Stay Play Dine 2017 Calculation Thread

We currently have a reservation for 1/16/17-1/20/17 at CB with 5 day tickets & quick service for 2 adults, 2 kids (10,14). What kind of savings are we looking at with this offer?
I think you mean Caribbean Beach by "CB" - usually we see that as CBR on the boards.

Assuming the same room category is available under the promotion...
- You should save approx $145 vs. your current package price on the SPD deal AND you get the regular dining package which would include a table service meal each day instead of the quick service plan you're on now. You cannot downgrade to the QS plan but you can use your table service meals as QS meals although you'd be missing out on an opportunity to try some great restaurants.
- You could do the room only discount which should save you $150 or more on your room portion (savings will depend on your room type) & then just stick with the QS meal plan.

If I were you I would probably go with the SPD deal and eat at some awesome restaurants!

Two adults in room one, two adults and the 11 year old in the second room (total five in party), assume Pop.

glad they can do it with a two day park ticket!
I see now that you included that info in your first post...Sorry!!! I'm watching football and didn't read that post well...Let me look at this.

Thank you in advance for your help!

We are a party of four adults and one child 11 years old. Want two rooms at Value resort, prefer Pop. Arrival 14 February for three nights checking out 17 February (first three nights of vaca is at Cabana Bay Universal, the 11 year old wants Harry Potter!). Was thinking of buying two days park tickets so we have a day off in the middle of the trip, not sure if SPD requires three day park ticket?
The way I see this for you is:

1) You could go with the room only discount - at POP in a standard room you'd should save around $61 per room or $122 total on two rooms for 3 nights. You could potentially book the deal through Undercover Tourist, Orbitz or Cheaptickets and stack another 5-15% savings on top possibly (this could save an additional $40 to $120).

2) You could book the Stay Play Dine - you would forego any room discount and would purchase the QS Dining Plan which would be discounted by 40%. Thus the dining plan would cost you approx. $417.

The difference between the two is the decision point. If you go Room Only - will your Disney dining costs for those 3 nights/4 days be less than $539 (417+122). And remember that difference could possibly be more if you stack an additional discount on top of it (Undercover Tourist, Orbitz or Cheaptickets)

Last edited:
I have been reading all of the threads and advice and still can't wrap my head around all of this! I have tried to use the link, but it does not show me the SPD offer...I am wondering if it is because I have a Canadian IP address? Here is our scenario if anyone can help out...I don't know what to do tomorrow!

We currently have a packaged booked for December 31st - January 8th. We have 2 rooms at POP. 1 room has 2 adults, a 10 yr old, and a 7 year old. The other room has 1 adult and a 12 yr old. We had 10 day hoppers wit WPFM (We are switching resorts on the 8th and staying at BLT until the 14th). The packages were booked before the 2017 pricing, so the first room pkg total was $4816.50 and the second room pkg total was $3203.41
We have the Disney Dining Plan (regular one) booked as part of the package for both rooms.

Is anyone bored and able to work out our best scenario? I know we would have to switch to room only for the 31st, which is not a problem...we would rather be on the 2017 dining plan anyway, as we like the no dessert and 2 snack change. There is also the 25% OFF tickets for Canadian Residents. I don't know which route to take!

I am okay changing resorts as well...what would you guys do? Thanks in advance!

I have been reading all of the threads and advice and still can't wrap my head around all of this! I have tried to use the link, but it does not show me the SPD offer...I am wondering if it is because I have a Canadian IP address? Here is our scenario if anyone can help out...I don't know what to do tomorrow!

We currently have a packaged booked for December 31st - January 8th. We have 2 rooms at POP. 1 room has 2 adults, a 10 yr old, and a 7 year old. The other room has 1 adult and a 12 yr old. We had 10 day hoppers wit WPFM (We are switching resorts on the 8th and staying at BLT until the 14th). The packages were booked before the 2017 pricing, so the first room pkg total was $4816.50 and the second room pkg total was $3203.41
We have the Disney Dining Plan (regular one) booked as part of the package for both rooms.

Is anyone bored and able to work out our best scenario? I know we would have to switch to room only for the 31st, which is not a problem...we would rather be on the 2017 dining plan anyway, as we like the no dessert and 2 snack change. There is also the 25% OFF tickets for Canadian Residents. I don't know which route to take!

I am okay changing resorts as well...what would you guys do? Thanks in advance!
I rarely do this...but your scenario is just too complex for my spreadsheets. Since you have old pricing locked in, a split stay happening, and the 25% off Canadian deal at your fingertips there's just too many variables. Plus you're checking in before the 1st so you have that one night issue too.

I rarely do this without actually analyzing numbers but here we go...My gut feeling on this is:

1) Book a room only for the night of the 31st - try to find a discount through Undercover Tourist, Orbitz or Cheaptickets
2) Book room only for the Pop century portion - pay to add on the dining plan (you can do a ticketless package if you call)
3) Buy tickets through the 25% off promo
4) Bay Lake towers is not available on either discount so leave this portion unchanged or find a resort that is included (in the MK resort area, The DVC polynesian and DVC wilderness lodge are part of it).

- Again - I'm not 100% sure on this but WOW do you have a complex one on your hands...
- I'd maybe try to price all the steps I listed above and see if it even saves you money because the dining plan savings you already have (since you've locked in old pricing) is worth around $280 I think.
- Also regarding what you actually get - my guess is you will get the 2017 dining plan offerings, ie. 2 snacks, etc. I THINK that change will apply to everybody and the only difference for you is the lower pricing but I COULD be wrong there.

Thanks so much! Normally I would do room only and stack discounts with Orbitz, etc. BUT I have not seen any of these hotel booking sites sites with the Disney on site resorts for 2017, so was considering this upcoming offer. Maybe it is too early?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks so much! Normally I would do room only and stack discounts with Orbitz, etc. BUT I have not seen any of these hotel booking sites sites with the Disney on site resorts for 2017, so was considering this upcoming offer. Maybe it is too early?

Appreciate your help!
Yeah - I've been throwing that advice out there and the problem is no rooms are available on orbitz for 2017 now. This is pretty late in the year to not have them out there, they definitely were available on Orbitz the last couple years by now. I'm starting to get concerned Disney may have shut them off??

I do know that Undercover Tourist now offers Disney on-site rooms and has a 5% discount in place that should stack on Disney's room only discounts!

Family of 4 two adults and two kids 12 and 16. We are going Feb.27-Mar.3. Four nights and 2 day basic pass. I called the first day visa cardholders could make reservations and made my reservations, and I think the cast member gave me a wrong quote for PSD. He quoted me $2120 (QS) at Pop which is basically no discount for dining. I questioned him about it and he said it was right. I went with. RO discount but would rather have PSD. I'm wondering if Pop had no availability for PSD and he just got it wrong. TIA for any info

Family of 4 two adults and two kids 12 and 16. We are going Feb.27-Mar.3. Four nights and 2 day basic pass. I called the first day visa cardholders could make reservations and made my reservations, and I think the cast member gave me a wrong quote for PSD. He quoted me $2120 (QS) at Pop which is basically no discount for dining. I questioned him about it and he said it was right. I went with. RO discount but would rather have PSD. I'm wondering if Pop had no availability for PSD and he just got it wrong. TIA for any info
That is the price for a standard pool view with the ROOM ONLY discount. The website shows no availability for PSD for your dates so I think unfortunately the CM didn't tell you the correct thing.

SO...if they DID have PSD availability your total would be $1,914 for the same room type
OR
You could go without QS dining if you didn't want that and your room total would be about $1,378 with no dining plan.
OR
You could look at other resorts that have PSD availability.

GOOD LUCK!

EDIT: fixed some incorrect advice after re-reading the original post

Last edited:
That is the price for a standard pool view with the ROOM ONLY discount. The website shows no availability for PSD for your dates so I think unfortunately the CM didn't tell you the correct thing.

SO...if they DID have PSD availability your total would be $1,914 for the same room type
OR
You could cancel the QS dining if you didn't want that and your room total would be about $1,378 with no dining plan.
OR
You could stay right where you are now OR Look at other resorts that have PSD availability.

GOOD LUCK!
Yes, thank you I thought that sounded wrong. I booked with room only discount with no dining to pay out of pocket. I might try to call tomorrow to try and get a PSD because with that price it sounds like a good deal.

Yes, thank you I thought that sounded wrong. I booked with room only discount with no dining to pay out of pocket. I might try to call tomorrow to try and get a PSD because with that price it sounds like a good deal.
Oh yeah - haha, I reread your post and realize you just got the quote and didn't go with it. Well good luck, hopefully you can get the PSD deal - are you set on Pop or willing to look at the other values?

Oh yeah - haha, I reread your post and realize you just got the quote and didn't go with it. Well good luck, hopefully you can get the PSD deal - are you set on Pop or willing to look at the other values?
I am going to try and get any value at this point.....one last question if you can help. I booked mine and my sis n law under my visa so we could book the other day. If I try to book online tomorrow to try to snag a PSD reservation is there a way to book online for both of at the same time or would I have to call? I am going to book with new reservations if I can get PSD in order to save time, then call later and cancel our other room only discount reservation. Right now we both have different reservation # but linked together

I am going to try and get any value at this point.....one last question if you can help. I booked mine and my sis n law under my visa so we could book the other day. If I try to book online tomorrow to try to snag a PSD reservation is there a way to book online for both of at the same time or would I have to call? I am going to book with new reservations if I can get PSD in order to save time, then call later and cancel our other room only discount reservation. Right now we both have different reservation # but linked together
You can probably book both online and then call and cancel later. I've never booked more than 1 room though so I'm not an expert on that - maybe somebody else with experience can weigh in??

Was able to call and book tonight at All Star Sports with PSD!! Thanks for your help!!
Awesome - decent savings too I assume? We've stays at All Star Sports more than any other resort and it's always treated us well!

I rarely do this...but your scenario is just too complex for my spreadsheets. Since you have old pricing locked in, a split stay happening, and the 25% off Canadian deal at your fingertips there's just too many variables. Plus you're checking in before the 1st so you have that one night issue too.

I rarely do this without actually analyzing numbers but here we go...My gut feeling on this is:

1) Book a room only for the night of the 31st - try to find a discount through Undercover Tourist, Orbitz or Cheaptickets
2) Book room only for the Pop century portion - pay to add on the dining plan (you can do a ticketless package if you call)
3) Buy tickets through the 25% off promo
4) Bay Lake towers is not available on either discount so leave this portion unchanged or find a resort that is included (in the MK resort area, The DVC polynesian and DVC wilderness lodge are part of it).

- Again - I'm not 100% sure on this but WOW do you have a complex one on your hands...
- I'd maybe try to price all the steps I listed above and see if it even saves you money because the dining plan savings you already have (since you've locked in old pricing) is worth around $280 I think.
- Also regarding what you actually get - my guess is you will get the 2017 dining plan offerings, ie. 2 snacks, etc. I THINK that change will apply to everybody and the only difference for you is the lower pricing but I COULD be wrong there.

Thank you for your advice! To make things more complicated, I also booked 2 other rooms for people who are joining us from January 7-14th. They are staying at the Contemporary and I haven't even tried to figure out what discount to have applied for them!

I should have mentioned that for BLT we are staying on points. If I knew for certain that we would get the 2017 dining plan even with check-in in 2016, I would probably leave it. I still don't know what to do. LOL! I am staying awake for a bit to see if the discount comes out after midnight EST, and then try it. I think it would be easier to book a new reservation and then cancel the old one if I get the deal. Even if I switch my current reservation to a ticketless package and get the Canadian ticket discount, I believe the price will change to current pricing for the dining plan and room. I could be wrong though. Thanks again for the advice!

Thank you for your advice! To make things more complicated, I also booked 2 other rooms for people who are joining us from January 7-14th. They are staying at the Contemporary and I haven't even tried to figure out what discount to have applied for them!

I should have mentioned that for BLT we are staying on points. If I knew for certain that we would get the 2017 dining plan even with check-in in 2016, I would probably leave it. I still don't know what to do. LOL! I am staying awake for a bit to see if the discount comes out after midnight EST, and then try it. I think it would be easier to book a new reservation and then cancel the old one if I get the deal. Even if I switch my current reservation to a ticketless package and get the Canadian ticket discount, I believe the price will change to current pricing for the dining plan and room. I could be wrong though. Thanks again for the advice!
Wow - that's a lot to keep straight!! I really wish I could give you a more detailed/better answer but there is just so much going on with your vacation! I'm ashamed to admit I can't handle the complexity (well I probably could but I just don't have a whole day to give up to calculate all the options LOL!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter