Staying in Paris before going to Disneyland, is it tough getting tickets for the Eiffel Tower

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
We arrive in Paris on 8/12/18 and are staying overnight before heading to DLP. Our hotel in Paris is close to the Eiffel Tower and we will want to see the Tower. I went on the official website and right now tickets are available up to June, but every date you click on is already full. How far in advance do the dates open up and do you have to get your ticket the minute your window opens up?

We arrive in Paris on 8/12/18 and are staying overnight before heading to DLP. Our hotel in Paris is close to the Eiffel Tower and we will want to see the Tower. I went on the official website and right now tickets are available up to June, but every date you click on is already full. How far in advance do the dates open up and do you have to get your ticket the minute your window opens up?

We are doing something similar in June and when I entered the date I wanted, it told me the date and time of release for booking. Since I only had one possible date, I logged in immediately when the reservations opened and got tickets. That date was sold out when I looked again the next day. I’m so glad I made sure to logon and get tickets right when they opened!

We are doing something similar in June and when I entered the date I wanted, it told me the date and time of release for booking. Since I only had one possible date, I logged in immediately when the reservations opened and got tickets. That date was sold out when I looked again the next day. I’m so glad I made sure to logon and get tickets right when they opened!
I could not find any place on the Eiffel Tower website to input the date you want. I must be missing something.

I could not find any place on the Eiffel Tower website to input the date you want. I must be missing something.

If you’re in the website, click on “buy now” under the type of ticket you want (ticket to the top or ticket to the second floor). Next, a pop up comes up with two options (tickets for individuals or tickets for professionals). I clicked on the one for individuals which then took me to the page with the calendar and number of tickets wanted. I simply went to the date in the future I wanted and a message came up telling me the date and time they would be available to book.

Hope that helps!

We are just in the planning stage right now. But we'd like to do the on and off bus tour. We are only going to be in Paris a day and a half. My sister and niece wanted to go to Disneyland Paris, they are trying to see as many of the Disney Parks as they can and I am tagging along. The hotel in Paris is Hôtel Eiffel Seine.

I would stay longer in Paris or in Champagne
I would like to as well, but planning was not up to me. My sister wanted to stay at DLP for the week, I was lucky to get the overnight stay in Paris.

You can also take the stairs with no lines at all to do that. It is super fun and good for your health.

I don't see anything open after June 30th... I wonder if I have to check daily and jump on tickets as soon as they become available. Luckily we're less than a 5 minute walk and we'll be there for 6 nights so I'm hoping we can get tickets for one of those dates just by walking up to the ticket booth. I've heard that people wait for hours in line so I'd prefer to order tickets ahead of time.

I took a recommendation from a friend and booked a tour - Eiffel and Seine Cruise. I would highly recommend that. Ticket or no you will have to wait for the elevator and the line was 2 hours when I arrived. Our tour group walked around it. Also, the Eiffel was more impressive to me when I had all the history. I used CityWonders for my tour and it was excellent.

That's a great idea, I'll look into it. What time of day did you go?

We weren't planning on visiting until about 8 pm, so I wonder if the lines would be shorter then or more busy because of the sunset? Although it gets dark there pretty late and I don't even know when sunset is. lol

That's a great idea, I'll look into it. What time of day did you go?

We weren't planning on visiting until about 8 pm, so I wonder if the lines would be shorter then or more busy because of the sunset? Although it gets dark there pretty late and I don't even know when sunset is. lol

Sunset in the summer will be around 11pm :) Im in Ireland, one hour behind France and it is still bright at 9pm here now. In the summer it is bright until after 10pm in Ireland, after 11pm in France.

Sunset in the summer will be around 11pm :) Im in Ireland, one hour behind France and it is still bright at 9pm here now. In the summer it is bright until after 10pm in Ireland, after 11pm in France.
Wow! Thanks ! That's going to be so bizarre for me ....... Sunset is around 8pm right now in Colorado.

I took a recommendation from a friend and booked a tour - Eiffel and Seine Cruise. I would highly recommend that. Ticket or no you will have to wait for the elevator and the line was 2 hours when I arrived. Our tour group walked around it. Also, the Eiffel was more impressive to me when I had all the history. I used CityWonders for my tour and it was excellent.
This sounds like a good idea, since we have limited time in Paris a tour might be a good way to go

I would like to as well, but planning was not up to me. My sister wanted to stay at DLP for the week, I was lucky to get the overnight stay in Paris.
If possible, try to get tickets for the tower after the sun goes down. Beautiful sight. DLP is very cool, but I'm not sure I would want to be there for a week. There really isn't that much to do for that long.

I am going to write a trip report as we just got back yesterday... Soooo tired... but had so much fun... but more on that later on....

As to your question... We ask the concierge to help us with the tour... she hooked us up with a tour, we meet near the tower on a side street, and walk over, around a block, the tour included our ticket including the lift... around a 20 minute talk with question and answer, up to the second platform, after that we were free to stay as long as we liked. We did the night tour it was amazing to see Paris at night....

We used hop on hop off bus, but there are tours that included a cruise along the river and you can see a lot of landmarks this way, there are a bunch of different options, from just a scenic cruise tour around a hour or lunch or dinner cruise... we did a dinner cruise and it was truly wonderful...

As a suggestion you might want to use a tour service for only one day, so you can see as much as you can.

I have to rest up a bit more before I start my trip report... but I will go into our trip in more detail then....hope this helps for now...

LovesTimons, I can't wait to read your report. I am going to look into the hop on hop off bus too. My sister and I are going to really sit down the end of this month and get our plans squared away.

Hi, Lovestimone here,

I started my trip report if you would like to take a peak at it.... From Marie to Minnie...Our Paris and DLP adventure...Its in the trip report section... if you have any question I would be happy to help out...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!