Stiff shirt collars......

DisneyAli

Mouseketeer
Have been given some new shirts ready for our store conversion to Morrisons, as i have to go on a training day at another store in advance of our opening. The collars are very stiff so does anyone have any tips on how to soften them up a bit???? thanks

I did my nurse training in the days when our collars were loose and starched solid. Rub the folded edge. where it rubs your neck, with a bar of soap that you have dampened. It works everytime and saved me from some nasty weals. :flower1:

::yes:: ::yes:: Yes i have removed the plastic under the collar....well two bits of plastic under the collar, another piece around the top button, 4 pieces of other cardboard, numerous plastic pins and not forgetting the outer packaging as well, X this by four shirts and my recycle bin is nearly full. :rolleyes:

Re bar of soap, do you rub on collar before putting it in the wash, if not exactly what do you do and when.

DisneyAli said:
Re bar of soap, do you rub on collar before putting it in the wash, if not exactly what do you do and when.

You use the same coloured soap as the garment, rub with the damp soap and wear! It gives a sort of softening effect.

gilld said:
You use the same coloured soap as the garment, rub with the damp soap and wear! It gives a sort of softening effect.

Be careful not to sweat too much or you will get soap bubbles coming out of your shirt collar :)

Be careful not to sweat too much or you will get soap bubbles coming out of your shirt collar

Ladies don't sweat Tim, they glow :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter