Steph and Rashad's Disneymoon (20 Romantic Disneymoon Ideas)

Wish on a Star

DIS Veteran
Like most couples, Rashad and I couldn't wait for our Disneymoon!:yay::yay: We wanted it to be extra special, not just like any other vacation, so I decided to do lots of research and look for things to do on our trip! I posted on the Disboard a few times over the course of about 6 months, read trip reports and researched in books and on other Disney websites, (particularly Mouseweddings.com). I found little snippets of information here and there and wove them all together into our honeymoon. I thought it would be a helpful tool to have them all in one place for future honeymooners, so I plan to write about the 20 Romantic Ideas I Found for Our Disneymoon!

Here's a Little Introduction *(Why did you honeymoon in Disney if you didn't ride the rides?)
I'll just give you a brief introduction to who we are, because I think it explains some of the choices we made for our Disneymoon. Rashad is a 29 year old x-ray tech originally from Georgia, and I am a 26 year old pre-kindergarten teacher who works in an inner city school district. We live in Pennsylvania with our naughty cat Baxter.
celebrate.jpg

Rashad and I got married in October 2009, at Sea Breeze point. It was a beautiful (hot Hot HOT) day. I wouldnt do anything different....except I wish we didnt have to return to Pennsylvania the day after our wedding. It seemed like FOREVER until we were finally able to go back to Disney in June 2010 for our honeymoon.

Now here is where people start to think we are crazy.:scared1: We knew before we left that this Disneymoon trip was going to be more about quality time together and less about riding all of the rides. Rashad works two full time jobs and commutes to Baltimore (over and hour away). With those hours, he needs rest and relaxation and we needed some quality time. (I started to forget what he looks like). Rashad is still just "getting into Disney". Our wedding made him an official fan, but the full-blown summer crowds and lines, multiplied by the heat could have meant burning out, and I wanted a fun, restful honeymoon. As the daughter of a die-hard Disney fan, and DVC member, I have been to the parks countless times, and I have ridden all of the rides. I was fine picking one or two attractions per park and concentrating on quality rather than quantity. Even with that, we were still completely exhausted by the end of most of our days.

Up next will be the first romantic idea for a Disneymoon!

Idea #1- Scream it from the rooftops! (Even make it your own!)
Idea #2 Sweetheart Dinners For Two

When DH and I were in Florida in October I was surprised at how much he wore his grooms hat. He says it's because we made an arrangement that he would wear his if I wore mine, but I think the truth is that he loved telling everyone that we just got married...and he told EVERYONE!

IMG_1105.jpg
IMG_1155.jpg

For our honeymoon trip, I was trying to decide if we should bring the ears from our wedding trip or go without. I knew we would be wearing our "Just Married" buttons, because we only got to wear them on the day we went home during our wedding trip. Although we did wear these buttons during our first trip,
376.jpg
I noticed a lot more "Congratulations" and surprises on our second trip with the actual "Just Married" buttons. Maybe it's because people dont really know what the first ones mean, or maybe because they are less popular.

DH LOVES hats, but the top hat is really not his style. He never wears baseball hats either, he is more of a fedora person. I thought back to the cute hats and shirts that Lurkyloo made for their anniversary trip and felt inspired! So I decided to make matching Mr. and Mrs. mickey ears hats that were more like my husband's style.
mrandmrs.jpg
They were super easy and I think they turned out great! We didnt wear them all the time, but when we did they were a big hit... When we werent wearing our hats we always had our "Just Married" buttons on- and we got a few special surprises at meals and our hotel!

I love those hats, they are awesome.

Loking forward to reading about your trip!

Idea #2 Sweetheart Dinners for Two

Because we were staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge (Kidani Village), we decided that we had to try the unique food they have to offer at both Sanaa and Jiko. I decided the the first night of our Disneymoon would be great to try Jiko. And wanting to fill our trip with as many surprises as possible, I decided to book a "Sweetheart Dinner".

For those of you who dont know about Sweetheart Dinners, they are a way to make your dinner just a little more memorable. They are offered at Artist's Point, Brown Derby, Californina Grill, Citricos, Flying Flish, Jiko,, Narcoossee's, Yachtsman.

For $150+ tax/tip (160 at California Grill) here is what you get a personalized menu and souvenir champagne glasses for you to remember your special dinner.
Each menu gives you the choice of appetizer (3 choices)
Entree (4 choices)
Assorted desserts to share.

(You can book these meals just like any other ADR just be sure to ask for a "Sweetheart Dinner" and you will need a credit card to reserve this, and also be ready to provide the names of the couple for the personalized menu)

Here are the toasting glasses- which now are on display in our china cabinet:
6c5e819c.jpg

Here is the menu from the sweetheart dinner. It shows the front and the portion that is personalized.
7584be53.jpg
744a3234.jpg

None of the pictures are showing up for me but the ideas are fantastic.

PS... We live between Reading and Lebanon. My sweetie works in Harrisburg and I used to be a teacher in Mechanicsburg.

Just found this post. Would love to hear the rest of your ideas! My fiance and I will be going to WDW for our Disneymoon next May, so it is quite relevant :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter