Stayed at the Rodeway Inn Maingate hotel May 4th, 2012 NEW FAVORITE HOTEL!!!

SaraHyland

Mouseketeer
FINALLY decided to stay at the Rodeway Inn Maingate just last Friday May 4th, 2012...so happy I did because it's my new favorite hotel. Right in the middle of everything, cost less than a meal in Disney World, and just as good as a Disneys all-star value resort which is like 4 times the cost.

We checked in late at night around 10 pm, which wasn't a problem at all and took about 2 minutes flat. The staff was really great and friendly , and there were some people in the lobby watching the news and on their laptops using thw wi-fi which made me feel at ease because I'd read previous reviews of this hotel in which they said the only guests who stayed here were crackheads and I assure you that is not one bit true. In fact, all the guests I had seen had disney shirts on and had small children.

So after checking in, we went into our room (5121) on the first floor (we had an empty space right in front of our room). The first thing I did was check for bugs bed bugs,sugar ants,roaches, everything I had read about in the rodeway inn reviews. In total I found 3 sugar ants 2 near the sink, one on the desk in between the two beds. If there were more than three it would have bothered me, but I occasionally everywhere I go so I was fine. No bed bugs, no roaches, nothing else. It was a little hard looking for them because although there was a total of 6 lights in the room, the lighting was still a bit dim. I did see a stain on the bathroom floor which I didnt know what it was, and another stain on one of the sheets which was grey like someones makeup had come off while sleeping, but after removing the sheet everything else was spotless. (I brought my own sheets and stuff just incase but i used those provided). I did have a big problem with the water pressure here, it sucked...but the bathroom was very clean besides that one stain on the floor, and the door locks looked rusty but worked fine. The tv was static-eeee which was fine because we were there just to sleep that night. After looking around and un packing we walked 5 minutes over to Old town fair which was to my surprise open until 2 am! It was great, lots of shops, restaurants , and rides. BUT back to the hotel review.

DISNEY3006.jpg

DISNEY3007.jpg

DISNEY3008.jpg

DISNEY3009.jpg

DISNEY3010.jpg

DISNEY3011.jpg

DISNEY3012.jpg

DISNEY3013.jpg

DISNEY3014.jpg

DISNEY3015.jpg

DISNEY3016.jpg

DISNEY3034.jpg

DISNEY3035.jpg

DISNEY3036.jpg

DISNEY3037.jpg

DISNEY3038.jpg

DISNEY3039.jpg

DISNEY3040.jpg

DISNEY3041.jpg

DISNEY3042.jpg

DISNEY3043.jpg

We wokeup the next morning at 7am because we had park hopper tickets and the parks opened at 9am that morning. We wokeup and didn't even want to get out of the bed because it was so comfy. I had read a lot about being able to hear toilets flush through the paper thin walls and kids screaming and lots of people waking up in the middle of the night because of noise but I didn't hear a single thing and im always the first one to wakeup because of noise. We slept perfectly fine. We stayed in a basic room with 2 double beds that included the a coffee maker and in room safe. It came out to $30 even after taxes for the night (i also used a triple a discount). The hotel offers a free breakfast (4 different juices, hot coffee, plain bagels, 5 different kinds of oat meal, oranges, and like little things of jelly,butter,cream cheese, and peanut butter. Not the most variety but it was free and the bagels and oatmeal were great. Plus free coffee is always a plus in my book.

Over all we had a great stay and would stay again! For 30 a night? and could stay 4 nights for the same price of one night at other hotels. I would rate this hotel 7 out of 10. My pros were, *location,*free breakfast,*free parking,*affordable prices,*late check in,and friendly staff. My cons were *terrible water pressure, *stains, *3 sugar ants , but my pros out weigh my cons by far. If you're going to diseny you must try staying here a night, you'll save lots of money, and its litterally 3 minutes from, the park which lets you sleep in a little and be there at rope drop! They also offer shuttles if you don't feel like driving :) Hope this review helped, sorry for the blurry pictures!

Thank you for the pics and review. I have a room reserved here for 10 nights in December, and this really put my mind at ease as for as what I would be walking into :goodvibes.

Larry

Thank you for your review.

I sometimes think that this board is only for those who stay at $200.00 a night accomodations so it's nice to see a review for something a lot more economical.

Kim

We usually stay the night at the Holiday Inn the night before checking in to our Walt Disney World hotel.

Holiday Inn resort (Sunspree) is great usually less than $100 per night for a kids suite and the quality is consistent with Holiday Inn standards. I am a Priority club member and prefer Holiday inn to all the others because of availibility and consistency.

Our trip next week we will be staying at the Holiday Inn Main Gate in a Kids Suite for our first night for under $100. We have not stayed at this hotel before but have driven past several times.

We prefer to stay on property but if we did not it would most definitely be at either of the two hotels.

Goofymac

Good review!! We stayed there 1 night in March before our POP checkin & enjoyed it. The pool was especially nice (heated) for a March evening. We had the deluxe pool view room (only room available at the time) & it was around $50.00. I remember the beds being very comfortable also. We would stay there again if needed too.

I saw the name of the hotel and immediately turned my nose up... till I saw the $30 a night and free breakfast / parking. WOW!!

It sounds awesome for the price and so close to the main gate too!

Do you remember how the shuttles run?

thanks for the review, was a little weary about the reviews,but with yours and the pics you posted, seems like a nice little place, I mean when you think about it we're at the parks most of the day, as long as the place is clean and comfy, thats what is important!:thumbsup2

Thanks for the review! It is nice to see others who are budget travelers.

I know this is getting to be a slightly old thread, but I wanted to thank the OP for the descriptions and the pictures. Budget travelers appreciate your report. For those of us that live out of state and have APs, the affordable places allow us to visit WDW more frequently.

I know this is an older post,but was wondering if anyone else has stayed recently? Besides the reviews on Tripadvisor I can't seem to find much on it and the reviews are mixed.
I'm just hoping I made the right decision. Cancelled my ressie with Comfort and made one here for the weekend of the 19th. My reasons was to save money to use more for DD at the F&W. We will mostly just be at the hotel to take showers and sleep. As long as it is clean, no bedbugs and no bad smoke smell, I'm good!
Please help me feel better about my decision:):scared:

I know this is an older post,but was wondering if anyone else has stayed recently? Besides the reviews on Tripadvisor I can't seem to find much on it and the reviews are mixed.
I'm just hoping I made the right decision. Cancelled my ressie with Comfort and made one here for the weekend of the 19th. My reasons was to save money to use more for DD at the F&W. We will mostly just be at the hotel to take showers and sleep. As long as it is clean, no bedbugs and no bad smoke smell, I'm good!
Please help me feel better about my decision:):scared:

So how did you find it? Did you end up staying there?

So how did you find it? Did you end up staying there?

Yes we did. It wasn't the Ritz, but it was a nice clean place to take a shower and sleep. As the OP said above, I checked for bugs of all kinds and the cleanliness before bringing any of our luggage to the room, we also stayed in building 5, I saw no bugs..what I saw was an older hotel that is trying. Things are worn and old here, but I looked all over the room and the housekeeper did a great job. I have severe allergies and I found the room smelling very fresh, no smoke nor pet dander. Pretty much the pics above is what our room looked like as well.
I would stay here again. For the price and location and what you need it for, it does the job! I look at it this way, I saved a lot of money on a clean room and was able to use it for DD at F&W. Can't beat that!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter