Straws at drink stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsgthatsme

Mouseketeer
Weird question, but are the straws at the self serve drink stations wrapped or unwrapped? Not a fan of the dispensers that shoot out the unwrapped straws... I get icked out thinking of all the people touching the plastic tray the straw comes out on! :) I figured I’d pack some straws if they are indeed unwrapped straws onboard. Thanks!

I don't know as I do not bother with them since they are the paper ones like at Animal Kingdom.

Weird question, but are the straws at the self serve drink stations wrapped or unwrapped? Not a fan of the dispensers that shoot out the unwrapped straws... I get icked out thinking of all the people touching the plastic tray the straw comes out on! :) I figured I’d pack some straws if they are indeed unwrapped straws onboard. Thanks!
If I recall correctly, they are unwrapped. And many times it's paper straws. Trying to eliminate all small items that could be environmentally unfriendly if blown overboard.

Here's a picture of the straw holder on top of the drink dispenser. You push the bar on the bottom down and the straw rolls down on 2 little holders. Don't have to touch the area where the straw actually comes out.

wonder 2012 sodas 3 15040 100_6842.JPG

oh thank goodness you said it was a paper straw - i was about to have a heart attack if they were using plastic straws!!!!
Paper straws on deck (drink stations) and plastic in the dining rooms. Difference is, in the dining rooms there's no risk of the straw going overboard.

Now, rarely, when the paper straws run out, plastic one show up at the drink stations on deck.

If I recall correctly, they are unwrapped. And many times it's paper straws. Trying to eliminate all small items that could be environmentally unfriendly if blown overboard.

View attachment 310625

Has the move to paper straws been relatively recent? I had heard they had paper straws on the Wonder due to the Alaska itineraries, but on the Dream and Fantasy, my experience has been plastic straws on the pool deck. We haven't been on the Dream since August 2016 so it's possible they've changed since then.

Has the move to paper straws been relatively recent? I had heard they had paper straws on the Wonder due to the Alaska itineraries, but on the Dream and Fantasy, it's always been plastic straws. We haven't been on the Dream since August 2016 so it's possible they've changed since then.
You know, I haven't really paid that close attention. I just remember it was paper on the pool deck and plastic in the dining rooms (and bars). But I can't recall which ship(s) that was on.

I am a straw drinker (and tend to bite the straw as well). Don't like when no straw is available but I have a "nails on a chalkboard" reaction to those paper straws. I need plastic. I know, I know about the environment, but those paper straws in my mouth are horrible. I actually bring a ziplock bag of plastic straws when I go to Animal Kingdom and other Disney places now as I have seen them pop up elsewhere. I am sorry. I recycle like crazy at home and do everything else I can for the environment, but I need my plastic straws :)

The paper straws are such a waste, they fall apart way too quickly. Luckily, on our 11 DCL cruises, we have only had paper ones on our Alaska one, the other 10 were plastic.

Consider bringing your own straws.
https://simplystraws.com/

Disney should ban all plastic straws from all the parks, ships and resorts. If there were no plastic available at all, guests might complain a bit, but it would not affect total visitors or revenues. It might start a trend and a large purchase like that might even reduce costs somewhat. They will be more expensive than plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter