Staying at a Universal Hotel

eblondie

DIS Veteran
If you had the choice...which Universal Property would you stay on and why?
Ive been looking into staying at Disney and then moving onto Universal property for 3 nights. At the moment Im unsure where to stay and wanted other peoples views.

You can't go wrong at any of the on site hotels. The Portofino is the most quiet, romantic, and furthest from the parks. The Hard Rock is closest to the parks, very "hip". The Royal Pacific is an island theme, smallest rooms. All the hotels have great beds and amenities. The Hard Rock and Portofino have slides at their pools--the Royal Pacific has a "play area" in the pool for children. All of the hotels are convenient to the parks and City Walk. It depends on your circumstances and your preferences. As I said, you can't go wrong with any of them.

I agree with gschmerl. You cannot make a mistake. If you make your choice based on the theming that appeals to you or strictly by the price, all of the resorts are great. Our two most recent stays have been at RPR. We love the tropical feel of this resort and I would stay there again in a heartbeat. We have also stayed at Portofino Bay a couple of times. Very, very nice. Deluxe rooms are quite large and the bathrooms are FABULOUS! This is a very quiet, relaxed resort. Pools are very nice. Good restaurants. Our first stay was at the HRH. This resort is closest to the parks - five minute walk. Lots of action here. Music, obviously. Again, a great place to stay. It just depends on what you like. Whatever you decide, you will enjoy - guaranteed. By the way, FOTL is the best!

Have fun!

I agree with both comments.......... Staying onsite is the ONLY way to go and FOTL makes it worth it ten times over.

We loved the RPR........ the polynesian decor, tropical island feel, warm welcoming staff, nice rooms, COMFY beds, superb restaurants......... a gorgeous pool.......... it is "paradise"!! We really enjoyed our stay and this resort is so relaxing. It does depend on what your personal preference is.......... we love the islands....... so the choice was obvious....... either way, these three resorts are great........... and you can't go wrong with any of them.

Have a wonderful trip!!!

gschmerl gets it just right, I think. Beyond that, it's a matter of personal preference. My wife swears by PBH, I lean to HRH.

Best strategy: Stay in all three and then decide.

HRH feels like there is a party always going on. Not necessarily for those that like it very quiet. A really nice and short walk to the parks.

Personally, we love PBH. All of us (me, DW, DD 14, and DS12) lead very active lives with our jobs, school, church, sports, etc. We stay at PBH to experience that "get-away-from-it-all" feeling. My kids love the beach pool with it's awesome castle slide, and my wife and I love the romantic feeling of the entire hotel. The rooms are very large compared to other hotels, and the service is incredible.

Royal Pacific is the lowest priced on-site property, but don't think it's any less nice than the others. This is a deluxe resort. Loved it when we stayed there last summer. :D

Originally posted by eblondie
What makes you lean towards HRH? ::MinnieMo
For me, it's the hip atmosphere and the understated luxury of the place. Surprisingly, perhaps, I don't find the place noisy.

I also like the ultra-convenient location -- less than 5 minute walk to US.

I was really impressed by the RPR its a beautiful resort a little over 5 min walk to IOA perfect location :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter