Stowaways onboard the 2016 EBPC - TR update 11/4, p.24

That sounds like a great plan.

It was a perfect evening and the fireworks at the end were just the icing on the cake.

Oh, I have never seen pretzel bread on DCL. I would have been all over this.

I think they served it a few times on this cruise. She really enjoyed it.

That is so beautiful.

It really was. I think it was either a Pegasus or a seahorse. Whatever it was it was really pretty.

That is totally uncalled for. I wonder where their parents were.

I was so mad I had to leave, and found out later mom felt the same way. I got even more mad when she told me she saw the parents watching the children doing the destruction and thought it was amusing. :mad:

I am not usually a fan of champagne, but I like this. I am glad you got a taste.

It was kind of Karin to share, it's not something I'd ever order but was happy to taste it.

It never occurred to me to have this as an entrée. I love this dish.

It's one of her favorites!

Your vacation plans sound amazing. You must be so excited.

Corinna

Thank you :) It doesn't really seem real at this point, even after writing everything out. It will be such a different vacation I don't know what to expect but I know it will be fabulous. And work has been so difficult lately it's almost like I have to get through it before getting really excited.

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster on your TR. I'm jealous...would love to do this cruise someday! Love your writing style...

I got even more mad when she told me she saw the parents watching the children doing the destruction and thought it was amusing. :mad:

I would have been spitting nails. How can any parent think it is even close to acceptable for kids to behave like this.

Corinna

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster on your TR. I'm jealous...would love to do this cruise someday! Love your writing style...

Thank you so much for posting! Glad you enjoy the TRs :) I hope you can do this cruise, it was amazing!! It's definitely on our repeat list for the future.

Sept. 8, Juneau, due to low hours with work I had to cancel the 5 Glacier Sea Plane. Mom was very understanding. I just can't afford it with the other things we're doing this vacation. We'll explore Juneau a bit and enjoy the ship. I think there's a Pixar Party around 4:30. We've never had one of these so it should be quite fun.

When we were in Juneau, Rob and Sarah did a Kayaking trip to Mendenhall glacier. I took the free shuttle (provided by Disney) to town and bought a round trip ticket to Mendenhall glacier, then just walked around and enjoyed the view. For me, it was great! I was even able to see Rob and Sarah in their Kayak. I think the bus to the glacier cost $35-$37 roundtrip. Not a great price when you double it for you and your mom. You could probably rent a cab for less if you wanted to visit the glacier.
Kayak.jpg Kayakk.jpg kayak 2.jpg

Edited to add, I did not take these photos, Rob took them. I did take a photo of them from the viewing station at Mendenhall but they look like little ducks in the water. I was very far away.

When we were in Juneau, Rob and Sarah did a Kayaking trip to Mendenhall glacier. I took the free shuttle (provided by Disney) to town and bought a round trip ticket to Mendenhall glacier, then just walked around and enjoyed the view. For me, it was great! I was even able to see Rob and Sarah in their Kayak. I think the bus to the glacier cost $35-$37 roundtrip. Not a great price when you double it for you and your mom. You could probably rent a cab for less if you wanted to visit the glacier.
View attachment 258367 View attachment 258369 View attachment 258368

Edited to add, I did not take these photos, Rob took them. I did take a photo of them from the viewing station at Mendenhall but they look like little ducks in the water. I was very far away.

Thank you so much for this! I was wondering if something like this was possible but couldn't find the info. I really appreciate you saying something!!! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for this! I was wondering if something like this was possible but couldn't find the info. I really appreciate you saying something!!! :goodvibes

Someone in town told me you could take the public city bus to the glacier but since I was alone and tend to get lost often I did not want to chance it. I have zero directional sense...

Kate

Someone in town told me you could take the public city bus to the glacier but since I was alone and tend to get lost often I did not want to chance it. I have zero directional sense...

Kate

It all depends on how much time we give ourselves. I'll see how easy it sounds. Might be worth the $80 to get the transport.

You guys are always able to just kick back and relax. I always end up wanting to do so much we never sit back and do nothing. I also don't like sitting in the sun. I feel my skin frying when I do.

That's just incredible that the parents stood by and watched while their kids destroyed the ice sculpture. Do people no longer have any decorum?

I so miss Palo dinner. I can't believe that it is over a year until I will have it again! I may need to have it on two nights on our cruise next year!

Your trip sounds amazing! We missed the Capillano bridge since Fran was feeling sick. I really enjoyed the Tearoom in Stanley Park and have eaten there on several occasions. You're right though, there are a lot of great places in that block just before Stanley Park. I think it may only take about an hour to return the car at the airport. All you have to do is put it back in the parking garage, and the train station is almost right on top of the rental car return location. It's very convenient. The train ride is really quick.

In Juneau the Disney ship docks at the farthest berth from town, but the bus is very convenient. It drops you off right in town where the tram to the top of the mountain is located. You might consider doing that one as well, it not too expensive.

When you get off the ship for the end of the Alaska cruise, they will let the B2Bers leave the ship last, they keep you in a special part of the terminal, and then you can get back on after about an hour or so when they start letting the new cruisers into the terminal. The Cove Cafe was serving complimentary beverages and they had additional offerings foodwise. I think they had sandwiches in addition to pastries. I know we ended up back in our room before noon and just relaxed until we got hungry.

It will be so great to see you on the 15th! And all the subsequent days after. We'll have to see about the 20th when the time comes. We are about to embark on a whole month of fun, and our fun with you will be the tail end. We may be exhausted by then, the good news is that we will have an almost two week break from fun before you arrive, so it's very possible that we will be rested by the time you get there. We can play it by ear!

Day 13: At Sea

I woke up with a blinding headache and had to take 4 advils and had to lie down for a bit longer for it to calm down. Mom got ready and we had one of the Captain Puckett presentations on, he was talking about the new locks. It made so much more sense now that we had been through the PC.

We had told Karin and Tom that we’d meet them at the cheese tasting this morning but we were a little late so weren’t able to sit together. They had been kind enough to save us seats but since we were late they had to give them up.

I had a negative man sitting next to me who commented that DCL had run out of things to do with us and seemed to organize this cheese tasting at the last minute. They were not the best cheeses and could have used some accompaniments, and the presenters were not the most knowledgable but it was fun to go to.

We connected with Karin and Tom where they invited us to Tritons for lunch. We happily accepted. First I stopped to check my onboard charges and am very glad I did because they charged mom for a tasting at the Cadillac Lounge… They said they’d look into it and credit us when they found out who actually needed to be charged. Ok, I could understand that, but I’d much rather it taken off my account immediately. I had to go back to check that it was taken off later.

Off to Tritons for a scrumptious lunch with Karin and Tom.

Mom started with the veggie samosas which she said were very tasty

I asked for gluten free donuts as my appetizer since we had missed breakfast and ate them all!

For our mains we both had the caprese sandwhich but mine was made on gluten free bread. Mom’s looked much better but she said it was flavorless

Mine wasn’t too toasted but was very tasty, and they made me some steak fries which I love.

For dessert mom had pecan pie which her stowaway had some fun with

And I had a tropical mousse with mango and passion fruit sauce. So yummy!

Tom kindly kept a look at the clock for us because we wanted to watch Inside Out on the Funnel Vision at 2pm. At 1:55 he reminded us of the time and we headed up there. We planned to meet up at 4pm at Studio Sea to watch the taping of the Morning Show.

We broke our rules and took the elevator and made it just in time to see the beginning, perfect timing!

I had the drink of the day, a Tutti Frutti, and it was fabulous! I had a bit of a scare when I felt someone pushing on my chair, but it was a nice surprise to see Karin and Tom who were heading to the Cove Café for some coffee.

Inside Out was awesome as always even though tears are always shed when Bing Bong sacrifices himself for Joy. Every time…

We made a super fast FE delivery between the movie and going down to Studio Sea. It was really fun watching the morning show being taped, I’m glad we did that.

A stop by Shutters to see pictures taken on PC day. We were not impressed with the ones the CMs took of us from the ground. They could have been much better, and a lot more. We did pick out some gorgeous photos of the ship they took, and I fully expected to pay for them but Karin bought them and sent them to me digitally later.

After that we sat out on the Promenade Deck just enjoying the breeze, until I noticed the time and wanted to see Chip and Dale. I ran up to the room to get some coconut candies and told them we hadn’t found any nuts for them, but found some chocolate made from the biggest nut we could find :)

Took this while waiting in line

They were so overcome with excitement Dale fell on the floor. I couldn’t stop laughing it was such a fun interaction

And they tried hiding the chocolates in their coats but they fell out

That was so much fun and we left on cloud nine from all the laughing. :laughing:

Then off to the show of the evening, an a cappella group called Voiceplay. They were magnificent! Unfortunately we were witness to one of the most annoying things of the whole cruise. Instead of taking their toddler out of the theater to walk, a couple walked up and down the stairs following the child the entire show. We had missed this on previous shows because we sit close to the stage, but Tom’s knee was hurting so they would stay at the top and were witness to this annoyance every show. I wanted to yell at these parents, they were so rude. The child wasn’t watching the show, take it outside if it wants to walk.

Then back to the room to get ready for dinner. As you could see from Chip and Dale it was formal night so we needed to get dressed in fancier clothes.

Dinner was at Animator’s Palate tonight. Karin and Tom had not arrived yet but Mom made an executive decision and sat at their table. Our tablemates were at our table and I asked mom to tell them we would be sitting with friends that evening. She said they were fine with it. Thankfully Karin and Tom weren’t upset we had invited ourselves over and we had a fabulous evening. Our servers checked on us regularly. Jose had ordered me several of my favorite tomato tartes. I had two and mom had one.

Mom also had a salad. The tomatoes were as hard as rocks…

Mom had fettucini for her entrée which she really enjoyed

And I just had a baked potato, broccoli, and cauliflower

Mom had lava cake for dessert

And Jose had found me a leftover piece of the flourless cake from yesterday. Yay!

Then off to find Chip and Dale again since we were dressed appropriately. We saw Minnie and Mickey on the way and they very kindly stopped for a picture

More fun was had with the fabulous Chipmunks!

I think I was pointing that Karin was also with us

And I’m very glad she joined us for some photos

Tom was on the sidelines taking a video of the interaction. It was so funny! At one point Dale pounded his hand on the wall next to Walt’s picture. The CM interpreted it as ‘why Walt Why!, why did you make two chipmunks!’ SO FUNNY!!!

We missed Donald and Daisy in their finery so they’re on my list for next time. We wished Karin and Tom a good night and would see them tomorrow. Then back up to the room where we got to sleep about midnight. It was another magnificent day!

Last edited:
OMG - I was way behind, because I needed to get my FE gifts done and get things ready for our vacation.

I remember the cheese tasting which had us shaking our heads as well, as we could have needed some bread in between and they should not have started with the strong cheeses first. :scared1: The taping of the morning show was fun - thank you Magdalene (flossbolna) for pointing it out in her TR.

Yes, the photos of us were pretty meesly, really not worth the money. The ones of the ship were nice and you are very welcome to the digital copies.

Was that the day we met Chip and Dale again in the evening? I remember actually crying because I laughed so hard.

Okay, I see that WAS that night. I started LOL again, just seeing the photos. I need to find the video for you.

You guys are always able to just kick back and relax. I always end up wanting to do so much we never sit back and do nothing. I also don't like sitting in the sun. I feel my skin frying when I do.

And here I feel like we do tons! Mom tends to want to lounge in the sun longer than I do, I get to feeling weak and tired and have to take a break. Thankfully the Alaska cruise won't have weather that begs to be sat out in.

That's just incredible that the parents stood by and watched while their kids destroyed the ice sculpture. Do people no longer have any decorum?

I couldn't believe it. I find humanity is slipping as a whole.

I so miss Palo dinner. I can't believe that it is over a year until I will have it again! I may need to have it on two nights on our cruise next year!

That sounds like a good idea! popcorn::

Your trip sounds amazing! We missed the Capillano bridge since Fran was feeling sick. I really enjoyed the Tearoom in Stanley Park and have eaten there on several occasions. You're right though, there are a lot of great places in that block just before Stanley Park.

Thank you! :) I'm getting excited!!! Three weeks to go :cool1:

I think it may only take about an hour to return the car at the airport. All you have to do is put it back in the parking garage, and the train station is almost right on top of the rental car return location. It's very convenient. The train ride is really quick.

Thank you for this info. I'm glad the car return place is close to the train.

In Juneau the Disney ship docks at the farthest berth from town, but the bus is very convenient. It drops you off right in town where the tram to the top of the mountain is located. You might consider doing that one as well, it not too expensive.

I was just looking at the tram this morning. It looks really cool and lots to do up top.

When you get off the ship for the end of the Alaska cruise, they will let the B2Bers leave the ship last, they keep you in a special part of the terminal, and then you can get back on after about an hour or so when they start letting the new cruisers into the terminal. The Cove Cafe was serving complimentary beverages and they had additional offerings foodwise. I think they had sandwiches in addition to pastries. I know we ended up back in our room before noon and just relaxed until we got hungry.

How nice we'll get off the ship last and get back on first. I'm looking forward to not feeling the usual pressure of last morning stuff.

It will be so great to see you on the 15th! And all the subsequent days after. We'll have to see about the 20th when the time comes. We are about to embark on a whole month of fun, and our fun with you will be the tail end. We may be exhausted by then, the good news is that we will have an almost two week break from fun before you arrive, so it's very possible that we will be rested by the time you get there. We can play it by ear!

So looking forward to seeing you both!!! Great idea to play it by ear. :)

OMG - I was way behind, because I needed to get my FE gifts done and get things ready for our vacation.

Your vacation is coming up soon!!!!! party: party: party:

I remember the cheese tasting which had us shaking our heads as well, as we could have needed some bread in between and they should not have started with the strong cheeses first. :scared1:

It was not the best thought out event :laughing:

The taping of the morning show was fun - thank you Magdalene (flossbolna) for pointing it out in her TR.

I'm glad we went and saw it.

Yes, the photos of us were pretty meesly, really not worth the money. The ones of the ship were nice and you are very welcome to the digital copies.

Thank you again :) I really need to get them printed out and put in a big frame. I finally put the special print done by Ducky Williams in a frame.

Was that the day we met Chip and Dale again in the evening? I remember actually crying because I laughed so hard.

I think I laughed so hard my cheeks hurt :laughing:

I would love a cheese tasting, if it were paired with honey, jam and wine. Or even just the addition of crackers. But just cheese. :crazy2: How bland.

Kate

We had told Karin and Tom that we’d meet them at the cheese tasting this morning but we were a little late so weren’t able to sit together.

That sounds like a lovely idea. What a shame that they did not make a better job of this.

First I stopped to check my onboard charges and am very glad I did because they charged mom for a tasting at the Cadillac Lounge… They said they’d look into it and credit us when they found out who actually needed to be charged. Ok, I could understand that, but I’d much rather it taken off my account immediately. I had to go back to check that it was taken off later.

That is just silly. Were they trying yo tell you that they were not going to refund you unless they found the correct person. I would not have been happy at all about this.

I love the character photos.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!