce. Chris and Ola get big congrats as do the pro dancers and Tess makes a joke about Ali and Brian getting married....

We stand with Darren and Lilia and Austin most the time, but at various times we are joined by, Erin and Ricky Groves, Bruno, Brian and Richard Dunwoody.
Quite a few of the pros are there but they seem to stick to their groups, James and Ola spend most of the time in a booth in the corner. I was disappointed not to see Anton there, D&L told us why and I can understand why he wasn't!!!

PC210004.jpg

PC210011.jpg

PC210012.jpg

I've met Darren and Lilia a few times before but not really for any length of time and I am surprised how open and "gossipy" they are infront of me ;)
Austin doesn't hold on to his opinions either ;) Austin is partnered with Lilia on the tour so lots of banter (and lots of swearing) goes between them about what two dances they are going to do for 45 performances! He wants to do the jive as he gets to slap her!
I had two glasses of champagne courtesy of the BBC.

Next to the buffet Chris is there with his mini take-home trophy (they get one each), so Jayne introduces herself and we get a photo and give a congrats kiss!

PC210010.jpg

The disco is in full swing now but lots of people are leaving, the pros and celebs had a really big night on saturday and most are looking to go home. The crew are still in full party mode though.

On the way out Ricky is at the bar and another photo is in order....

PC210013.jpg

Quite a few of previous celebs are at the party but don't stay for long either.

We hadn't eaten since lunch time so stopped for a cheesburger and a milkshake on the way home, very glam, and arrived home just after midnight.

ETA: I don't want to give away anything about the show but I forgot to mention that off camera when the set-up was being done for the finale the warm up guy had a signed annual to give away and got three couples from the audience up to dance for a competition which the judges marked them on to win the book. After a minute or two most of the celeb dancers and their partners came out and got people off their chairs to dance with them, there were about twenty couples dancing, it was a great atmosphere, one girl got a great dance with Austin - lucky thing!

Here we go.....

We arrived at TV centre late due to the snow (but so did lots of the audience). Our phones were taken away from us and we got our all important wrist bands :cool1:
We had to go straight to the studio as recording was meant to start at 6 but was late starting.
There is a warm up guy who tells you all the rules and reg and does some jokes. Five minutes before the start Bruce came out and was great, told some jokes (quite naughty and funny actually) and sang a warm up song with the band. Three judges are in place but Craig is running late, due to the snow (we heard later that he was on the motorway coming back from panto in Wales and got out of the car in the snow and walked the last two miles:scared1: ).

Obvously you're not allowed to take photos during the show but I sneaked these two at the end.

The second photo is a very good indicator of where we sat and my view for the show (three rows back).

PC210002-1.jpg

PC210003.jpg

Then we went and got our phones back and with our wrist bands gaining us entry, into the wrap party we go......passing the BBC news room on the way :goodvibes

After about half and hour the producer gives a speech, then Tess, then Bruce. Chris and Ola get big congrats as do the pro dancers and Tess makes a joke about Ali and Brian getting married....

We stand with Darren and Lilia and Austin most the time, but at various times we are joined by, Erin and Ricky Groves, Bruno, Brian and Richard Dunwoody.
Quite a few of the pros are there but they seem to stick to their groups, James and Ola spend most of the time in a booth in the corner. I was disappointed not to see Anton there, D&L told us why and I can understand why he wasn't!!!

PC210004.jpg

PC210011.jpg

PC210012.jpg

I've met Darren and Lilia a few times before but not really for any length of time and I am surprised how open and "gossipy" they are infront of me ;)
Austin doesn't hold on to his opinions either ;) Austin is partnered with Lilia on the tour so lots of banter (and lots of swearing) goes between them about what two dances they are going to do for 45 performances! He wants to do the jive as he gets to slap her!
I had two glasses of champagne courtesy of the BBC.

Next to the buffet Chris is there with his mini take-home trophy (they get one each), so Jayne introduces herself and we get a photo and give a congrats kiss!

PC210010.jpg

The disco is in full swing now but lots of people are leaving, the pros and celebs had a really big night on saturday and most are looking to go home. The crew are still in full party mode though.

On the way out Ricky is at the bar and another photo is in order....

PC210013.jpg

Quite a few of previous celebs are at the party but don't stay for long either.

We hadn't eaten since lunch time so stopped for a cheesburger and a milkshake on the way home, very glam, and arrived home just after midnight.

Those are a-maz-ing photos (in spelled in honour of craig)

Thankyou so much for sharing:cheer2:

Those are a-maz-ing photos (in spelled in honour of craig)

Thankyou so much for sharing:cheer2:

Thank you, you're welcome. I feel very lucky to have gone along and I thought a few people might be interested in how it all comes together.

PoppyAnna - I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO incredibly jealous!!!

I would love to have taken all the DIS ladies, make sure you apply for tickets every year, somebody has to be picked to go ::yes:: :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter