Stay Play Dine 2017 Calculation Thread

Looks like no deals at midnight...maybe they'll be released before 7am...who knows?? Lol. Good luck everybody!

I'm not too sure if this is an impossible question.
I am going to wdw for the first time and being from Australia it is very confusing.
It will be me, husband and 13yr old niece.
We will be staying at Disney 13/2-21/2.
We will have 4 day Disney parks, 2 x MK, 1 x Epcot & 1 x AK.
1 day as rest day
1 day at US
1 day Kennedy space centre
We would like to stay moderate or deluxe and have a budget of $8000 for accommodation, Disney tickets and food.
Is it better for us to PSD or RO?
Also I have heard about stacking other discounts, how does this work?

Anyone else notice that depending on which browser and which resort you're looking at there are anywhere from 3 to SIX different offers showing?? This is really turning Disney Math up a notch

Anyone else notice that depending on which browser and which resort you're looking at there are anywhere from 3 to SIX different offers showing?? This is really turning Disney Math up a notch

I think there is a strategy at play here where Disney could be trying to make this confusing so people end up paying more?? The SPD deal seems to be the best. The other deals are all very similar (basically some room only discount) and unless you're willing to price them all you wouldn't know that. I don't know why they can't just keep it simple...I think the other "package" deals are to try to keep people from booking room only and buying tickets separately through a cheaper re-seller.

I was just disconnected after a 70 minute wait....the stay play and dine is not showing online but is ok their advertisements. is this strictly an ask for offer?

I think there is a strategy at play here where Disney could be trying to make this confusing so people end up paying more?? The SPD deal seems to be the best. The other deals are all very similar (basically some room only discount) and unless you're willing to price them all you wouldn't know that. I don't know why they can't just keep it simple...I think the other "package" deals are to try to keep people from booking room only and buying tickets separately through a cheaper re-seller.
norm s

I was just disconnected after a 70 minute wait....the stay play and dine is not showing online but is ok their advertisements. is this strictly an ask for offer?
SPD should be showing online? It is for me. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/stay-dine-package/

However if you have to call instead of answering the prompts just say agent and press 0 a bunch of times. I had one phone line quote a 60 minute wait then did that on my cell phone while I kept the other line open...I only waited 1 minute believe it or not!

Is spd not offered for POFQ???? It isn't in the restricted list
SPD is not available at all for POFQ, it isn't listed as an eligible resort.

Select Disney Moderate Resorts Save $500 Includes:
The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside

SPD is not available at all for POFQ, it isn't listed as an eligible resort.

Select Disney Moderate Resorts Save $500 Includes:
The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside

Confirmed, they did take 10 percent off of my room though!

Maybe this will help, here's what we got today:
2 Adults 1/18-1/23 at CSR, standard room, with 4 day park-hoppers on the SPD plan: $2,218.04

I got a quote for room only with the same dates and tix and it was: $1733.02

We were planning on paying out of pocket for food, but the SPD ended up being cheaper for us and our plans, and we are adding a couple of TS meals that otherwise would have been CS meals.

Also, on Friday, I asked my TA to try and book this for us first thing this morning (Monday 10/3/16). The TA got back to me just a little later and actually called Disney, confirmed the discounts were coming out and received pricing. The TA could not get a reservation obviously, but I knew what to expect. It also gave me the chance to compare the RO discount to the SPD package and we realized the SPD would be better for us.

Thanks for this thread, it helped us make our plans over the last week and get a good idea of what the discount would do for us.

Maybe this will help, here's what we got today:
2 Adults 1/18-1/23 at CSR, standard room, with 4 day park-hoppers on the SPD plan: $2,218.04

I got a quote for room only with the same dates and tix and it was: $1733.02

We were planning on paying out of pocket for food, but the SPD ended up being cheaper for us and our plans, and we are adding a couple of TS meals that otherwise would have been CS meals.

Also, on Friday, I asked my TA to try and book this for us first thing this morning (Monday 10/3/16). The TA got back to me just a little later and actually called Disney, confirmed the discounts were coming out and received pricing. The TA could not get a reservation obviously, but I knew what to expect. It also gave me the chance to compare the RO discount to the SPD package and we realized the SPD would be better for us.

Thanks for this thread, it helped us make our plans over the last week and get a good idea of what the discount would do for us.
Awesome - glad it helped! The best way to analyze these is the way you did it - the SPD package vs. the Room only discount with the same tix. It would be hard for 2 adults to spend 5 nights/6 days and spend less than $485 eating so I'd say the SPD works for you guys! I also ended up going with the SPD for the same reasons...it's not necessarily a great discount, but it's definitely the All-in least expense route.

I'm not too sure if this is an impossible question.
I am going to wdw for the first time and being from Australia it is very confusing.
It will be me, husband and 13yr old niece.
We will be staying at Disney 13/2-21/2.
We will have 4 day Disney parks, 2 x MK, 1 x Epcot & 1 x AK.
1 day as rest day
1 day at US
1 day Kennedy space centre
We would like to stay moderate or deluxe and have a budget of $8000 for accommodation, Disney tickets and food.
Is it better for us to PSD or RO?
Also I have heard about stacking other discounts, how does this work?
In your situation I'd look at the room only first - the reason is with the SPD you'll have all these extra Disney meals - but you can't use those meals at Kennedy & Universal on those days. If you're staying Deluxe it's likely that room only is decidedly the better option. If you decide to stay moderate...it's possible SPD would be better but you still have to figure out the meal situation.

FYI - not sure if this applies to anybody or not:

I DO NOT use my Disney Visa card ever...I just hold on to it to enable early bookings and other Disney perks/deals. I like to pay for my vacation using gift cards only since I'm able to buy them at a 12% discount (gotta save every penny right??). This morning I was hoping to cancel my visa booking and rebook my package using gift cards. However there was no standard availability at CBR for my dates. I called Disney and asked if they would refund my visa and let me put the $200 deposit on gift cards now that the deal was public. They said yes and processed it for me! Another $24 saved right there via my gift card discount!! Again - not sure if this applies to anybody but this is an option if you didn't really want to use your Disney Visa (and not just for gift cards but if you wanted to put it on a different credit card or something). I've also done this in the past so it's not necessarily new.

Hopefully everybody is finding what they need out there!

Ok I'm exhausted -- been fighting with the stupid system since 4:30 this morning but just had amazing success! I finally called using this number #407-560-2428 and used the technique of Yelling (ok very forcefully stating) Agent and then hitting zero repeatedly and my call was answered within 5 minutes. Told the wonderful CM that i wanted to move my girls from Movies to POP but it isn't showing online --- know what she gave me???? She pieced together what she called "A Canadian Ticket & Dining Package" at POP and I'm saving $176.44 from our original reservation at Movies! it wasn't even showing rooms open at POP online ...here's what we got:

2 adults
7 nights
5 day tickets
Regular Dining
Standard room at POP
total $2303.34

Thanks for all your help and encouragement @SouthFayetteFan pixiedust:

Ok I'm exhausted -- been fighting with the stupid system since 4:30 this morning but just had amazing success! I finally called using this number #407-560-2428 and used the technique of Yelling (ok very forcefully stating) Agent and then hitting zero repeatedly and my call was answered within 5 minutes. Told the wonderful CM that i wanted to move my girls from Movies to POP but it isn't showing online --- know what she gave me???? She pieced together what she called "A Canadian Ticket & Dining Package" at POP and I'm saving $176.44 from our original reservation at Movies! it wasn't even showing rooms open at POP online ...here's what we got:

2 adults
7 nights
5 day tickets
Regular Dining
Standard room at POP
total $2303.34

Hey thanks for the shoutout - I'm so excited to see people succeeding in getting what they want! Also..."Canadian Ticket & Dining Package"???...What the heck is that??? Pretty soon we're all going to have to take college level courses on Disney Deal-ology!! Your savings is like $775 off rack rate...that's huge! Congratulations!

2 adults
7 nights
5 day tickets
Regular Dining
Standard room at POP
total $2303.34

I SERIOUSLY can't get over how many discounts there are...
- Visa Room Only Discount
- Visa Stay Play & Dine
- Public Room Only Discount
- Public Play Stay & Dine
- Gift of Family Magic Offer
- Gift of Magic Room Offer
- Kid-Sized Gift of Magic Offer
- AND NOW the Canadian Ticket & Dining Package

why Disney...why??? But hey as long as we get what we want who cares!

I tried asking about the Canadian Ticket & Dining Package....figured it wouldn't hurt. Turns out I would need to be Canadian to take advantage of that one. Go figure! Was told upon check in they require Canadian ID for verification of everyone. I'm so bummed, nothing available for my travel dates. Everything was taken by the time my phone call was answered at 8am. :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter