Strategy for Avoiding Mosquitos

nutshell

Oh, Disney!
What do you use to prevent mosquito bites, if anything? Bug spray? Patches? Bracelets? Something else? Or, do you go without anything and never have a problem? I’ve heard something might be necessary for AK but not the other parks. Do you agree?

Avon mosquito spray has worked better than anything I have ever tried then, Trader Joe’s brand. I have severe reactions to mosquito bites and have spent so much money on different brands, but once I used the avon repellent that’s all I buy.

I've never had a problem with mosquitoes at the parks. Recently with all the zika concerns they usually have bug spray in the parks.

Lived in Florida all my life, we never use bug spray at the parks. Disney has an amazing pest control team and they keep everything at bay. In the countless trips over the years I've probably only been bitten by 1 or 2 mosquitos. It's really of zero concern imo.

Outside of Disney the only bug spray I ever get is Off! Deep Woods. Couple years ago University of Florida did a study on bug spray and that Off! brand came out on top. So I've always stuck with that one

This varies from one person to the next. If you tend to get mosquito bites in areas where there are mosquitoes, then being vigilant about this at Disney World is a good idea. I've been bitten by mosquitoes at the Magic Kingdom and at some of the resorts. Be extra alert where there is a body of water, such as near a beach area; and in woodsy areas such as Ft. Wilderness. Whatever forms of mosquito bite prevention have worked for you elsewhere, you can use the same ones at Disney World.

What do you use to prevent mosquito bites, if anything? Bug spray? Patches? Bracelets? Something else? Or, do you go without anything and never have a problem? I’ve heard something might be necessary for AK but not the other parks. Do you agree?
I can walk 10 feet out of my house and get hit but at Disney I have never gotten bit so at Disney I do nothing at all ( and this count the week I spent at the fort)

I am a mosquito magnet, but I've never had an issue at WDW.

Outside of WDW, I use Victoria's Secret Amber Romance to repel mosquitoes. It's a tip I picked up from a swamp boat pilot. It works better than anything else I've ever used.

Like others here, I am a magnet for those pesky little biters.

But at Disney, not one bite.

I've packed Off and Disney, at least lately, offers bug spray in the parks and resorts. But I've never felt a reason to use it.

The only time I’ve had an issue at WDW was watching the fireworks on the Poly beach. That was just asking for trouble.

We have been here for 8 days and have no bites (and I'm a mosquito magnet). We've been at the parks almost every night. I never use any repellant at WDW.

Lived in Florida all my life, we never use bug spray at the parks. Disney has an amazing pest control team and they keep everything at bay. In the countless trips over the years I've probably only been bitten by 1 or 2 mosquitos. It's really of zero concern imo.

Outside of Disney the only bug spray I ever get is Off! Deep Woods. Couple years ago University of Florida did a study on bug spray and that Off! brand came out on top. So I've always stuck with that one

What CAS239 said.... I have never been bothered on WDW property. I am also happy that they aren't too bad in my Florida neighborhood. Our HOA does some minor bug control.

Up here in NH however I have to douse my clothes and hat in Deep Woods OFF. My house is surrounded by woods and the mosquitos are.... annoying.

We have some great tiger mosquitoes where I live, and I recently found a body-safe alternative to DEET sprays: pepperin bug spray. One quick spritz on exposed skin and I don't have any bites from anything, not even fire ants. Even the gnats here hate it.

I’ve never had problems with mosquitoes in WDW, but I use baby oil to keep them away everywhere else. It’s much more natural to me than traditional bug sprays...it smells good and makes your skin soft too! Tanning oil works well also...

The only time I've ever gotten mosquito bites in Disney was on the ferry from MK to the TTC at night. Never in the parks or at resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter